Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:23:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Volume is way low again, people waiting for a new exchange?  (Read 1304 times)
stic.man (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 11:21:53 AM

Seems like people really are pulling out of mt gox. Obviously noone takes tradehill very seriously. Very intrigued by the possibility of the new American exchange and I think a lot of others are too. I really thought gox would simply go back to blowing up in activity.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 01:10:39 PM

Obviously noone takes tradehill very seriously.

What do you base this on?  Tradehill doesn't have the top volume (Mt.Gox still has that), but it is solidly in the #2 spot. Clearly someone is taking them seriously.
fassadlr

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 01:26:14 PM

What do you base this on?  Tradehill doesn't have the top volume (Mt.Gox still has that), but it is solidly in the #2 spot. Clearly someone is taking them seriously.

I was going to say the same thing. From what I can gather, people ARE taking TH seriously due to increased volume and trading on their site.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 01:43:23 PM

I was going to say the same thing. From what I can gather, people ARE taking TH seriously due to increased volume and trading on their site.

ya I agree with above ^

TradeHill has had RECORD BREAKING volume in the past few weeks, I think 2 major exchanges right now is a good a balance. if Bitcoin7 gets some traction, maybe them as well.

Go Bitcoin!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:03:10 PM

Tradehill seems like a downgrade to me. It has fewer options and less convenient displays. CampBX looks really promising (and they are opening in a few days). And they actually have features I really wish mt gox had, like fill-or-kill.

The new "delay" at mt gox is killing me. Really moving in the wrong direction there.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 02:16:02 PM

Tradehill seems like a downgrade to me. It has fewer options and less convenient displays. CampBX looks really promising (and they are opening in a few days). And they actually have features I really wish mt gox had, like fill-or-kill.

The new "delay" at mt gox is killing me. Really moving in the wrong direction there.

ya that delay in gox is annoying. I've been trading on tradehill but looking forward to trying out campbx

I know tradehill has a lot fo new features and things their working on.

Its safe to say that its all up in the air!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
killer2021

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:25:42 PM

volume is low because price is stable with no large price movements.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7
compro01

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:35:43 PM

What do you base this on?  Tradehill doesn't have the top volume (Mt.Gox still has that), but it is solidly in the #2 spot. Clearly someone is taking them seriously.

yes, but that #2 position is not a close 2nd, but with 1/6th the volume.

granted, it is growing, but it's not a major force yet really.

all other exchanges combined are about 1/3rd the volume of mtgox.
Vinnie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:51:38 PM

volume is low because price is stable with no large price movements.

Maybe all the newbie speculators bailed, too? I'm rather enjoying this stable price, especially since I'm buying and selling goods and services instead of day trading.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: