Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Money across multiple addresses  (Read 974 times)
halfawake (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:40:24 AM

Just trying to figure out how addresses in Armory work a bit better as far as spending bitcoins.

If I have several bitcoins in one address, and a really small (basically dust, collected from faucets) amount in another address, and I want to spend money from both addresses, can I use the money from the second address to pay the transaction fee while paying the full amount with the first address?

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:50:22 PM

If they're all in the same wallet then armory will automatically take from each.  I don't think you can specify where the fee comes from specifically.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
halfawake (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:43:12 AM

If they're all in the same wallet then armory will automatically take from each.  I don't think you can specify where the fee comes from specifically.

Fair enough - for practical purposes, it doesn't really matter, as long as I can spend it all.  As far as I know, where the money comes from is baked into the bitcoin protocol, so that the oldest bitcoins are spent first.  So presumably, if the dust transactions are older, they would get spent first.   I just wasn't sure how Armory would handle this.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: