Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:20:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-Coins profiles and strategies  (Read 209 times)
Tel241 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:34:36 PM

I have noticed that there are certain alt-coins that follow particular patterns/trends such as rising and falling in parallel with bitcoin-- and others that seem that move opposite to BTC, and some seem to be totally independent!! Obviously this can have a mjor impact to your trading strategy(s).

How do you classify groups or profiles of Alt-coins and what are the characteristics??
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 05:51:13 PM

I have noticed that there are certain alt-coins that follow particular patterns/trends such as rising and falling in parallel with bitcoin-- and others that seem that move opposite to BTC, and some seem to be totally independent!! Obviously this can have a mjor impact to your trading strategy(s).

How do you classify groups or profiles of Alt-coins and what are the characteristics??

these are just interpretations, the big total reality is unknown to you so dont jump to conclusions just because of some drops of informatino

Tel241 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:51:57 AM

very true  --- the big reality is unkown to me at this time  Angry Angry so do you think I am going down the wrong path trying to analyse coin trends and catagorise them?
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:39:36 AM

very true  --- the big reality is unkown to me at this time  Angry Angry so do you think I am going down the wrong path trying to analyse coin trends and catagorise them?
IMO you are going down the wrong path trying to analyze and categorize altcoins basing on btc price. You should analyze and categorize them via their developments and activeness of their developer. Always remember that changes and updates on the altcoin's tech mainly are the ones that cause their rise and downfall. Therefore always try to be updated on the news about crypto in order to analyze them and categorize what's good or bad after reading.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:17:04 AM

We cannot conclude that there is a price correlation from alt coin to bitcoin.

This is because an altcoin can move on its own without influence from other crypto like btc.

If there is a correlation it will be not permanent and temporary only.

The market decide on its price and nobody can predict it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: