Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:03:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going to happen when we reach the 21 Million BTC supply limit?  (Read 1558 times)
hibiscus

Activity: 217
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:29:41 AM

When we reached the 21 million, supply limit for bitcoin production is put to an end. During the time its market price might be flourished to unpredictable  level.Here we apply the simple market theory  when ever the supply is limited its demand will increase and hence price can go up.It will precisely clear that to locate the position of bitcoin .In such situation bitcoin will be one of the most valuable currency in the world and can be used for the day to day requirement of humanity form top to bottom

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 03:55:43 PM

Well, in that case the law of demand will take place and since the supply will be limited along with increase in the demand, the price will increase and miners will no longer have to rely on mining to pay their bills, over the time we will see the improved efficiency in the network and we will be able to confirm transaction even with a cheaper fees as compared to that of now. Miners will still earn a good money because they will be processing a high number of transactions even if the fees are low. There would be the case of low cost, high volume.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:00:33 PM

Nothing is going to happen and you will probably not be able to see it not because of that you will not be alive but bitcoin will not reach 21M supply  Smiley

Bitcoin has a 21 million supply so we know it will reach there the thing is that it can reach the 21 million supply but the circulating Bitcoin in the network will be obviously less than 21 million since there are a lot of Bitcoin that is lost from hard drives being broken and private keys being lost.

I guess what I am expecting in the future, I know I am dead that time but I just hope the transaction fee in that time is cheap since the Bitcoin miners has no way to earn a profit, I think I see them having the main profit at those fees.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:54:12 PM

it becomes a more stableI think it will be a more stable market. there will be no sharp declines. it would be better if the distribution did not accumulate at the whales. When it reaches 21 million, it does not make much profit. market. there will be no sharp declines.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:20:53 PM

Do we really need to bother about it? That day is more than 100 years from now. I am not even sure whether the human race will survive for that far.. Perhaps we should concentrate on the next 5-10 years proceedings?
rimueng agam

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:22:33 PM

If for example bitcoin supply is exhausted or has reached 21 million then bitcoin prices will soar so many people who sell it so bitcoin supply back increased, so the market system if the supply is higher than the demand then the price will go down and vice versa.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:12:13 PM

If for example bitcoin supply is exhausted or has reached 21 million then bitcoin prices will soar so many people who sell it so bitcoin supply back increased, so the market system if the supply is higher than the demand then the price will go down and vice versa.
Bitcoin will still exist although we already reach the 21 million supply, for sure that time the value could be a million dollar worth already, we don't really know how much cost it could be because it will take a decade before it will happen and we are already not existing in this world that time.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:44:18 AM

I think that nothing significant will happen if we reach the limit of extraction of bitcoin in 21 million pieces. Also, the very ratio between supply and demand will be unstable, just as its cost will be influenced by various noaostnye factors. In addition, I think that the amplitude of price fluctuations with the increase in the price of bitcoin will only increase. People will be afraid to lose their bitcoins and will constantly monitor news that may affect its price. With each negative information, some people will sell their bitcoins and this will lower its cost. Sometimes this can provoke panic and then the price of bitcoin can drop substantially.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:05:45 AM

it becomes a more stableI think it will be a more stable market. there will be no sharp declines. it would be better if the distribution did not accumulate at the whales. When it reaches 21 million, it does not make much profit. market. there will be no sharp declines.
I think it will stay the same as the market now the market will not be stable and the volatility price still there. Market prices will remain influenced by regulation and speculation.

But maybe the different is the bitcoin price, will be higher than now. Many investors will buy and hold bitcoins before they are finished in the mines.
DJCanh

Activity: 278

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:24:45 AM

Will develop a new part of BTC, which less then 1 Satoshi)
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:47:09 AM

I really don't know what will happen about this because it's too far from my imagination and I don't think that is a simple question and only need a simple answer. maybe only satoshi itself that can answer and we are only giving prediction answer without knowing the true answer. for me, I think it is better that we collect more bitcoin from now on so we make sure that when the supply limit is almost reached, we have much of bitcoin and we are ready to sell it if the price increases higher.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:16:20 AM

Do we really need to bother about it? That day is more than 100 years from now. I am not even sure whether the human race will survive for that far.. Perhaps we should concentrate on the next 5-10 years proceedings?
as long as there is still a chance, we use as well. this time that i think just looking for a lot of bitcoin, so that later can be free financially. with financial freedom, will be able to ensure our life in the old age for better

GangNamSK

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:40:07 PM

I really don't know what will happen about this because it's too far from my imagination and I don't think that is a simple question and only need a simple answer. maybe only satoshi itself that can answer and we are only giving prediction answer without knowing the true answer. for me, I think it is better that we collect more bitcoin from now on so we make sure that when the supply limit is almost reached, we have much of bitcoin and we are ready to sell it if the price increases higher.
Exactly. A very difficult question, difficult to answer.
Perhaps only Satoshi can answer and we only give the predicted answer without knowing the real answer.
The simple thing we need to do is build a useful user community and help people in need. Especially to earn more BTC to create a variety of income sources and other markets.
That's what we need to do.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 01:38:29 AM

according to supply and demands law, the price will be more expensive. because when bitcoin reaches the supply limit, it can be categorized as a rare asset, and prices can be very expensive. unless there is a recover supply.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:16:20 AM

When all the 21 million Bitcoins are mined and put into the circulation, prices would proportionally go up and with relationship to the adaption too.
As of now, we know that some countries are still not accepting bitcoins, yet we do not know if  there are people already who holds some cryptos with them. If we would think that they do not have any. There will be a great chance that 50k USD is not the highest price per bitcoin. Everything will be so expensive when every coin is being distributed.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:58:07 AM

When all the 21 million Bitcoins are mined and put into the circulation, prices would proportionally go up and with relationship to the adaption too.
As of now, we know that some countries are still not accepting bitcoins, yet we do not know if  there are people already who holds some cryptos with them. If we would think that they do not have any. There will be a great chance that 50k USD is not the highest price per bitcoin. Everything will be so expensive when every coin is being distributed.
with increasingly limit reserves and exit to the market, then logically prices will soar, we can imagine, if many governments are legalize it, then more and more will need bitcoin with various purposes
CryptoSifus

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:03:45 AM

Hello,
I have several questions?
The maximum supply amount of bitcoins in circulation is 21 Millions.
The amount that are mined so far is more than 16 Millions (more than 79%)
What is going to happen when the 21 Million limit is close to be reached?
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?

Thanks for taking the time to answer :-D

Not that any of us will be around to see that, but here's what I think...
If bitcoin continues as a POW coin on a decentralized network, the miners will need to charge transaction fees to cover their cost + profit.
The more difficult it becomes to mine a bitcoin and the fewer rewards that are earned for doing so will increase the cost exponentially.
Ultimately things can only go up from here providing the market continues to adopt BTC and the demand is still there.
If it fails (which is possible), due to cost and market effect, then another crypto better equipped to scale will slip in to takes its place as the king of crypto.
Nothing can stop crypto now. BTC is the best example of a truly decentralized network. The future is bright for anyone who is awake to see it now!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
MeganJenkins1212

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:29:44 AM

Because the number of bitcoins is limited, I'm sure one thing is that the value of bitcoin will increase sharply in the long run, which can be dramatically reduced.
AliciaAndrews12

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:20:26 AM

It seems that the individual group most affected by the Bitcoin supply limitation will be the Bitcoin Digging System. It is thought that Bitcoin diggers will not receive a reward after Bitcoin has reached $ 21 million and will only be awarded a transaction fee to maintain operations leading to a decrease in the number of operators in the network. Due to the financial impact negatively affecting the Bitcoin system. Looking forward to a few decades, it is not hard to imagine that the processor chips will become smaller, more powerful and highly specialized dedicated hardware. This will reduce the burden on the operator. Moreover, transaction fees can be increased to reward for increased transaction processing that may help keep the operator afloat.
Sobocirevo

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 12:47:05 PM

After the 21 million BTC supply limit is reached, I think the price will stabilize, meaning that the increase or decrease is not so big, because there are no more miners and people who want to have bitcoin must buy from the BTC market. Hunting for bitcoin is not attractive, because everything is available on the market. Speculators do not want to invest, because there is no element of surprise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: