Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going to happen when we reach the 21 Million BTC supply limit?  (Read 1558 times)
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:42:20 AM

it becomes a more stableI think it will be a more stable market. there will be no sharp declines. it would be better if the distribution did not accumulate at the whales. When it reaches 21 million, it does not make much profit. market. there will be no sharp declines.
With a limit approaching, the coin will be rising high in the market and might have a high price for the supply will be limited and the demand maximum.

This is the general economic intuition about the limited supply and excess demand. However, I read somewhere on the forum that the volume of Bitcoin might also rise as we approach the end of the 21million. In addition, a limit in the Bitcoin market might give way to ETH as well to prosper.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:29:15 AM

Hello,
I have several questions?
The maximum supply amount of bitcoins in circulation is 21 Millions.
The amount that are mined so far is more than 16 Millions (more than 79%)
What is going to happen when the 21 Million limit is close to be reached?
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?

Thanks for taking the time to answer :-D
If are mined all 21 million bitcoins, nothing much will happen. However, it should be borne in mind that by 2140 a lot will change. Bitcoin is unlikely, if it lasts until that time, it will be the same as now. This will be a completely different bitcoin. By this time, the technology will go far ahead and the cryptocurrency will change dramatically, and maybe it will even be replaced by something more advanced. Moreover, we will not know this all the same.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:43:46 AM

Developers, in any case, will need to think hard so that the transaction price for ordinary users does not increase.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:00:51 AM

as the bitcoins mined near to 21 million the price of bitcoin will reach an all-time high price may be more than a half a million dollars possible and mining difficulty to increase in between
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:17:04 AM

I think the closer we go to the supply limit of Bitcoin, the harder mining it could be. The price for mining Bitcoin too increases as we get closer and closer to the Bitcoin limit. I think people will jist focus on trading Bitcoin rather than mining it or even improving projects to we can have a definite use for Bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:12:09 AM

Developers, in any case, will need to think hard so that the transaction price for ordinary users does not increase.
There's already one that will make transactions faster and will cost lesser fees.

Lightning Network

as the bitcoins mined near to 21 million the price of bitcoin will reach an all-time high price may be more than a half a million dollars possible and mining difficulty to increase in between
That's possible but reaching the total supply limit is around 100 years from now. As halving comes it will increase the difficulty for miners and like the past effect of it, this can lead the price to go up. And when each year that passes by, users are increasing so that will effect to increase the demand and there's no need to wait for that time until it reaches the total supply limit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:48:12 AM

Hello,
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?

I dont think its price will increase or it will affect much on price. Simply because the total supply will never be lost. It only flows from one person to another and it is not something rare. We still have to use it for everyday transactions and payments. So it never happens that its price will rise.

h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:04:41 AM

Hello,

Infact, there are many changes going to happen. I have no guess about transaction fee in future  but the current circulation of bitcoin is nearly 18 mllion, once all 21 million bitcoins limit reaches, the price will obviously go high as people will be interested to sell less and buy more.
Thus it is time for everyone to store as much as you can before the price goes 5x
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:06:57 AM

I think there will be a stable price of bitcoin and the rest of the cryptos too because as what i have observed, alternate coins are dependent on bitcoin's price due to their pairing that's the reason why their price are dragged up or down depending on bitcoin's price.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:45:51 AM

I think people will just focus on trading their crypto currency since, like you said, mining will be more expensive than the Bitcoin you'll actually mine. I also hooe that by the time we rea h the 21 million mark, that we can see a huge stabilization of price of bitcoin so it could be adopted in the near future.

hatsoff2btc

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:11:12 AM

it becomes a more stableI think it will be a more stable market. there will be no sharp declines. it would be better if the distribution did not accumulate at the whales. When it reaches 21 million, it does not make much profit. market. there will be no sharp declines.
With a limit approaching, the coin will be rising high in the market and might have a high price for the supply will be limited and the demand maximum.

This is the general economic intuition about the limited supply and excess demand. However, I read somewhere on the forum that the volume of Bitcoin might also rise as we approach the end of the 21million. In addition, a limit in the Bitcoin market might give way to ETH as well to prosper.
The limit is not actually approaching because a lot of us here today would have been long gone when the last bitcoin will be mined but for real, as we are getting closer, the chances of seeing the bitcoin market soaring higher is most definitely there.

Talking about the halving that would be occurring in the next few years, I can imagine this is something we would get to see bring about some huge spike in prices and then in the long run, we would get to see the price of the market going far from where we are now. What makes bitcoin what it is as well as every other cryptocurrency is the limit and for bitcoin this would speak for its growth and value, not to even talk about the ones that are lost.
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:43:44 AM

Because of the scarcity of bitcoin, it is easily and fastly to grow up. The demand and supply affects the price of bitcoin. Now, we will experience a hike when the total supply of btc will be mined. However, it takes more years before the last bitcoin supply circulate in our economy. So, don't worry about it.

boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:49:46 AM

this is the simple thing could happen when all bitcoin supply mined.and people become difficult to get bitcoin and it would be rare in market.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:13:16 AM

Something beautiful is going to happen if all bitcoin are mine. It will become hard to get it and the price will pump up to the level that we did not expect.  Many are saying that bitcoin is going to hit $100,000 and some said it is going as high as $500,000 , I believe that this will happen when all bitcoin are mine.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:46:42 AM

I think there will be a stable price of bitcoin and the rest of the cryptos too because as what i have observed, alternate coins are dependent on bitcoin's price due to their pairing that's the reason why their price are dragged up or down depending on bitcoin's price.
Before we would even get to see any stable price for bitcoin, I am sure we would have gotten to some pretty huge level of mass adoption and possibly the mainstream would have kicked in but certainly, we are not even close at all.

The thing is that as we keep moving on, block reward are being reduced and that is what the upcoming halving is all about and in this kind of things, the difficulty will increase, and most definitely we will get to see a huge growth in the value of bitcoin within this period, so one way or the other, as we keep approaching the supply limit, we are most definitely growing at the same time with it.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:40:32 AM

It could be possible that if it is really mined to the last bit of coin, the prices may just be soaring high as we all know it is affected by the complexity of calculating it and the more power used during the computation. Yet as the technology progresses it may as well be limited to a specific value so as to be able to give the right price for each coin. If it would happen that the coins will all be mined, the possibility of selling some of the coins by holders is really high as the prices will reach its limit or peak.

DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:53:57 AM

Yes, when it happens, the price of Bitcoin is supposed to go to the Moon, maybe to the Sun even. I mean that one BTC will cost really a lot. That is why the wisest guys try to invest in the crypto so much.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:36:53 PM

Transactions fees is definitely going to increase and that will in turn going to affect bitcoin.  On a lighter note it will be more of positivity and it will become the highest demands as many people will like to hold some units of it.  When all bitcoin is mind I believe that miners will still have work to do as there have to be around to confirm transactions.  Traders are going to benefit as what will determine the price will be the forces of demands and supplies.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:48:56 PM

By the time the final coin is mined, though of course it'll be significant, primarily it'll be academic. Coin emission will have been so low for so long that it will be an incredibly long taper that will have figured out how to keep mining. Will anyone care if 0.00210000 arrives rather than 0.00420000 every ten minutes?

Dunno. But we'll all be too dead to know. Anyone reading this in 2140 - big kiss from me.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:24:45 PM

Hello,

When the total supply is fully mined, I think buying or trading will be the only way to acquire bitcoin which will definitely influence its value and probably create more stability.

However, while giving your question a thought, another question popped up from my mind; will all these mining farms seize to exist when the total supply is fully mined since nothing will be left to mine?

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: