Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:46:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going to happen when we reach the 21 Million BTC supply limit?  (Read 1558 times)
Koenraad Lange

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:53:25 AM

When we reach the 21 million BTC then a strong financial system will be developed through blockchain technology and it is not just over then all the transactions will be processed through this where the fiat will nor be independent from crypto and money supply of all the currencies bitcoin holders will have a  good reserve of fiat and they have choice of the money whether to use crypto or fiat.
In my opinion, after the supply limit of 21 million bitcoin is fulfilled, the price of bitcoin will be stable because there will be no more mining and hunting by speculators that will spur the growth of bitcoin prices. Bitcoin will become a digital currency that is used globally with a number of changes that have made countries refuse to accept it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:45:25 AM

I think the number of 21 million BTC is unknown, it is only predicted if reached such a number, the market will be saturated.
Exactly I often think if this number has been achieved now, then prices wouldn’t be getting up. Because according to buying and selling rule, when demand isn’t higher than supply, prices never shoot up. So yes, we hope that this number doesn’t get marked or the other way should be that more and more people must come in this world to increase demand.
iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 11:00:55 AM

I think the number of 21 million BTC is unknown, it is only predicted if reached such a number, the market will be saturated.
Exactly I often think if this number has been achieved now, then prices wouldn’t be getting up. Because according to buying and selling rule, when demand isn’t higher than supply, prices never shoot up. So yes, we hope that this number doesn’t get marked or the other way should be that more and more people must come in this world to increase demand.
isnt it when bitcoin supply already minted all , its supply on market become rare and people prefer to hold this.and when demand rise cause its technology or implementation price will rise sharply.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:17:04 AM

Hello,
I have several questions?
The maximum supply amount of bitcoins in circulation is 21 Millions.
The amount that are mined so far is more than 16 Millions (more than 79%)
What is going to happen when the 21 Million limit is close to be reached?
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?

Thanks for taking the time to answer :-D
When most of the coins are mined then this means that miners will need to get their money mostly through the fees that they charge, but this is not really a problem if for you the cost of a transaction is a problem you can send a transaction with a very low fee and eventually it is going to be confirmed once the network is not as busy, so I do not see any kind of problem.
Harlod Benjamin

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:02:51 AM

In my opinion, if you can reach the 21 million BTC supply, people will stop mining BTC and the price will be very high.
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:30:49 PM

Hello,
Since it going to be more and more difficult to mine bitcoins, does that mean that the price of a transaction is going to be extremely expensive?
When most of the coins are mined then this means that miners will need to get their money mostly through the fees that they charge, but this is not really a problem if for you the cost of a transaction is a problem you can send a transaction with a very low fee and eventually it is going to be confirmed once the network is not as busy, so I do not see any kind of problem.

First of all, we must not forget that this event will not happen soon. Those guys that will see it, will be probably happy to realize that they are rich (if they were holding BTC for long). Bitcoin will be very expensive.
mkhadazz

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 04:36:25 PM

Giving birth to bitcoin has started to be limited and along with the depletion, the price of bitcoin will be very expensive because bitcoin will definitely be very difficult to find while the demand is increasing and making prices very expensive
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:35:25 AM

maybe at that time bitcoin will experience an increase in prices and even if there are still many people who are interested and want it, isn't the price of bitcoin experiencing price increases due to limited availability and depending on many requests, but if the market situation is like this, I still doubt investors will increase and return to be attracted to the market, but one thing is certain usually something limited in number will definitely have a high value and is very valuable or special and that will also happen to bitcoin if it has reached its limits
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 05:59:56 AM

LOL.. the limit will be reached sometime in the year 2140 and we have a lot of time to think about that. We may mot be alive until then... so why bother about it when we are having a lot many other important issues to take care about?
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:36:36 AM

In my opinion, after the extraction of all bitcoins, the price will rise, but will stop at a certain figure and will continue to steadily keep near this mark. Vibrations will be present, but they will be insignificant. Around this time, it will be possible to talk about Bitcoin as an alternative world currency.
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:59:36 PM

in my opinion if bitcoin has reached the supply limit of 21 million, then bitcoin can be an antique coin and hard to get, because if all the bitcoins are mined, then the price of bitcoin will get higher, and I think people who have bitcoin are very lucky people.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:11:28 PM

Hello,

Don't mind too much yet you wont able to reach that year on where all the 21M coin supply would be totally mined.
No one knows on what would happen on that year it would be on 2100+ as far as I remember. If demand is high then already the supply
is only limited then expect the price would really more than as we are on now.
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:06:43 PM

whenever the bitcoin is reaching its limit of 21million supply in the market the mining will be stopped and its supply also stopped. Whenever the bitcoin supply stopped and naturally its demand will increase and hence its market price can move upward..The 21 million bitcoin will be circulating in the market and its price can move up according to the market demand.and it can reach up to any height .Bitcoin is with a strong net work systems incorporated with the modern technology so the global community is much impressed to utilize bitcoins utility value in various aspects.Bitcoin is an investment tool,it can be used for the day trading since it is volatile in the market.Its features are very attractive to the global investors and it is a good transaction media which can save the time and money.The transactions can be carried out with out the third party interference.Bitcoin also can be useful for the on line shopping and the service bill payments etc.

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:01:21 PM

I think if the bitcoin has reached its supply limit, bitcoin will not end and will not run out. because the fee from each transaction will be returned to the source, then the source will produce a new number that will be captured by the miner.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:16:50 AM

If the supply become maximum, i think the transaction fee will become higher because miner dont have block reward. But i am believe too that bitcoin price will be growing higher and more expensive because the supply getting tight
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 06:02:20 AM

If the supply become maximum, i think the transaction fee will become higher because miner dont have block reward. But i am believe too that bitcoin price will be growing higher and more expensive because the supply getting tight
that was most waited thing by bitcoin community.no more miner and bitcoin supply already mined and circulate in market.people want to buy bitcoin must provide much to make bitcoin holder interested selling their stock.
yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:53:20 AM

Hello,

I honestly believe we all are aware of this fact already that Bitcoin will soon be completely mined. The 21 million will only be transferred between one person to another in exchange for whatever service.
Yeah, that time will definitely come, bitcoin will not be able to be mined again, while the amount of bitcoin is limited, of course it will
soar the price of bitcoin to be very high. that is a sure thing to happen, if currently 79% are already mined, it means less a few years away bitcoin will not be able to be mine. my suggestion is to keep your bitcoin, bitcoin will be very valuable then.
Well, after bitcoin mining is finished, the value of bitcoin will increase very high but I believe this will not last long and then, bitcoin will gradually go down and began to go sideways, stabilized because the miners, the big whales of the market were no longer benefited when they were not mined. And they will definitely move on to another currency, maybe that would be a bitcoin alternative currency, although bitcoin's position will not be shaken but the community and its popularity will fall to the bottom

I guess that the price of the last mined Bitcoin will be extremely high. However, you are right. After some hype around it, the situation will be stabilized, and BTC maybe will slowly go down.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:24:06 PM

We will certainly not know what will happen if the last bitcoin is obtained. I believe that nothing will happen at all. However, by that time we can confidently say that the situation with Bitcoin will change by 2140. Most likely, the latter Bitcoin will be extracted much earlier than this period, or there is no need for its extraction and there may be many reasons for this. As another cryptocurrency develops, it is unlikely that Bitcoin will then be very expensive.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 08:15:59 PM

Hello,

21 mln coins it is something what has to be solved
Cost of transaction and mining can be solved by technology improvement
bitcoin sidechain can help a lot
I have been reading that Intel won patent what will make bitcoin mining less costly
So we will see
With current mining technology  last coin will be mined around 2040
One more thing is hash rising costs
Cost of energy in China double in other countries cost of energy is also rising
That is not best news for btc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Koenraad Lange

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:14:00 AM

When we reach the 21 million BTC then a strong financial system will be developed through blockchain technology and it is not just over then all the transactions will be processed through this where the fiat will nor be independent from crypto and money supply of all the currencies bitcoin holders will have a  good reserve of fiat and they have choice of the money whether to use crypto or fiat.
I am of the opinion that if 21 million BTC has been fulfilled, there will be no more bitcoin mining, so logically the price of bitcoin will soar because the amount is limited. Something limited will be an attraction besides its value because the amount does not increase.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: