Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bitcoin Quick" token or coin seems to be a scam  (Read 225 times)
kahrorr (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:55:22 PM

members, today i just found a coin/token named "BitcoinQuick" to be highly suspecious . as because they are offering free airdrops . but to be eligible for this they want the members to add eth address in location box of bitcoin talk profile . this is not the problem . the problem that made me doubt on them is that they want 0.00 donation with high GAS (150.000) . this GAS volume i tried from my personal account with minimal amount was around 0.000001 Eth but the GAS on this Transaction was more than Eth 0.11 that means more than 30 USD . because i had 0.11 amount in my wallet thats why i was warned in preview of transation that you have low balance . so i cancelled the transaction .

so thats why i telling you to be aware of such scam they are just wasting your money in shape of free Airdrop . that i will call just a trick to make us fool . so stay away from them . their twitter account is @BitcoinQuick . block and report their twitter and bitcointalk profile as well. i do not have their bitcointalk account . any member can comment and tell others about their id .
Profilerx

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:02:19 PM

If I am getting this right there is a token called bitcoinquick that operates on the ethereum network. That itself should be suspicious don’t you think. All these *bitcoin* coins/tokens rely on faith that people have in bitcoin. So be aware, there is just 1 bitcoin.
khoamouse

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:08:05 AM

I did sent to them 0.002 ETH Sad
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:11:40 AM

Thanks for the warning, this does sound like a scam. This is a big problem with airdrops - it's easy to scam because you have to be quick to apply so there is built-in FOMO which leads to people making quick decisions.

Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:52:13 AM

I can't understand how do you check projects you are invested in? They are even not mention the team at their site and ann thread!
shaggy404

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:57:56 AM

members, today i just found a coin/token named "BitcoinQuick" to be highly suspecious . as because they are offering free airdrops . but to be eligible for this they want the members to add eth address in location box of bitcoin talk profile . this is not the problem . the problem that made me doubt on them is that they want 0.00 donation with high GAS (150.000) . this GAS volume i tried from my personal account with minimal amount was around 0.000001 Eth but the GAS on this Transaction was more than Eth 0.11 that means more than 30 USD . because i had 0.11 amount in my wallet thats why i was warned in preview of transation that you have low balance . so i cancelled the transaction .

so thats why i telling you to be aware of such scam they are just wasting your money in shape of free Airdrop . that i will call just a trick to make us fool . so stay away from them . their twitter account is @BitcoinQuick . block and report their twitter and bitcointalk profile as well. i do not have their bitcointalk account . any member can comment and tell others about their id .

As far as I understand, GAS is just a fuel to make sure your ether transaction goes through the network fast. The network only uses the amount of gas that is needed to process the transaction and any unused gas is returned to the sender. Gas does not go to the recipient.

For example if you put 0.11 gas and the transaction only requires 0.00011 gas, the remaining 0.10989 gas is returned to you. Specifying high gas amount is only to make sure your transaction doesn't get stuck forever.

They are not taking anything from you by specifying higher gas amount. They just want to make sure your transaction goes through fast.

Correct me if anybody thinks this is not how it works.

EDIT:
I just checked their contract and here's one of the transactions someone made for the airdrop. Gas price is $0.56. Not a big deal.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: