Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phinnaeus Gage scammer tag request  (Read 7174 times)
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 06:03:49 AM

I would like to nominate Phinnaeus Gage for a scammer tag.  He has openly admitted that he made a promise to donate and now intends to break that promise to donate $200 to a charity of my choice because he simply doesn't feel like parting with $200 now.

I am unable to locate the original post (perhaps he's deleted it?)

He upped the original amount from $100 to $200 here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119338.msg1284447#msg1284447
Speaking of charities, Josh. I'm upping my bit with you, of which you don't have to put anything up, to $200 USD, instead of the original $100 USD. I did read that you're having misgivings about EFF, so feel free to change your mind when the time comes where I hopefully have to pay out.

Tonight, I was copied on a PM that states he has no intention of honoring his commitment:

To be fair, I will concur that the bet (for lack of a better word) is satisfied as far as your obligation is concerned. It also satisfied my promise (mine was not a bet) to donate to a cause stipulated by Josh/BFL.

But, sadly, I am reneging on my promise for reasons I've outline on this forum. I may reverse that renegeration (just made that word up) at some future time, but for now I'm holding fast.

Me is no happy camper at the moment (nothing to do with your promise/bet, so don't take it personal, though feel free to judge me by my current action).

Mods are welcome to check my PM inbox for a PM from PG and verify that what I say is true.  Since PG admits he made a commitment and now openly admits that he has no intention of following through, I think a scammer tag is more than warranted at this point.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
SpaceCaptainKangaroo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:35:57 AM

https://i.imgur.com/wRuohm7.gif
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:47:01 AM

I don't think mods do scammer tags any more - they rely on the 'Trust' feature of the forums.

Will

Kruniac

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:22:00 AM

I'm not trying to be rude, but this isn't scammer behavior. This is someone simply changing their mind about a business deal. Bad form? Yes. Scammer? No.

I believe a scammer tag would be more appropriate if he would have received some kind of good or service (outside of a minor amount of good will from the community for his promise) and then backed out of the agreement. However, it seems that both parties are no worse off than when they began the agreement, which means "null loss".

Unless you've made commitments yourself that his backing down has interrupted, you have no real grievance.

Welching on a bet is far less brazen than outright defrauding someone for coin. You probably should have used an escrow holder for the bet funds. Tongue

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:28:58 AM

what we have here is...

a facepalm into keyboard followed by destruction of the universe

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 07:39:57 AM

Inaba, would you consider his promise as fulfilled if he establish a charity organization with the goal to redistribute $200 to several organizations of your choice over unspecified period of time? Smiley

/troll
Kruniac

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:41:08 AM

I'm not trying to be rude, but this isn't scammer behavior. This is someone simply changing their mind about a business deal. Bad form? Yes. Scammer? No.

I believe a scammer tag would be more appropriate if he would have received some kind of good or service (outside of a minor amount of good will from the community for his promise) and then backed out of the agreement. However, it seems that both parties are no worse off than when they began the agreement, which means "null loss".

Unless you've made commitments yourself that his backing down has interrupted, you have no real grievance.

Welching on a bet is far less brazen than outright defrauding someone for coin. You probably should have used an escrow holder for the bet funds. Tongue

How in the fuck are you not banned? holy fucking shit, i just read your trust rating. What the flipping EFF.

I mean.. I have some haters. And there have been a few misunderstandings. But overall, I'm a pretty nice guy. Smiley

scum like this will continue to brazenly taunt us until we cull them like they beg to be. want scamming to stop? lets defend ourselves.

Yeah. Rally the e-troops. Sharpen your keyboards. Huzzah!

+1 for the concept of "defending" yourselves. Use escrow. Use escrow. Finally, use escrow. Trust webs do not work. "You sent first" does not work. Verified signatures do not work.

PLEASE use escrow.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 09:45:58 AM

hahaha, LOL, this thread is gonna be good.

Phin a Scammer??? LMAO.

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:56:19 AM

Laffo, a scammer tag. How 2012 of you.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:16:20 PM

Interesting.

brb getting popped corn.

this
/watch
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:23:32 PM

I would like to nominate Phinnaeus Gage for a scammer tag.  He has openly admitted that he made a promise to donate and now intends to break that promise to donate $200 to a charity of my choice because he simply doesn't feel like parting with $200 now.

Are you serious, man baby?
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:26:24 PM

This sounds like a lack of integrity rather than a scam.

As someone else said, for it to be a scam, they'd need to take a material benefit at the cost of someone else.

For example, if I offered to sell you a product and didn't deliver it after taking payment.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 12:33:58 PM

This is not done Phin... Everyone here is waiting with popcorn and few other things  Tongue

Please do not pen post so long that OP needs TL DR version  Grin

Oh and for god sake do not link Inaba and friedcat  Tongue

Cheers

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:15:43 PM

I know this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm having a devil of a time getting you to acknowledge your PMs. I sold some shares of BFLS.RIG or whatever it's called to Blank around six months ago, and despite several PMs cc's to both you and blank (and I assume some PMs from blank as well) we haven't heard a peep. I'm at the end of my rope on how to resolve this situation, it's just a pain in the neck, I'm sorry to bother you here but could you please give us a statement one way or the other, can you please change the payment address on file for my shares? Thanks.
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:24:56 PM

Inaba, would you consider his promise as fulfilled if he establish a charity organization with the goal to redistribute $200 to several organizations of your choice over unspecified period of time? Smiley

/troll
+1
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:30:46 PM

Here's a definition of scheme:

"a fraudulent scheme; swindle."

"to cheat; defraud."

Scam, is normally taking a benefit from another party, other than the seller. Promising something and not doing it without taking any money etc, is not a scam. Instead it's just breaking a promise.

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 03:10:23 PM

This thread has turned into so many kinds of awesome, I can't even begin to describe.  Smiley 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 06:57:14 PM

I would like to nominate Phinnaeus Gage for a scammer tag.

This is amazing! It's been a long time since I've ever been nominated for anything. I hope all my friends show up at the awards ceremony along with the gala afterwards if the nomination proves fruitful. I have first dibs to dance with Rassah, and I hope somebody remembers to bring a goat.

No need for theymos to check the logs, for whatever been recently send via PM to Josh, I will confirm, being the dishonest guy I am and all. That includes the one in the OP.

Yep, Josh is so correct. I deserve the scammer tag for currently breaking a promise of sending $200 for I is so dishonest. Nevermind the fact that I've never scammed a single satoshi from anybody, nor have or will even think of doing such. Yet, I'm currently out over $100K due to this Bitcoin thingy, $500+ of which pertaining to three hero members on this forum who've ordered custom tooled leather ware from my brother-in-law and never paid me, but I paid Martin. To this day they have yet to reply to my emails and PMs, but I wouldn't even think of ratting out their names, let along request scammer tags, of which no longer exist on this forum. But I digress, for that's neither here nor there.

I also confirm that what Josh has stated about it first being a $100 promise, converted to a $200 one is true, and the post was not deleted because I'm not crazy...that would've lowered my post count allowing some other to past me by. Thus, Josh was mistakenTM when he penned his thinking that a post of mine may have gone AWOL.

I believe that it is so kind of Josh to offer up himself as a new toy for me to play with, even going so far as to creating a special thread for the occasion for all to read and enjoy. As a special perk to his obligations at BFL, he gets to do such on company time on Sonny K.'s (oops! wrong guy) dime. I have no way in knowing, but maybe he's doing such on his breaks or just passing time while waiting for the phone call from the FCC informing BFL that all systems are go.

I received a PM from a kind fellow Bitcoiner offering up to pay this debt. I haven't yet taking the time to reply to him, but I will be refusing his kind offer, for it's my obligation, one of which I will have no problem fulfilling--on my terms.

That said, I'll cave! I will be donating the $200 to a charity of BFL's choice in the future, for doing such in the past is too late. I will first recheck my posts to make sure that I do so within the specific time frame that I promised to do it in, that's if Josh didn't have the mods remove it because it was incorporated in some post he wanted deleted for being off-topic.

As the time approaches for me to dole out the dough, I will first set up some trust fund accompanied with a Bitcoin address so that I'll be able to accept donations to augment the pool. One could argue that this is akin to the sauce/goose/gander idiom.

Sonny: Josh, why are you crying?
Josh: He's...he's...playin' me! And I...I...always...win, but...
Sonny: Take it easy, bro! You just need a vacation.
Josh: May...be. Where?
Sonny: Got a conference coming up, and you'll be manning the booth. Sadly, once again we won't be mentioned on any of the official flyers, but you don't see me crying.
Josh: You's the bestest!
Sonny: I know! Now, suck my dick.
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 07:03:58 PM

Nice attempt as deflecting people away from the fact that you blatantly stated you would not honor a commitment you made.  No one cares about your red herrings or how piss poor of a decision maker you are or that you lost $100k out of your own stupidity. 

This thread is about how you are trying to weasel out of your commitment to donate $200 once certain conditions were met, which they have been.  If you want to setup a fund, by all means, please do so... I don't care. It's not about the $200, it's about the fact that you're a dishonest person at your core and you provide nothing positive to the bitcoin community.  You are a parasite and an attention whore; the only thing that matters to you is how much attention you get, not what effects your attention seeking have on your victims.

You even prove my point in this post: You wouldn't want to delete a post because it would lower your post count and someone would pass you by!  Yep, that's an important reason to have a high post count.  It's all about attention for you, I understand that.  It doesn't matter who you hurt in the process, so long as you get the attention, right?

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:11:20 PM

Nice attempt as deflecting people away from the fact that you blatantly stated you would not honor a commitment you made.  No one cares about your red herrings or how piss poor of a decision maker you are or that you lost $100k out of your own stupidity. 

This thread is about how you are trying to weasel out of your commitment to donate $200 once certain conditions were met, which they have been.  If you want to setup a fund, by all means, please do so... I don't care. It's not about the $200, it's about the fact that you're a dishonest person at your core and you provide nothing positive to the bitcoin community.  You are a parasite and an attention whore; the only thing that matters to you is how much attention you get, not what effects your attention seeking have on your victims.

You even prove my point in this post: You wouldn't want to delete a post because it would lower your post count and someone would pass you by!  Yep, that's an important reason to have a high post count.  It's all about attention for you, I understand that.  It doesn't matter who you hurt in the process, so long as you get the attention, right?

well actually what he has done doesn't warrant a scammer tag, since technically he didn't scam you. Did he fail on his promise? Yes. Did he scam you? No

Any promises of a donation made on the internet should be taken as a promise from a drunk friend.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: