Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:42:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phinnaeus Gage scammer tag request  (Read 7174 times)
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:31:10 AM

What, exactly, was the charity bet about? Context is necessary, here. From the limited context in this thread, it's looking like he does deserve a negative trust. I can't really give a proper explanation of why I think that without the context, though.

Phinnaeus Gage is not a scammer.

Please don't engage this nonsense!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 02:36:27 AM

What, exactly, was the charity bet about? Context is necessary, here. From the limited context in this thread, it's looking like he does deserve a negative trust. I can't really give a proper explanation of why I think that without the context, though.

Late last year I promised Josh that I will donate $100 toward a charity of his or BFL's choice (without them having to put anything) once they start delivering ASIC-based bitcoin miners, of which they have. Later, prior to them delivering, I upped it to $200. None of this is in dispute.

I clearly owe $200 toward a charity of Josh or BFL's choosing. This will be paid in the future, at which time I may set up a trust fund prior from which the funds will come from. Pretty cut and dry, wouldn't you say so Maged?

~Bruno K~
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:50:19 AM

Late last year I promised Josh that I will donate $100 toward a charity of his or BFL's choice (without them having to put anything) once they start delivering ASIC-based bitcoin miners, of which they have. Later, prior to them delivering, I upped it to $200. None of this is in dispute.
I'm still trying to understand - why did you say you would do this?

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:53:40 AM

I clearly owe $200 toward a charity of Josh or BFL's choosing. This will be paid in the future, at which time I may set up a trust fund prior from which the funds will come from. Pretty cut and dry, wouldn't you say so Maged?

~Bruno K~
Don't worry, as long as there is progress, you won't get in trouble.
And since you're close to coming up with a name for your charity fund, which is a clear improvement, I'm sure Maged will resume the stopwatch, as usual.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 02:54:32 AM

When I made the offer, it was from the kindness of my heart without any ill-intent intended. Basically, you can even call it a bride to hopefully have BFL ship out quicker. That's the best way I can put it. No other real back story to it.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:02:20 AM

When I made the offer, it was from the kindness of my heart without any ill-intent intended. Basically, you can even call it a bride to hopefully have BFL ship out quicker. That's the best way I can put it. No other real back story to it.
Thanks!

In that case, here's how I see it: They didn't ship quickly, and they didn't seem to have been very encouraged by this bet at all. In that case, no tag is necessary here. I'm open to different interpretations, though.

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:11:18 AM

I'm open to different interpretations, though.
With about as much seriousness as 1/3 of a duck:

BFL was incentivized by the donation offer.
This caused them to expend significantly more resources (valued at almost $200) to ship faster. (You might not believe it, but they were going to ship later)
Without this timely donation, harm has been caused to them (see value above) by Phin's broken promise.

Broken promise (fraud) + monetary damage = scam!!!1 Shocked
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:39:46 AM

I'm open to different interpretations, though.
With about as much seriousness as 1/3 of a duck:

BFL was incentivized by the donation offer.
This caused them to expend significantly more resources (valued at almost $200) to ship faster. (You might not believe it, but they were going to ship later)
Without this timely donation, harm has been caused to them (see value above) by Phin's broken promise.

Broken promise (fraud) + monetary damage = scam!!!1 Shocked

Oh, my fuckin' God! If I would've known. Josh was right when he said I harmed people, but he was too humble to express that the harm was toward BFL directly and not having enough Poodle Chow for his hippie mutt indirectly. But the damage is already done, and I'm sure it'll all work out in the end after Josh pays out that 1000K BTC to charity he owes.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:51:26 AM

Gage scammed me out of my virginity  Angry.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:55:29 AM

Hence, the VTF (Virginity Trust Fondle).
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:06:31 AM

Consider yourself lucky. He lured me into his barn one night and...things... happened.
 Cry
I'll never look at a coffee table the same way again.

Still around.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:08:18 AM

touche.
I assume that's either a typo or someone switched the t and the d on your keyboard
touche   as in good point.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:13:32 AM

touche.
I assume that's either a typo or someone switched the t and the d on your keyboard

douché <I'm tired of fixin' shit around here--for free  Roll Eyes>
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:25:46 AM

touche.
douché <I'm tired of fixin' shit around here--for free  Roll Eyes>
so sorry I could not find the accent aigu key.   Personally, I like the attacks by people that thought it was douche (USA schools are really going downhill fast)

chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:50:13 AM

Do a chargeback!

Gage also steals pictures off the internet.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:58:38 AM

You guys know how to make me smile  Grin

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:07:41 AM

Inaba is again a brainless troll.  Making a promise in return for nothing can't possibly be a scam because nobody is deprived of anything.

This is as compared to running a business where you take hundreds of thousands of dollars of money in "preorders" and then don't deliver for about a year.  That, by comparison, would be an example of a scam.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:17:23 AM

Thanks!

In that case, here's how I see it: They didn't ship quickly, and they didn't seem to have been very encouraged by this bet at all. In that case, no tag is necessary here. I'm open to different interpretations, though.

I still don't see how it's a scam though.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:55:57 AM

Let's see...

Phin makes me laugh, Josh makes me cringe.

This thread is no different.

Carry On.
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:05:16 AM

Welcome to dramatalk, where the scammer tags don't matter and everything is illegal Kiss

I want to thank Phin for always being absolutely ridiculous in his characteristic deadpan manner. I imagine if held at gunpoint, he would begin to talk about some failed deal involving 3 laptops and half a duck.

dropped my load on this one. ROTFLMAO

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: