Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:36:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Help getting my BTG Bitcoin gold out of wallet  (Read 573 times)
dllhg (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:23:27 PM

I have been patiently waiting but havent gotten any word on how to recover my Bitcoin Gold yet.  

I made sure to have my BTC in Bread Wallet before and after the fork. Its still in there.  I have the seed words etc.  

Does anyone know How do I get the BTG out of there ?

Also I am wondering if I transer lets say half my BTC right now to an exchange to use will I lose the equivalent of the BTG I am supposed to get from them ? 

Thank you
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:27:32 PM

It's not live yet. Only the testnet.

The project is (unsurprisingly) terribly planned with no launch date set in advance.

Not your keys, not your coins!
dllhg (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:37:01 PM

The project is (unsurprisingly) terribly planned with no launch date set in advance.

Do you know what would happen if I want to spend say half of my BTC ?  Will I lose the BTG associated with each one I spend ?

Thank you
dllhg (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:48:42 PM

Afraid to move or spend any of the BTC in case I lose the Bitcoin Gold that goes with it.  At $177 it is significant and it could rise a lot over the next month or two..   
celemurt

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:20:56 PM

You need not fret!  The only way you'd lose your bitcoin gold is if you threw away your wallet after you sent the bitcoins.  Once the bitcoin gold network is up and running, you can claim yours based on bitcoin balances from the fork date (a few weeks ago).  Just don't delete your wallet just because it's empty of bitcoins (it still has bitcoin gold in it!)
dllhg (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:21:39 PM

I found this.....  So I should be okay to spend my BTC and whatever BTC I will still have equal amount of Bitcoin Gold correct ?

"In the event of a fork, a second network is created. These two networks initially have the same view of who owns which Bitcoin. But over time, the two ledgers will diverge because new transactions will only be recorded in one of the ledgers. Any Bitcoin you spend on the BTC network will reduce your balance on the BTC ledger, but not affect your balance on the BCH ledger, and vice versa. Which is why you can think of BCH as a new currency created during the fork. Your private keys will now simultaneously control BTC on the BTC ledger, and BCH on the BCH ledger."
dllhg (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:22:53 PM

You need not fret!  The only way you'd lose your bitcoin gold is if you threw away your wallet after you sent the bitcoins.  Once the bitcoin gold network is up and running, you can claim yours based on bitcoin balances from the fork date (a few weeks ago).  Just don't delete your wallet just because it's empty of bitcoins (it still has bitcoin gold in it!)
Sweet,  thank you !  First post just to help me  Awesome   Smiley   

Can go buy a bunch of cheap alt coins now without worrying about it   Grin
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:28:35 PM

Do you know what would happen if I want to spend say half of my BTC ?  Will I lose the BTG associated with each one I spend ?

Thank you
Nope, the snapshoot already taken by the bitcoin gold developer and it seems you will still get your bitcoin gold if you are sending a half of your bitcoin to the exchange site. Remember you are getting bitcoin gold iou this time run in the testnet which means you are already counted in their airdrop to the bitcoin holders, I think that you are free to moving your bitcoin to anywhere.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: