Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Asic Miner for Sia Coin and Decred  (Read 1052 times)
castiel0504 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:25:21 PM

What do you think about this guyz?

http://cryptomining-blog.com/9247-obelisk-dcr1-the-first-decred-dcr-asic-miner-announced/

Is this just another scam or is this company legit?

Whois on their site : https://www.whois.com/whois/obelisk.tech

It LOOKS legit it is not some thing made like 2-3 days ago. Have anyone ever had any experience with this company so far?

You can see miners here : https://obelisk.tech/

CHIP: FULL CUSTOM 28NM ASIC
HASHRATE: 475+ GH/S DCR1
                                  300+ GH/S SC1
POWER CONSUMPTION: 500 W OR UNDER
NOISE: 65 DBA OR UNDER
WEIGHT: 20 POUNDS OR UNDER
POWER SUPPLY: INCLUDED

Stats for this asic are really AMAZING, but same thing it was for D3 when it came out, and 4 months after Difficulty sky rocketed for Dash Sad

Downside - *orders are estimated to ship by June, 2018.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:08:38 PM

What do you think about this guyz?

http://cryptomining-blog.com/9247-obelisk-dcr1-the-first-decred-dcr-asic-miner-announced/

Is this just another scam or is this company legit?

Whois on their site : https://www.whois.com/whois/obelisk.tech

It LOOKS legit it is not some thing made like 2-3 days ago. Have anyone ever had any experience with this company so far?

You can see miners here : https://obelisk.tech/

CHIP: FULL CUSTOM 28NM ASIC
HASHRATE: 475+ GH/S DCR1
                                  300+ GH/S SC1
POWER CONSUMPTION: 500 W OR UNDER
NOISE: 65 DBA OR UNDER
WEIGHT: 20 POUNDS OR UNDER
POWER SUPPLY: INCLUDED

Stats for this asic are really AMAZING, but same thing it was for D3 when it came out, and 4 months after Difficulty sky rocketed for Dash Sad

Downside - *orders are estimated to ship by June, 2018.

Not worth it in my opinion, especially considering you will have $2500 worth of bitcoin tied up for the next 7 months.  I've never been big on telling people to just invest the money instead of buying mining equipment but in this case I think that statement would hold true.  No one knows what the market will do but I'm assuming that the value of bitcoin will only be going up.  If you believe their earnings chart, at todays prices these devices would be making you $750 a month in Decred or $513 a month in Siacoin.  That is assuming prices stay the same and another company doesn't come out with an asic miner before these guys.  Looking at the DCR and SC charts the price for both have been steadily decreasing (especially SIA).   Maybe if these things were selling for $1000 i would take the risk.  I think if you put $2500 into Ether right now though and forget about it until June, you will find yourself considerably more wealthy.  Lets also not forget that Nvidia will have more than likely released their new cards by then and who knows what they will be capable of.
castiel0504 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:53:27 PM

Thats something that i thought as well.... Your money is going to be frozen for almost 8 months, and for that amount of money just by HODLING you can earn much more. I got some really crazy numbers with Nicehash Calculator it was shown that electricity costs around 30-50$ per month(0.07$) and profit of around 5k USD per month, not sure how much is that real right now, but those are SOME CRAZY NUMBERS.

And since this is NEW company in asic market from my point of view, im not feeling kinda ready just to throw money into unknown waters.
charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:18:57 AM

I do not believe new companies without good references, especially if their sales are based on pre order basis and payments in advance.
I remember Alpha Technology with scrypt miner...
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:33:04 AM

Thats something that i thought as well.... Your money is going to be frozen for almost 8 months, and for that amount of money just by HODLING you can earn much more. I got some really crazy numbers with Nicehash Calculator it was shown that electricity costs around 30-50$ per month(0.07$) and profit of around 5k USD per month, not sure how much is that real right now, but those are SOME CRAZY NUMBERS.

And since this is NEW company in asic market from my point of view, im not feeling kinda ready just to throw money into unknown waters.

One more point to add to this, they publish the number of pre-orders sold, so if you really were deadset on buying one of these things it would behoove you to wait until they have almost filled the pre-order slots.  Considering this was announced months ago and its only half full, i think there is plenty of time to wait and see.
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:50:47 AM

One more point to add to this, they publish the number of pre-orders sold, so if you really were deadset on buying one of these things it would behoove you to wait until they have almost filled the pre-order slots.  Considering this was announced months ago and its only half full, i think there is plenty of time to wait and see.

That is assuming those pre-order counts are real and not some fake FOMO marketing scheme to trick a few people into actually buying vaproware.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:55:45 PM

First off Preorder No way No how .. seen this before Give us the money and we will build it  Ye right.
Second those Calculator stats may look nice now and they would be if u where the only one in the world using it.
Third Right before they will be shipped If it doesnt happen right after the preorders are done there will be a huge jump in hashrate and by the time those devices will reach the customers suckers you will be lucky if u roi probably you wont.
Difficulty will spike so hard there will be no money to be made after they are done "testing" before they ship and that is If they ship anything and not just fuck off with your money.
6 months is a life time in Crypto.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
castiel0504 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:30:32 PM

First off Preorder No way No how .. seen this before Give us the money and we will build it  Ye right.
Second those Calculator stats may look nice now and they would be if u where the only one in the world using it.
Third Right before they will be shipped If it doesnt happen right after the preorders are done there will be a huge jump in hashrate and by the time those devices will reach the customers suckers you will be lucky if u roi probably you wont.
Difficulty will spike so hard there will be no money to be made after they are done "testing" before they ship and that is If they ship anything and not just fuck off with your money.
6 months is a life time in Crypto.

Damn I havent seen your reply. But your reply is right on the point. Same thing happened with D3.. I was hesitating what should i buy. I have been going crazy with starting numbers on D3 "5k per month(in August)  AH MAJ GAWD AJ GATA GET IT :drool: :drool:" But after common sense kicked in, and i was paying attention on what Bitmain was doing(pumping numbers of each sale(like 5k per batch)). I was expecting for D3 crash to happen. And look at today <5$ a day. Thanks to my gut i went with S9 and i avoided D3 in huge radius. Something can happen with this as well. BUT! this is new player soo, we cant say anything hardly except.. BE CATIOUS
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:18:36 AM

"Mine Decred with the DCR1 and Siacoin with the SC1. Delivery by June 30, 2018. Order counts are not yet final. Please pay outstanding orders by December 1st."

December 6th and they haven't updated their website .. I smell scam.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Good_Boy

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:40:48 AM

In any case, I hope that this is a fraud, since I mined on video cards + it will see more centralization of Sia and Decred
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: