Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 09:03:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is IOTA hackable?  (Read 205 times)
mcfit84 (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:45:52 PM

I think IOTA could be hackable. Somebody can modify transactions and get a lot of money.
How you can do this. You need a lot of nodes which have a special SW on board. IOTA needs
only small runtime consumption. So maybe it is possible to infect computers with this
special SW. Maybe hundred thousands of computer and now you have the possibility to
modify the transactions. Or there is a very popular website including special JavaScript
on it.

Do you think this is possible?

I have some doubts because of the history of the development team.

And how has the team handled security items in history?

They don't discuss about this. Last security issue on the self
made hash function. :-) They kept in silence. The MIT have found some hash isues and informed them.
Only silence and after some weeks a security update. No discussions only arrogant beahviour of the
developer team.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:21:13 PM

IOTA is not decentralized, you could do what ever you want with it, if you already know this then why would you even care about it? only one exchange has it listed, I could open up one-two exchanges and then list a coin which I fully control. and people would act like there is nothing wrong with it.
When ever they could list it at least on 6 major cryptocurrency exchanges then you should concern yourself about security of the blockchain.

🖤😏
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: