Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:57:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin going up?  (Read 1683 times)
johnwing (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 10:36:11 PM

Why is bitcoin going 3% up each day?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:56:00 PM

Every time there's a big hardfork coming people sell a bit of their altcoins back for Bitcoin in anticipation of getting in on the hardforked coin, because they will get a 1:1 split on each blockchain. I also think because there was big new from the financial sector with CME Group announcing news they'll provide services for Bitcoin futures got new people into Bitcoin.

BlueSword

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:57:33 PM

There's some speculation that people want to get bitcoin before the fork so that they get money on both the incumbent chain and the SegWit2x chain.  After the fork, it's to be expected that the price will drop.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 10:58:07 PM

Every time there's a big hardfork coming people sell a bit of their altcoins back for Bitcoin in anticipation of getting in on the hardforked coin, because they will get a 1:1 split on each blockchain. I also think because there was big new from the financial sector with CME Group announcing news they'll provide services for Bitcoin futures got new people into Bitcoin.
I'm afraid that people don't realize how different the 2x fork is going to be. It's going to be a lot messier and a lot of people that don't know what they're doing are going to lose money trying to split their coins. I'm anticipating a drop after the fork.
tryer12

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:58:43 PM

CME Announcement brought 100K new users to Coinbase.com which is one of the largest bitcoin's exchanges. Which caused a big "boom" to bitcoin's value.
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:07:13 PM

It goes up until the fork. After this there will be a huge crash. If it happens that you place your sell order at the top with 100x and it dropped from 8k to 5k that would be a huge profit.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:15:36 PM

There's some speculation that people want to get bitcoin before the fork so that they get money on both the incumbent chain and the SegWit2x chain.  After the fork, it's to be expected that the price will drop.
so true.
all this happens because of hard fork that happened.
human sensitive with anything free.
because most crypto users already know that segwit will form a new coin that was born and will be distributed for free.
then they all choose to hold bitcoin until the occurrence of hardfork

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:17:19 PM

Here is reasons that I can think of:

[1] Anticipation of Segwit2x in November 16.
[2] CME news
[3] Amazon rumor that they are going to accept bitcoin as mode of payment.

So this fresh of positive news really bring investors to get bitcoin and invest on it because the price can go to the moon later. And the more positive news, the more bitcoin price picks up. But just remember that we can't always go up, sometimes a healthy correction is needed. Just enjoy this massive bull run before it hits the break.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:17:58 PM

I'm afraid that people don't realize how different the 2x fork is going to be. It's going to be a lot messier and a lot of people that don't know what they're doing are going to lose money trying to split their coins. I'm anticipating a drop after the fork.

Well there's always been drops after a fork but it somehow finds its way back up because those that abandon bitcoin on;ly give others the chance to own them and so the price eventually rises back to defy the odds. You might be right about your anticipation but that is not going to be the end of bitcoin.
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:20:58 PM

there is a big fork coming and the majority of people want to have as much bitcoin as possible so that they can get guaranteed profit. even if the b2X coin is worth only 0.01 bitcoin it is a good 10% profit. who doesn't want that ??

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 11:21:30 PM

[2] CME news

So this fresh of positive news really bring investors to get bitcoin and invest on it because the price can go to the moon later. And the more positive news, the more bitcoin price picks up. But just remember that we can't always go up, sometimes a healthy correction is needed. Just enjoy this massive bull run before it hits the break.

I'm quite sure that was disproven after they held their meeting and it wasn't announced that they were adding support.
Cryptosaphire18

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:24:46 PM

It goes up until the fork. After this there will be a huge crash. If it happens that you place your sell order at the top with 100x and it dropped from 8k to 5k that would be a huge profit.

Bitcoin goes up by the help of many people work here in this online job. If it happens that bitcoin someday has a huge crash there is a possibility that the 8k by now goes 5k and it was the biggest down of bitcoin. But right now for me bitcoin really goes up by the help of many people by posting something that they knoe about this online job.
bakekang

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:27:24 PM

I think its because of the upcoming fork , more and more people are buying bitcoin becuase of the segwit2x fork which only means bitcoin demand is rising so even the price of it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:28:47 PM

there is a big fork coming and the majority of people want to have as much bitcoin as possible so that they can get guaranteed profit. even if the b2X coin is worth only 0.01 bitcoin it is a good 10% profit. who doesn't want that ??
Yes because people wanted to have profit by then the hard fork will start. At least any percent users will grab its opportunity to earn by buying bitcoin. As of now bitcoin price is increasing so it is the reasons why continue to increase.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:30:43 PM

There are lots of factors for the price rise.
1.Upcoming segwit 2x activation when a hard fork is expected and so free air drop and free coins.
2.CME announcement that it would release BTC ventures.
3.People finding bitcoin as the best way to double or triple their investments within a short period.

If segwit 2x fails to get enough support,then bitcoin price would trigger.

faithupgrade

Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:37:16 PM

Ok I guess this is the real reason of pump.

Yes because people wanted to have profit by then the hard fork will start. At least any percent users will grab its opportunity to earn by buying bitcoin. As of now bitcoin price is increasing so it is the reasons why continue to increase.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:39:04 PM

There are lots of factors for the price rise.
1.Upcoming segwit 2x activation when a hard fork is expected and so free air drop and free coins.
2.CME announcement that it would release BTC ventures.
3.People finding bitcoin as the best way to double or triple their investments within a short period.

If segwit 2x fails to get enough support,then bitcoin price would trigger.

I think the main driver for this sudden pump in bitcoin is really the segwit2x implementation. I'm not sure though how can we claim this free coins once again. Too many forks sometimes its really getting out of hand. I also heard that there will be another one in December called Bitcoin Silver now.  Grin

[2] CME news

I'm quite sure that was disproven after they held their meeting and it wasn't announced that they were adding support.

Any rumor is good for the market because it is based on speculation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
0x417jpq

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:45:34 PM

My guess about what will happen the coming weeks:

Monday 6th - Friday 10th the price will continue to go up.
Late on Friday or on Saturday some new anouncements regarding segwit2x will be made which will indicate less support, therefor making the success of the fork even more shaky.
From Saturday 11th and/or Sunday we see the BTC price stagnating with even a small to moderate decline.
Just before the fork the price of BTC continues to fall in single digit numbers.
Once the fork has happened and the negative news regarding segwit2x will come in, the  BTC price will take a double digit nose dive - this decline will last till early december.

After December 5th the price will stabilize and double digit gains will be made all the way into the new year.

What happens in January? - I find this hard to predict at the moment.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:19:04 AM

Late on Friday or on Saturday some new anouncements regarding segwit2x will be made which will indicate less support, therefor making the success of the fork even more shaky.
From Saturday 11th and/or Sunday we see the BTC price stagnating with even a small to moderate decline.
Just before the fork the price of BTC continues to fall in single digit numbers.
Once the fork has happened and the negative news regarding segwit2x will come in, the  BTC price will take a double digit nose dive - this decline will last till early december.

After December 5th the price will stabilize and double digit gains will be made all the way into the new year.

I could see this being an accurate representation of what actually goes down. I think, however, people for the most part know that the forked coin will not be much to think about. It seems like for the most part, people learned that the forked coin will not be as popular as bitcoin just through what went down during the bitcoin gold fork.

For the most part, I see most of this happening. I don't know how much of a drop we'll actually see, but hopefully it's not too bad. January should be a good time for BTC, considering the drop from this fork could continue on for a month.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
MrZ28s

Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:41:57 AM

I could see this being an accurate representation of what actually goes down. I think, however, people for the most part know that the forked coin will not be much to think about. It seems like for the most part, people learned that the forked coin will not be as popular as bitcoin just through what went down during the bitcoin gold fork.

For the most part, I see most of this happening. I don't know how much of a drop we'll actually see, but hopefully it's not too bad. January should be a good time for BTC, considering the drop from this fork could continue on for a month.

It will be interesting to see how the segwit vs segwit2x war ends. I am still holding my Bitcoins since I still expect it to continue its rising price. I'd been actively monitoring   speculations and most people are seeing this coming fork as free money. Now I realized that if Bitcoin Core retains its control in the network then Bitcoin will have another heavy rally.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: