Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:32:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Purchase Bitcoin or Wait for the Fork?  (Read 882 times)
SerenW (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:27:55 AM

I've only 1 btc in my portfolio and all others are alts. But thinking about to add one more in it. What experts say about it, I must go for btc at this high rate or wait for the fork dust to settle down? I know I'll get the free coin, but is it reasonable to take risk of buying at this high price?

BTC: bc1qky6p6aptuqcha650dclqhs0k4pawrqc7g0zhz8
ETH: 0x7407Ee8B6cFED6E1cabd67dC91D23D9DB5D7e801
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:30:34 AM

This is quite a difficult question. I think bitcoin is too high at the moment to buy but off course I might be wrong.
It should be cheaper after the fork.
guide123

Activity: 141
Merit: 2

Your brother in humanity

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:33:27 AM

I've only 1 btc in my portfolio and all others are alts. But thinking about to add one more in it. What experts say about it, I must go for btc at this high rate or wait for the fork dust to settle down? I know I'll get the free coin, but is it reasonable to take risk of buying at this high price?

I'm pretty sure that bitcoin still has room to go up till the 16th. Afterwards it will probably go down. I bought bitcoin to ride the wave and then put into vertcoin on the 15th or 16th as it's opening up in Asian markets. Then just see where it goes. I mean, its just my life savings- no big deal.

▬▬▬www.DexAlpha.com▬▬▬
First Decentralized, Self Regulated Token Exchange
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

I maybe wrong offcourse, but buying now BTC is crazy. It is up from 3400$ to 7300$ just in month!

A: It could hapen sell of before the fork. Some traders will take money from Bitcoin at ATH

B: It could happen sell of after the fork, so people who now sold alts will return back.

In my opinion you should buy alts now and get your profit in short term.

I think it is better for you to sell 1 BTC you owning for some stable alts. And do not sell alts at least when they are bleeding.

If you want minimalize risk look at ETH/BTC pair. I do not know for sure, but it seems ETH//BTC ratio will increase and you could made much more BTC in the end. Just look in a weekly graphs of ETH/BTC..it is almost at the begining of this year. Definetly it will goes up. I wish I could have some BTC, but I am allready out of it in other projects.

I do not recomend to you wait till fork happens.

Also in short term you probably will lose money if will buy BTC for your alt now.

Technicly BTC is overbought and if it will grow more it will be suicide. I think it maybe good starting point to sell your BTC to alts now.

Just choose good alts, not shitcoins.

In my opinion even a daytraders must not buy BTC now. Short term they will lose money/alts

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:47:38 AM

Maybe you can reduce the risk and average in.  Take your budget, and split it into thirds.  Purchase a 1/3 today, then a 1/3 after the eventual drop after the fork, and leave a 1/3 on the sidelines for a few weeks after the fork.  You'll only get your third of Segwit2x but if it's Bitcoin you want then this is a less risky strategy.

However... if you're holding for the looooooong run, then it doesn't quite matter since you believe Bitcoin will be more 5-years from now than today, tomorrow, or next month.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 01:55:13 AM

Bitcoin fork is no matter because bitcoin already grow up around $7500. Bitcoin price is very first increase because most of the company accept bitcoin payment that's way bitcoin price growing very first. We want to say that no need to wait for fork you must buy bitcoin because it will be a more valuable.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 02:15:09 AM

If you can afford, it's better to buy bitcoins. As we have seen dramatic rise in price of bitcoin just before a fork. But the fall in price after the fork in negligible. This might not be true always but it's what we've seen in last couple of forks.
PS- and there's forked coin as bonus.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 02:26:50 AM

when will the fork be?
i end up searching for when but i found no date were posted. my suggestion is to just wait for the price to dip less than 5k. at least that should be your target.  it ain't good to see the price dip to 5k while you bought your btc at 7500.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
SerenW (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:09:35 AM

when will the fork be?
i end up searching for when but i found no date were posted. my suggestion is to just wait for the price to dip less than 5k. at least that should be your target.  it ain't good to see the price dip to 5k while you bought your btc at 7500.

It is on November 16th, count down timer.

BTC: bc1qky6p6aptuqcha650dclqhs0k4pawrqc7g0zhz8
ETH: 0x7407Ee8B6cFED6E1cabd67dC91D23D9DB5D7e801
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:22:49 AM

you can still go and buy bitcoins even at a high price because as you see bitcoins is still rising therefore you can still earn a little bit more and have a great return on your invested capital plus you can also get forked coins that you can sell for an even extra profit , yet its still a bang of the buck and not pretty risky but if all fails  then you can just wait again for the bitcoins value to recover and pump.
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:29:10 AM

you can still go and buy bitcoins even at a high price because as you see bitcoins is still rising therefore you can still earn a little bit more and have a great return on your invested capital plus you can also get forked coins that you can sell for an even extra profit , yet its still a bang of the buck and not pretty risky but if all fails  then you can just wait again for the bitcoins value to recover and pump.

I don't think this comment of mine would make sense but i would rather buy after the fork because after that, the price may decrease a little bit then surely it will go up again. That decrease would still give more bitcoin rather than buying now which maybe is the all time highest price. Because the last split just just nonesense if you really can't sell it instantly after the split.
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 04:42:50 AM

Maybe you can reduce the risk and average in.  Take your budget, and split it into thirds.  Purchase a 1/3 today, then a 1/3 after the eventual drop after the fork, and leave a 1/3 on the sidelines for a few weeks after the fork.  You'll only get your third of Segwit2x but if it's Bitcoin you want then this is a less risky strategy.

However... if you're holding for the looooooong run, then it doesn't quite matter since you believe Bitcoin will be more 5-years from now than today, tomorrow, or next month.

This is good advice if you don't have the disposable income to risk it. It's always better to average your gains/losses and become more educated for future forks.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:46:21 AM

I have no doubt that bitcoin is a good investment even at the current price. But I think that getting some altcoins is also a good investment. Since the price of most of the altcoins out there are down, you get more of them. And when the price gets back up as the price of bitcoin settles after the fork, you'll get more profit. This is just an option.

It is really hard to predict where the price of bitcoin will head after segwit2x but if we go with what it went after the last two hard forks, it went very well. So, yeah, buying bitcoin is a good idea.
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 05:07:29 AM

One or more forks are coming after Segwit2x so IMO price will go up more if I am correct BTC Silver is planned in December, so price should not drop after Segwit2x but cannot say anything right now price might just boom up more.

chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:20:49 AM

One or more forks are coming after Segwit2x so IMO price will go up more if I am correct BTC Silver is planned in December, so price should not drop after Segwit2x but cannot say anything right now price might just boom up more.
Yeah probably the price will still go up until the forks are all over, but if you want to take a risk and buy now and hold for the upcoming fork it might be rewarding or a complete disaster. 
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:24:09 AM

I would be buying altcoins instead.  Many are very cheap and some are even close to the ico prices.  There's a lot of altcoins that are having releases very soon such as Waves and Stratis.  Buying any of those tokens will end up with a higher ROI than holding onto your 1 BTC to receive 1 B2X. 
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:26:13 AM

I am a financial consultant and a lot of my clients are asking the same question and trust me on this, it is the hottest topic in the market  Grin
Before answering this, let me give you an insight to current market situation.

The BTC market capital has increased enormously and that is one of the main reason for the rapid BTC growth, now, there are again a lot more potential investors sitting in the market and discussing the same topic, plus there is the greed of B2X with the upcoming Fork.
People believe that this FORK will be the real and most important for BTC, others do have their different opinion, but more percentage of people are in support to FORK.

Many potential investors are waiting for a big BTC correction to enter the market, so in case BTC corrects back by 30-40% that will be the best in favor of BTC, as these potential investors will get their entry point and then there will be no stopping for BTC to Boom to new ATH now and then.

To your question, as per the market sentiments, BTC will not dip before the FORK, the greed for B2X is strong and people will keep moving to BTC till FORK, there may be small corrections, but not a real dip.
The Real DIP will occur organically post FORK snapshot and it will take some time for BTC to correct back under $5000, that will be the most optimum time and a good entry point for $BTC.
Again, it depends upon how much you are willing to invest in BTC and is it really worth to wait for that long time and also ignore B2X.
You must DYOR before listening to anyone else (even ME ofcourse) and all the very best.
tukangkopi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:32:55 AM

I'm the kind of person who does not care about fork, I prefer buying altcoin that have potential to up rather than btc
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:15:40 AM

I think you should wait for bitcoin fork, because the price of bitcoin is currently very high.
But if you look at bitcoin prices last month and month now it is increasing rapidly.
And also there is no harm in you buy bitcoin now because it could be increased bitcoin prices
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:17:06 AM

This is quite a difficult question. I think bitcoin is too high at the moment to buy but off course I might be wrong.
It should be cheaper after the fork.
Usually Bitcoins takes a dip after forks, that would probably be the best time to buy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: