Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:13:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Purchase Bitcoin or Wait for the Fork?  (Read 884 times)
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:21:00 AM

I've only 1 btc in my portfolio and all others are alts. But thinking about to add one more in it. What experts say about it, I must go for btc at this high rate or wait for the fork dust to settle down? I know I'll get the free coin, but is it reasonable to take risk of buying at this high price?
I would advise that you wait for the fork to happen in a few days and see how that will affect things.
Bitcoin has potential to rise eventually. Invest in altcoins too if you can, since they will probably increase in value after the fork too. Don't invest in shitcoins though, do some research ofcourse!
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:22:32 AM

when will the fork be?
i end up searching for when but i found no date were posted. my suggestion is to just wait for the price to dip less than 5k. at least that should be your target.  it ain't good to see the price dip to 5k while you bought your btc at 7500.

Can't wait to see the fork happen on 16th of November. It's always exciting seeing the changes put into effect and how Bitcoin and Altcoins react to the change.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:23:20 AM

you should buy them now, or you'll regret forever
Delicat

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:04:55 AM

if this is for long term hold, then it would not really matter much if you are buying before or after. true is, everyone think the price will take a fall after the fork but there is really no guarantee way to ensure it.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:30:55 AM

The higher the risk the more the profit. Even living is a risk. I will not sell my BTC for any reason if am holding it as an investment.What altcoin can you invest that will give you a good profit that will be more than what you will get from BTC for now.  If you have an answer to that then invest in it.
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:17:34 PM

I think at this moment the price of bitcoin is a bit high to invest you can wait for some time if you want. But bitcoin's price is rising which most probably would continue.As bitcoins are supposed to be a long term investment you might get profit after investing now.I think you should wait for the fork as the price may drop and then invest into bitcoins.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:23:06 PM

I think at this moment the price of bitcoin is a bit high to invest you can wait for some time if you want. But bitcoin's price is rising which most probably would continue.As bitcoins are supposed to be a long term investment you might get profit after investing now.I think you should wait for the fork as the price may drop and then invest into bitcoins.

I also think the bitcoin will be higher soon or later, so I think you can buy some when the price is a little lower, maybe below $7000.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:31:12 PM

No one knows will Bitcoin price go up or down after the fork. IMO, i will buy monitor and buy if there is a dip these days.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:41:47 PM

Dont buy now,wwit after the fork thats the better decision you can do.after recieving lots of advice that makes you more uncomfortable to decide.the fork is the issue of so many topics in all parts of forum.so better watch out after this november fork .just enjoy in gambling for now.but dont lose a lot.
mautenisis

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:48:27 PM

if you believe in bitcoin, buy now or you will regret it in the future dont wait for the fork to end.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:48:48 PM

I've only 1 btc in my portfolio and all others are alts. But thinking about to add one more in it. What experts say about it, I must go for btc at this high rate or wait for the fork dust to settle down? I know I'll get the free coin, but is it reasonable to take risk of buying at this high price?
I would advise that you wait for the fork to happen in a few days and see how that will affect things.
Bitcoin has potential to rise eventually. Invest in altcoins too if you can, since they will probably increase in value after the fork too. Don't invest in shitcoins though, do some research ofcourse!

I would invest in you now. You can not predict what will happen soon. Perhaps the course will continue to grow and it will be even harder to buy a coin. Do not delay and enjoy as long as possible.
blazsqd

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:48:53 PM

I see you already have 1 btc, it's mean you will get the free coin after hardfork, no need to buy it.
maybe after people get their free coin they will go dump the price, it's hard but it can be happen who knows about that..
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:54:09 PM

I bought BTC recently...to buy cheap alts.  Done/re-invested, now I wait for the fork to be over.
ilya_gr

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:30:04 PM

There are some news in net now, that segwit2x will not come, so don’t understand what to do, will it grow or have correction?
flatnose101

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:33:23 PM

I also think the bitcoin will be higher soon or later, so I think you can buy some when the price is a little lower, maybe below $7000.

we have some predictions that possible that can happen on bitcoin we should wait for what really happens for me i may hold mine.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:44:16 PM

I exactly do not know whats going to happen during or after the fork. I still advise people to sell of their profits atleast half and hold rest of the half and keep on buying multiple positions at different prices , as we do in averaging module. Definitely we will get profits as bitcoins has got a long way to go and its demand is only increasing day by day. Still i feel even other altcoins will also fetch good profits in short term.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
jigsaw97

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:48:27 PM

I exactly do not know whats going to happen during or after the fork. I still advise people to sell of their profits atleast half and hold rest of the half and keep on buying multiple positions at different prices , as we do in averaging module. Definitely we will get profits as bitcoins has got a long way to go and its demand is only increasing day by day. Still i feel even other altcoins will also fetch good profits in short term.
it depends which is more profitable and good to do if they sell or still holding may be because some are afraid to have some regret if they made some decision that can loose some money of them.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:52:28 PM

A lot of people/investors were riding on the fact this segwit fork was going to happen, now, amazingly, i did not. I suspect that the markets are trying to recover losses right now, and people/big whales will be selling off their BTC within the coming weeks. The bubble of Bitcoin right now is purely riding on the strengths of Bitcoin itself and potentially the new ethereum vulnerability.
BlueLight22

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:53:50 PM

Nobody can tell you anything definite about it. If you do your own research, it will be healthier.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:03:19 PM

There is no need to wait again because there won't be any forks again, the segwit2x team have abandon their hard fork quest, I think the price will even go up the more when this news spread around
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: