Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:13:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else get busted by the cops for "suspicious" energy consumption!  (Read 19379 times)
BiggieJohn

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 04:11:20 PM

I was wondering if this could happen.  The problem is, it's summer here in texas, and it's damm hot.  A spike in energy use alone cant possibly justify busting down someone door looking for drugs.  If they do, I have my lawyer on speeddial.

PMC-1A11eCF2Rzqzy4PCrV9jabYv1fvYfmN2yc
Doge-D8KLtphcSB3qAkfjBdvceEMj9TJUiJrFd3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 04:37:51 PM

Well, where i live police wouldn't kick my door in the middle of the night for ANYTHING!

They can only do it between 7a.m. and 9p.m. Wink People do have the right to rest you know?

Maybe you, north-americans, should consider moving out of there to some place where you actually do have rights  Cheesy
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:02:23 PM

Well, where i live police wouldn't kick my door in the middle of the night for ANYTHING!

They can only do it between 7a.m. and 9p.m. Wink People do have the right to rest you know?

Maybe you, north-americans, should consider moving out of there to some place where you actually do have rights  Cheesy
Well, if they want to, they will do it at exactly 07:01 AM. And they'll come in masked, with axes, hammers, shotguns, vests and everything. Also there will be 20 seconds before the first knock on the door and there being no door. You should answer half-naked, you can dress later, you can't re-materialize your door later.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:16:07 AM

Well, if they want to, they will do it at exactly 07:01 AM. And they'll come in masked, with axes, hammers, shotguns, vests and everything. Also there will be 20 seconds before the first knock on the door and there being no door. You should answer half-naked, you can dress later, you can't re-materialize your door later.
Yes
Been there, done that! Not because of mining but for drugs. Yes, they came at 7:01 AM, but they knocked on the door. Europe is more civilized than north america, that's granted Smiley
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:00:12 AM

Hope they don't do that stuff here. My latest electric bill jumped by 1000% lol.
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:12:13 AM

again. not to sound like a total conspiracy nut, but does anyone else feel uncomfortable will so much police surveillance? sounds a lot like the little brother of 1984 getting ready to become the "big brother". Global elites want to control you. fight the power!

www.infowars.com - read it daily!!!

The people in power want to stay in power, since pointlessly measuring dicks is emotionally rewarding for some people.
Bert

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:47:02 AM

Totally plausible. Most people in the country I live in don't even know the name for the equivalent of the DEA. The location of their headquarters is directly opposite a drug den of a nightclub, owned by a politicians son.

Tip jar: 1BW6kXgUjGrFTqEpyP8LpVEPQDLTkbATZ6
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:45:29 PM

At least one place in Canada will automatically report you to the cops if your electricity goes above 93kWh/day.

"In regards to if being a miner will bring the cops to your doorstep, according to the Bitcoin Miner, the power consumption will be somewhat like the electric usage for "marijuana grow-op." An example was "The Canadian town of Mission, BC has a bylaw that allows the town's Public Safety Inspection Team to search people's homes for grow ops if they are using more than 93 kWh of electricity per day." There have allegedly been reports floating in IRC of two different cases of police showing up at a bitcoin miner's residence with a search warrant. "

source:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/18335/bitcoin_miners_busted_police_confuse_bitcoin_power_usage_for_pot_farm?source=rss_blogs

Here's another link to a story about cops and power usage.

http://www.davehamel.com/index.php/?p=2487

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: