Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trolls  (Read 2464 times)
Nightowlace (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 12:20:03 PM

Anyone care to speculate on how many trolls exist on bitcointalk now? Seriously it's like every time I read a thread now someone is posting rude, obscene, smart ass, are competitive product posts in other people's threads and items for sale posts.

Feel free to vent your frustrations here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:23:03 PM

Anyone care to speculate on how many trolls exist on bitcointalk now? Seriously it's like every time I read a thread now someone is posting rude, obscene, smart ass, are competitive product posts in other people's threads and items for sale posts.

Feel free to vent your frustrations here.

Welcome to a bitcoin bear market Tongue.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Bogdan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:30:18 PM

I have seen a few around and it is a lot less mature than I expect people should be here.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 12:38:48 PM

competitive product posts in other people's threads and items for sale posts.

I don't like this either, report it when you see it, it's off topic.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:16:38 PM

Yeah me 2!
Where's Smoothy anyway?
and I actually mis proudhon sometimes. Dude even got his own song and all and now he's gone...

On a serious note, the bear is on and people need to vent their frustrations. I don't mind trolling as long as their posts have some substance.
The thing that annoys me most is the increasing number of trolls without any fundaments in their trolls... uhh... posts

Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 02:00:57 PM

I agree it's like dude if you owned a jewelry store and went across the street to another jewelry store trying to sell your items to their customers what do you think would happen?
Bogdan

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:04:19 PM

On trade's lending topic a bunch of people were flaming his terms and calling him a scammer. I think it is up to customers to decide whether they trust him or not, I don't see any actual reports on him for scamming.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 02:07:25 PM

Yeah me 2!
Where's Smoothy anyway?
and I actually mis proudhon sometimes. Dude even got his own song and all and now he's gone...

On a serious note, the bear is on and people need to vent their frustrations. I don't mind trolling as long as their posts have some substance.
The thing that annoys me most is the increasing number of trolls without any fundaments in their trolls... uhh... posts

What do you mean, the people who post utter nonsense, complete bullshit, irrelevant, and smart ass posts aren't your favorite? ....... Yeah me either. It's like at least put some thought, logic or god forbid a few facts into your post.

There is a Scam label maybe a SPAM label would also be appropriate. That way all the noobs and even more veteran members would know not to waste there time with the nonsense they would just go "oh spam guy, right, cool post brah"

Hahaha.
Bogdan

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:09:49 PM

Yeah me 2!
Where's Smoothy anyway?

What do you mean, the people who post utter nonsense, complete bullshit, irrelevant, and smart ass posts aren't your favorite? ....... Yeah me either. It's like at least put some thought, logic or god forbid a few facts into your post.

There is a Scam label maybe a SPAM label would also be appropriate. That way all the noobs and even more veteran members would know not to waste there time with the nonsense they would just go "oh spam guy, right, cool post brah"

Hahaha.
That could be useful or just a ban.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:12:27 PM

I agree it's like dude if you owned a jewelry store and went across the street to another jewelry store trying to sell your items to their customers what do you think would happen?

Free market, man, free market.
Bogdan

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:13:44 PM

Yeah but its not right for someone to just jump into someones topic before a customer buys and say they'll offer a better deal. A lot of scammers could do this.
greyhawk

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:19:25 PM

Yeah but its not right for someone to just jump into someones topic before a customer buys and say they'll offer a better deal. A lot of scammers could do this.

That's just your morals speaking. A new dawn arrives.  Let go of the morals and rules. Trust in the market. The coins will enlighten the path. Thus speaketh Satoshi.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 02:19:46 PM

So what would happen in the scenario I suggested? Do you think it would end well? What about other examples like do you see Gap employees in American Eagle stores? Or McDonalds employees at Burger Kings?

It's called class and respect. If people are looking to buy they will find the best option for their purchase.
greyhawk

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:21:19 PM

Sounds pretty statist to me.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 02:27:18 PM

How so? Because we would like people to operate with some class? Some respect? It's only because this is a forum that allows users to post comments. In any other situation this would not be an option. If this were to happen offline and in a public setting I'm sure it wouldn't end well.

I used to manage a night club a long time ago and a competing night club sent there bouncers in to try and recruit our bartenders. You know what happened? I will tell you moderators, police, government etc had no part in the fact that the owner sent our bouncers to feed their bouncers their own teeth.

It is a free market, however this is not a public forum and when the OP has no recourse it's bullshit. Period.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:30:54 PM

Free market my ass.

Free market means you have right to open your thread and customers will chose where to buy, not that you can come in my tread to advertise your product!

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 02:31:45 PM

And I'm not advocating violence or even saying I participated I am merely saying that is how the owner I worked for chose to respond. I'm sure others have felt the same urge.
greyhawk

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:37:13 PM

Thank you gentlemen. I hope we all learned something from this, namely how easy it is to troll BTCTalk.

And thus the question becomes: Who is really the problem here? The troll smelling an easy target or the easily trolled target? I'd wager to say, the later.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:38:32 PM

It happens, many major companies have been found to post reviews about website claiming they are scamming or unreliable. It's a known fact that it works, and discourages potential buyers.

As much as I hate it, it's going to continue to happen.
Nightowlace (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 02:50:13 PM

How so? Because we would like people to operate with some class? Some respect? It's only because this is a forum that allows users to post comments. In any other situation this would not be an option. If this were to happen offline and in a public setting I'm sure it wouldn't end well.

I used to manage a night club a long time ago and a competing night club sent there bouncers in to try and recruit our bartenders. You know what happened? I will tell you moderators, police, government etc had no part in the fact that the owner sent our bouncers to feed their bouncers their own teeth.

It is a free market, however this is not a public forum and when the OP has no recourse it's bullshit. Period.

LMAO I act the same way in real life as I act on this forum, I never had an issue. I also live in NY and we are the trolls of the USA so yeah. Also isn't threatening violence against the TOS of this forum so your the real troll here.

But this is how the free market works and we can't even exercise that here, it is up to the consumers to do research before and if we are giving them more options to look into, I don't see the harm.

No, I'm not advocating or threatening I stated that already though.

Oh and it's "you're" ...... See that is an example of trolling. When you have nothing better to say just attack.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: