Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IS IOTA/the tangle Hackable?  (Read 266 times)
Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:30:58 AM

Hello  I would  like to have  some   opinon  about  the  secutiy of the  Tangle.

I red  from a  member of this forum that  is  hackable, he said this:

Hackable means for me it is possible to modify transactions and get a lot of money.
How you can do this. You need a lot of nodes which have a special SW on board. IOTA needs
only small runtime consumption. So maybe it is possible to infect computers with this
special SW. Maybe hundred thousand of computer and now you have the possibility to
modify the transactions. Or there is a very popular website including special JavaScript
on it.

And how will the team handle security items?

They don't discuss about this. And why I know this. Because last security issue on the self
made hash function.  Sad They kept in silence. The MIT have found some hash isues and informed them.
Only silence and after some weeks a security update. No discussions only arrogant beahviour of the
developer team. And now you want to trust this currency?

I am certainly not. Maybe you. But I love my money. I earned this very hard.

I red  a lot  of bad things about  IOTA  I  just  want to know  what  do you think about  it.  Is him right  saying that things?  What does he mean  with  SW?

cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:30:52 AM

I gave a response to it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2357298.msg24109823#msg24109823
rawrats

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:40:39 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 06:53:09 PM by rawrats

Hello  I would  like to have  some   opinon  about  the  secutiy of the  Tangle.

I red  from a  member of this forum that  is  hackable, he said this:

Hackable means for me it is possible to modify transactions and get a lot of money.
How you can do this. You need a lot of nodes which have a special SW on board. IOTA needs
only small runtime consumption. So maybe it is possible to infect computers with this
special SW. Maybe hundred thousand of computer and now you have the possibility to
modify the transactions. Or there is a very popular website including special JavaScript
on it.

And how will the team handle security items?

They don't discuss about this. And why I know this. Because last security issue on the self
made hash function.  Sad They kept in silence. The MIT have found some hash isues and informed them.
Only silence and after some weeks a security update. No discussions only arrogant beahviour of the
developer team. And now you want to trust this currency?

I am certainly not. Maybe you. But I love my money. I earned this very hard.

I red  a lot  of bad things about  IOTA  I  just  want to know  what  do you think about  it.  Is him right  saying that things?  What does he mean  with  SW?

He is not right - it is just speculations. To say it is hackable needs a proof. Why he bother to use caps lock and spend kognitive energy to translate software into SW?

Iota has never been hacked. I can only find people who have selected too easy seeds or downloaded a scam seed generator that gives same seed everytime, but that meens not that the tangle is hackable. The tangle is quantum resistant.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: