Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:19:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy for upcoming BTC fork?  (Read 1130 times)
Pcahoppe (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:51:27 AM

Hi guys,

new here, been reading a lot of tips & tricks and learning a lot from all you guys so thank you for that already!  Grin

About the upcoming Segwit2X BTC fork I was wondering what trading strategy you are considering. Given the past two forks of BCH and BTG, I assume:
1. The overpriced BTC goes immediately down after the fork and settles at near the 5k area (just an estimate).
2. The value from BTC flows mostly and directly to the altcoins.

As there is no way to accurately predict when block 494,784 is mined, there is a good chance some of us are sleeping (as I was during the BTG fork) while all this action takes place.
From logical perspective, I'd want to move my BTC to e.g. LTC/XRP/IOTA/.... almost instantly after the fork. Hereby I take my gains from BTC while also profiting from the increase in altcoin values. In a later stage, I will use the surplus from the alts so re-invest in BTC and end up with more than I have right now. However, as I will likely have most my BTC on my ledger and exchanges do not support consequential trade orders (e.g. (1) sell BTC, (2) buy XXX etc), this might prove difficult. Undecided

So.. What strategy will you be using?  Huh
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:01:59 AM

How are you thinking seriously to build the strategy to the bitcoin fork? Here's my strategy that makes me feel happy. Buy bitcoin as much as you can and then try to put all of your bitcoin into the exchange sites that already supported the forked coin b2x just like binance or hitbtc. and receive your free coin and then dump it at the early time before those holders from the wallet be able to make any transaction to the exchange site.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:47:31 AM

First,we clearly don't know that whether segwit 2x would succeed in getting majority of miner support replacing bitcoin or it would fail to get enough support,thereby creating a split in the chain and giving access to free coins.

Only if the second occurs and you get free coins,then you could immediately dump your free coins in the market.For that,you would have to store your bitcoins in an exchange which supports segwit 2x.

If segwit 2x succeeds in getting major support and replaces bitcoin,then you would get no free coins and the future of bitcoin would not be good.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:53:01 AM

BTC is highly unpredictable and there isn't a sure-fire strategy to follow. Experts were predicting $4K by 2019 last year.
Segwit2X, like all forks, doesn't take away anything from the value of Bitcoin. It is foolish to assume that any price drop will occur just because it forks.

Since I don't trade but hold, my strategy is just that. I will most likely hold both coins or sell B2X depending on how things go the first few days.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:55:05 AM

'd want to move my BTC to e.g. LTC/XRP/IOTA/.... almost instantly after the fork. Hereby I take my gains from BTC while also profiting from the increase in altcoin values
This will mostly be a fail it worked for me during the previous and no doubt you can gain lot of profit but you will almost be chasing against the whole btc community right after that block occurs people rush , use their bots and you might be left behind.
Try my strategy i will buy alts like xmr , qtum a hour before the fork is going to occur and wait for 1:30 min. After that time period i would have made easily a profit of 40%. Why 40% because last time i was able to make something around it.
BlankZuel

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:27:04 AM

I think Bitcoin Cash will win.
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:29:11 AM

'Assuming price for B2X is $1,000' is said on cryptonews. What's the base for that? Is this new coin more precious than Bitcoin Cash?
cryptodyn

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:49:02 AM

You say: " I'd want to move my BTC to e.g. LTC/XRP/IOTA/.... almost instantly after the fork"
I think it is a big mistake. IMHO You should convert your btc's into altcoins a few hours or even a day fefore the fork.
faimloup

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:54:05 AM

To dispel FOMO try a hedge strategy: hold majority, and use a significant percentage to profit from an anticipated altcoin surge

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:15:07 AM

'Assuming price for B2X is $1,000' is said on cryptonews. What's the base for that? Is this new coin more precious than Bitcoin Cash?

Segwit2x at least tries to improve on the existing infrastructure, whilst Bitcoin cash was just like any other alternative coin. Bitcoin Gold was a scam coin. There isn't any bases on his assumption though, if it's going to sell at a fixed price then I would stay away from the coin. It's likely to get some hype though and will likely be worth something in the first few days. Hard to tell whether it will be more than that at this point in time.
elimi

Activity: 255

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:11:35 PM

It's hard to say whether it will be more than that at the moment
Pcahoppe (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:42:09 PM

OK I see a lot of mixed opinions here. Getting wiser every minute Smiley

I understand from this that there is no generally accepted way of dealing with these forks.

As much as i'd like to put my eggs in several baskets I will not (for the sake of blunt greed I must admit) shift to altcoins before the fork. For the same sake I recon that many BTC holders will do the same as whether or not B2X will get support or not will only be known after the fork (proof of pudding is in the eating). ALSO, with respect to selling directly, we do not know which chain will become the dominant one. Therefore I am inclined to keep by B2X at least until that situation has become more clear.

How do you build in securities that you are not sleeping when this will all happen (stop loss orders or something)? How do you keep track of the exact status of the fork? Which block we are now and when are we 'one hour' before the fork?
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:08:33 PM

The best strategy you could have for the upcoming BTC fork is to just hold your bitcoins and let them gain more value after people realize SegWit2X is just another forkcoin and has no real long term value, other than the short term speculative value it can provide. I'll be holding my coins with my Samourai wallet though as they'll have fork detection, coin-splitting, and an auto-dump feature.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:20:05 PM

Strstegy? Well if the bitcoin price ia slowly falling, I will transfer my bitcoin into my fiat wallet then if the price will go down I will buy again some and wait for it to increase again, so I can earn for buying it in a small amouny which is the best time fot buying a bitcoin and the best time to invest. For sure even how dip of the price of bitcoin will, it will totally increase again.
Talenter

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:26:18 PM

Why that?  Huh
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:28:23 PM

Words like "Strategy" and "Estimate" don't go together as it doesn't sound like it is accurate. You even mentioning the word "overprice" to Bitcoin shows that you don't know what you are talking about since Bitcoin's value has nothing to based on because it doesn't have any fair market value. The upcoming Fork my advice is to monitor the prices frequently as it can change quickly just like what happened in the previous forks.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Persiville

Activity: 144

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:39:03 PM

Words like "Strategy" and "Estimate" don't go together as it doesn't sound like it is accurate. You even mentioning the word "overprice" to Bitcoin shows that you don't know what you are talking about since Bitcoin's value has nothing to based on because it doesn't have any fair market value. The upcoming Fork my advice is to monitor the prices frequently as it can change quickly just like what happened in the previous forks.

Yes i think it doesn't really imply the word "overpriced" at all. You will just look like  a new guy that doesn't have that much experience in crypto, or people will just think you just encountered bitcoin by now basing on what you were saying. Market fluctuations are one that you must be keeping an eye of, there are many changes that can possibly happening since there is also this new upcoming fork to follow from the previous fork just happened.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
flowpify

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:07:29 PM

From my newbie point of view, it's extremely interesting to read all your points of view/advices. I wanted to invest in BTC, but I'm not sure it would be the right time considering the fork ahead. Maybe it would be interesting to invest in altcoins as they could gain value because people would also be scared of the fork ?
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:18:46 PM

I am going to hedge my bets, I will sell a portion of bitcoin pre fork and invest in alts, then I will sell another portion post fork to invest in alts (if the signs are looking good) and finally I will leave the rest in bitcoin throughout.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Manchumichael

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:26:35 PM

I am going to hedge my bets, I will sell a portion of bitcoin pre fork and invest in alts, then I will sell another portion post fork to invest in alts (if the signs are looking good) and finally I will leave the rest in bitcoin throughout.
selling your one portion of bitcoin is a good choice. because anyhow after this fork the price drop and you can buy it again for less price. and investing in altcoins is best idea now all alts are dropped good time to invest.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:46:36 PM

I think the result of price drop below 7100$ now of btc is due to people have actually started selling already now itself. There is still time left for the fork to happen and thus if this continue we can easily see the btc prices felling below 6500$ in coming days which may not be a good thing to happen.

ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:12:19 PM

There is no basic strategy to use for such forks . The only thing I know so far is that you need to own as much btc as possible in your wallet of which you have the private key in order to get benefits of the fork.

Basically when Bitcoin splits we get an option to claim the same number of Bitcoins we own in the form of the new coin that was created after the split. Like if you own say 0.5 btc you get 0.5 bch as well at the time of split.

And about the fall of prices , they will definitely fall now but then there as estimates which say that Bitcoin has the potential to reach 50k USD by the end of 2k18. So it's better to just ignore the facts about the fork let it go with the flow.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
LssPssn

Activity: 114
Merit: 18

Just enjoy once!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:17:08 PM

There is no basic strategy to use for such forks . The only thing I know so far is that you need to own as much btc as possible in your wallet of which you have the private key in order to get benefits of the fork.

Basically when Bitcoin splits we get an option to claim the same number of Bitcoins we own in the form of the new coin that was created after the split. Like if you own say 0.5 btc you get 0.5 bch as well at the time of split.

And about the fall of prices , they will definitely fall now but then there as estimates which say that Bitcoin has the potential to reach 50k USD by the end of 2k18. So it's better to just ignore the facts about the fork let it go with the flow.

Woooow 50k in the en 2k18??  Shocked Shocked Ive read somewhere that we finish this 2k17 with BTC at 10K... Hope you are right for the next year! Grin

Anyway... Someone knows if Bitfinex supports this fork? o I have to put my BTC in my electrum wallet or another? Thanks!

Buy the dip!
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:04:12 PM

selling your one portion of bitcoin is a good choice. because anyhow after this fork the price drop and you can buy it again for less price. and investing in altcoins is best idea now all alts are dropped good time to invest.

Keep your BTC if it doesn't go lower than $6500, until the fork 'HODL!' and after that watch for the show!  Nobody can know what will happen after the fork, trade at your own risk please Smiley
swaptaker

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:07:10 PM

Hi guys,

new here, been reading a lot of tips & tricks and learning a lot from all you guys so thank you for that already!  Grin

About the upcoming Segwit2X BTC fork I was wondering what trading strategy you are considering. Given the past two forks of BCH and BTG, I assume:
1. The overpriced BTC goes immediately down after the fork and settles at near the 5k area (just an estimate).

As there is no way to accurately predict when block 494,784 is mined, there is a good chance some of us are sleeping (as I was during the BTG fork) while all this action takes place.
From logical perspective, I'd want to move my BTC to e.g. LTC/XRP/IOTA/.... almost instantly after the fork. Hereby I take my gains from BTC while also profiting from the increase in altcoin values. In a later stage, I will use the surplus from the alts so re-invest in BTC and end up with more than I have right now. However, as I will likely have most my BTC on my ledger and exchanges do not support consequential trade orders (e.g. (1) sell BTC, (2) buy XXX etc), this might prove difficult. Undecided

I'll wait until the last 2 days for bitcoin fork. I mean I won't take action until there is 2 days left.

I'll watch altcoin market, if it decreases, this is a good sign for bitcoin.

I'll also try to follow the last news about upcoming fork. Will it be adopted by the celebrities of bitcoin community, or no. This is important.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:33:50 PM

I will hold bitcoin no matter what. The price may lower a few hundred dollar, because of people selling, but that will proof to be a mistake. Bitcoin will recover and the price will go up after the fork. You might want to play safe and sell now to buy later, but that will be a mistake. Bitcoin will be 10K end of the year.

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:36:27 PM

You don't need a strategy to take advantage of forks. All you need to do is make sure that you are holding Bitcoin with your own private keys and not on an exchange or anything of that nature (obviously as you do not control your private keys). When airdrops happen, simply follow the instructions provided to access your free coins/tokens.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 09:40:30 PM

I think we should watch what happened in BCH fork. Same may happen this time also. BTC needs a huge correction Cheesy

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:59:51 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 12:41:09 AM by ArnoldChippy

I think we should watch what happened in BCH fork. Same may happen this time also. BTC needs a huge correction Cheesy
we are not expecting any correction before the hardfork. People are expecting free bitcoins after hardfork therefore they are holding bitcoin and are not interested to sell it right now. But after hardfork a little correction is expected which can cause the price of bitcoin down a little but not for a long time. After some time the price of bitcoin will again start rising and hope that it will reach to 10000$ very soon.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:41:06 AM

Hold my bitcoin, it is my decision for now but it may change depends on the reactions of the market before the hardfork may take effect. Let us observe the market before and after the hardfork.

moynul2050

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:53:03 AM

Hold my bitcoin, it is my decision for now but it may change depends on the reactions of the market before the hardfork may take effect. Let us observe the market before and after the hardfork.
Nothing I get with Hardfork, until now I'm still waiting for BTG. no official news and very disappointing.
hardfork is just a boring issue.
EcoBeast

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:23:19 AM

Would it be smart to purchase 25k USD of BTC prior to the fork (as soon as this week), put it in a wallet and hodl til after the fork?   Or better to wait til after the fork to purchase BTC?
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:24:09 AM

Hi guys,

Really? Why are you going to move your investments from BTC to altcoins during bitcoin forking? I think, the best thing to do a week or two before the bitcoin forking is that you should invest your money in bitcoin, then put it in a wallet that supports the forking (i.e. you'll receive the equivalence of your bitcoin in terms of the bitcoin forked coin).

It is also not a good idea to move your investments from BTC to altcoins even after forking because as you can see, a lot of altcoins are on a freefall in the past 2 months, especially the top altcoins like ETHEREUM and ALTCOIN. There's no point on moving your money from the cryptocurrency that continuously rise up (BITCOIN) to an altcoin that has a falling value.

bubblebit

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:35:47 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 05:54:19 AM by bubblebit

Btc2x or Segwit2x is a coin that might be created this coming November 16th fork. Obviously it is not yet available and can’t be trade in time. All I have to do is stop everything and HODLing before and after that day to have free coins that I will dumped seriously fast. I don’t want to hold much fork coins for now to discourage this kind of things.

I have no enough bitcoin left and I’m saving now for that. Investing will be needed but on the minimum only, I can’t afford to bought more than 1000$ worth of bitcoin.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:38:35 PM

Hi guys,

The ony way to avoid,lossing bitcoin or altcoin in your wallet is by holding your all  investment,and wait to turns the scenario back to normal,because of this hardfork coming many transaction would delay,misplaced,erratic and transparent.so avoid this,  the best strategy is hoard all your asset,do not gain profits,and follow the basic fundamental analysis.

dominikas18

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:31:27 AM

Hi guys,

I'll wait until the last 2 days for bitcoin fork. I mean I won't take action until there is 2 days left.

I'll watch altcoin market, if it decreases, this is a good sign for bitcoin.

I'll also try to follow the last news about upcoming fork. Will it be adopted by the celebrities of bitcoin community, or no. This is important.

Hi guys! I have few thoughts regarding the strategy for the upcoming Fork, would be glad to hear your opinion on the topic:
https://youtu.be/fpWNENPsNw4
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:06:52 AM

The best strategy you could have for the upcoming BTC fork is to just hold your bitcoins and let them gain more value after people realize SegWit2X is just another forkcoin and has no real long term value, other than the short term speculative value it can provide. I'll be holding my coins with my Samourai wallet though as they'll have fork detection, coin-splitting, and an auto-dump feature.
As far as biotin are concerned, yes I am on the side of holding. Day trading helps you a lot but that consume your much energy and time. Plus you have to sit before the screen and the whole day you are just calculating everything, every time.

So need is to save your time and energy, putting in some other fantastic work. So only holding can help you in this regard with incredible results.
carriebee

Activity: 1148

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:46:36 AM

As far as biotin are concerned, yes I am on the side of holding. Day trading helps you a lot but that consume your much energy and time. Plus you have to sit before the screen and the whole day you are just calculating everything, every time.

So need is to save your time and energy, putting in some other fantastic work. So only holding can help you in this regard with incredible results.
Bitcoin price drops after this segwit cancellation. If you sell now you lose your money. Yes holding is the best these days to save your funds.
jcowallace1968

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:12:02 AM

Yeah, no fork make bitcoin cash become new king. I susprise with it rising.

DaMut

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:01:58 AM

Nope Bitcoin Cash will never be,
why ? because it was not Bitcoin but instead it was the Alternative Coin.
indeed they declared it about suspended the segwit2x,
but it does not mean it will not in the future,right ? the reason behind their move a day ago because of the community themself.
with fork Bitcoin gained a lot of Pros and Cons,what will happen if Bitcoin supporter divided into 2 group if they keep forcing it ?
they're making move for a long term project,
we need it because it will help the network,but right now it's not a good time to do it because of the differences in Bitcoin users opinion.
just becareful with your thing so called 'New King' in a few weeks later on,
you can lose all of your money in a second if you do not your own research properly.

████████████████████████
SPORTS
███████▄███▄▄
█████████▀▀████▄▄
▄███▄▄███████▀▀████▄▄
███▀█████▄███████▀▀███▄
████████████▄▄█████████
█████████░▀▀████▄▄████▀
████████████████████
█████████░▄▄████▀▀████▄
████████████▀▀█████████
███▄█████▀███████▄▄███▀
▀███▀▀███████▄▄████▀
█████████▄▄████▀▀
███████▀███▀▀
bets.io
████████████████████████
CASINO
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:12:41 AM

Nope Bitcoin Cash will never be,
why ? because it was not Bitcoin but instead it was the Alternative Coin.
indeed they declared it about suspended the segwit2x,
but it does not mean it will not in the future,right ? the reason behind their move a day ago because of the community themself.
with fork Bitcoin gained a lot of Pros and Cons,what will happen if Bitcoin supporter divided into 2 group if they keep forcing it ?
they're making move for a long term project,
we need it because it will help the network,but right now it's not a good time to do it because of the differences in Bitcoin users opinion.
just becareful with your thing so called 'New King' in a few weeks later on,
you can lose all of your money in a second if you do not your own research properly.

Every one was thinking the same about bitcoin cash some days back till SegWit2x is not cancelled and now no other hardfork is their to compete with bitcoin cash so i think the minners will support bitcoin cash due to big block size, due to that low transaction fees and fast confirmation in transaction.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:52:51 AM

so the whole purpouse of these forks that have been coming and going is to encourge more and more poeple to strat mining bitcoin cash and that is by making its minig eaiser that the bitcoin, and this is to secure its blockchain, even tho at first poepel were not comftorbale with it, but they started using it as an alternative coin mining it and exchanging it to bitcoin, i don't think that the case will last, probably by the end of the year things will go back the same, but we are not going to see bitcoin going to 10k, so holding will be the best option here.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:41:57 AM

Woooow 50k in the en 2k18??  Shocked Shocked Ive read somewhere that we finish this 2k17 with BTC at 10K... Hope you are right for the next year! Grin

Anyway... Someone knows if Bitfinex supports this fork? o I have to put my BTC in my electrum wallet or another? Thanks!
No man 20k must be achieved at the end of 2k17 and after that golden time will be started and 5ok will take so much time to come so wait for the desired prices to struck and then cash out your money and after that there will be profit everywhere and there will be no fork in the future because bitcoin is now unstoppable so wait and watch what is coming for you, you will feel blessed as well so see the market.
lichao1395427

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:07:53 AM

Btc2x or Segwit2x is a coin that might be created this coming November 16th fork. Obviously it is not yet available and can’t be trade in time. All I have to do is stop everything and HODLing before and after that day to have free coins that I will dumped seriously fast. I don’t want to hold much fork coins for now to discourage this kind of things.

I have no enough bitcoin left and I’m saving now for that. Investing will be needed but on the minimum only, I can’t afford to bought more than 1000$ worth of bitcoin.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:06:05 PM

Thanks for this info, i thought it was canceled, maybe its the reason why it dumps then easily increase in just a day, many whales will buy some for bitcoingold.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:41:25 AM

No man 20k must be achieved at the end of 2k17 and after that golden time will be started and 5ok will take so much time to come so wait for the desired prices to struck and then cash out your money and after that there will be profit everywhere and there will be no fork in the future because bitcoin is now unstoppable so wait and watch what is coming for you, you will feel blessed as well so see the market.
No it is not possible to touch 50 k in the next year. This is because the community itself has a clash about the price fluctuation matters. There are some important sites such as the coinbase and others that do support the dump and hence being the largest sites of investments, the prices do get down.

The value of more than 10k dollars is expected to be attained at the end of this year and it is now becoming more obvious after a fork due to the decrement up to 6k dollars.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:29:35 AM

Hi guys,

My strategy is simple, exchange my bitcoin into currency, wait and see and take action again. I don't want to think ( analyze ) so hard with this issue, I want invest/ trade with calm and comfortable. If there's news/ issue about real market I'll leave it and focus with another way to make money. Just like that and it's work for me. Keep faith about bitcoin as passive income and alternative payment, good luck to you. 

LuciferMorningstar

Activity: 124

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:41:13 AM

The fork is cancelled but there someone stirs up rumours about it will going.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:52:40 PM

Bitcoin price drops after this segwit cancellation. If you sell now you lose your money. Yes holding is the best these days to save your funds.
Definitely yes. There is no other way of remaining safe from all the upcoming forks than that of holding the coins which you are already having in your wallets. In addition to this, one more thing which can help you in making a good amount of profit is that you can go for buying of more number of bitcoins at that time. This will help you in having more bitcoins and that too at less price.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:12:17 AM

Buy more and more bitcoins and hold it until the upcoming Bitcoin hardfork ends. You can get much in the hardfork if you have plenty of bitcoins in your wallet.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
cicciobtc
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:41:43 AM

Hi guys,

I before changing or trading the coins obtained through forks I prefer to wait (risking) to understand their true value.
For example, many thought that bitcoin cash would not have long life and they sold it immediately but then the bitcoin cash also reached 1/5 of the value of the btc.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:49:08 AM

Hi guys,

I before changing or trading the coins obtained through forks I prefer to wait (risking) to understand their true value.
For example, many thought that bitcoin cash would not have long life and they sold it immediately but then the bitcoin cash also reached 1/5 of the value of the btc.

That's indeed the best way to do. I was one of the many who sold all the bitcoin cash immediatly after it was available to trade and sold everyhting at 300$. Buy waiting longer, the risk is higher as no one can predict what the future will bring for this forks. Had the segwit 2x hard fork happened back in November, than I don't think that the bitcoin cash price would be so high.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cicciobtc
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:44:53 PM

Hi guys,

That's indeed the best way to do. I was one of the many who sold all the bitcoin cash immediatly after it was available to trade and sold everyhting at 300$. Buy waiting longer, the risk is higher as no one can predict what the future will bring for this forks. Had the segwit 2x hard fork happened back in November, than I don't think that the bitcoin cash price would be so high.

exactly, waiting a little more time you could sell it at a value of 10x higher.
to limit the risk it is possible to change 25% or 33% immediately, and hold the remaining part!

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀