Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:54:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy for upcoming BTC fork?  (Read 1130 times)
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:12:41 AM

I think Bitcoin Cash will win.
Yeah, no fork make bitcoin cash become new king. I susprise with it rising.

Nope Bitcoin Cash will never be,
why ? because it was not Bitcoin but instead it was the Alternative Coin.
indeed they declared it about suspended the segwit2x,
but it does not mean it will not in the future,right ? the reason behind their move a day ago because of the community themself.
with fork Bitcoin gained a lot of Pros and Cons,what will happen if Bitcoin supporter divided into 2 group if they keep forcing it ?
they're making move for a long term project,
we need it because it will help the network,but right now it's not a good time to do it because of the differences in Bitcoin users opinion.
just becareful with your thing so called 'New King' in a few weeks later on,
you can lose all of your money in a second if you do not your own research properly.

Every one was thinking the same about bitcoin cash some days back till SegWit2x is not cancelled and now no other hardfork is their to compete with bitcoin cash so i think the minners will support bitcoin cash due to big block size, due to that low transaction fees and fast confirmation in transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:52:51 AM

so the whole purpouse of these forks that have been coming and going is to encourge more and more poeple to strat mining bitcoin cash and that is by making its minig eaiser that the bitcoin, and this is to secure its blockchain, even tho at first poepel were not comftorbale with it, but they started using it as an alternative coin mining it and exchanging it to bitcoin, i don't think that the case will last, probably by the end of the year things will go back the same, but we are not going to see bitcoin going to 10k, so holding will be the best option here.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:41:57 AM

There is no basic strategy to use for such forks . The only thing I know so far is that you need to own as much btc as possible in your wallet of which you have the private key in order to get benefits of the fork.

Basically when Bitcoin splits we get an option to claim the same number of Bitcoins we own in the form of the new coin that was created after the split. Like if you own say 0.5 btc you get 0.5 bch as well at the time of split.

And about the fall of prices , they will definitely fall now but then there as estimates which say that Bitcoin has the potential to reach 50k USD by the end of 2k18. So it's better to just ignore the facts about the fork let it go with the flow.

Woooow 50k in the en 2k18??  Shocked Shocked Ive read somewhere that we finish this 2k17 with BTC at 10K... Hope you are right for the next year! Grin

Anyway... Someone knows if Bitfinex supports this fork? o I have to put my BTC in my electrum wallet or another? Thanks!
No man 20k must be achieved at the end of 2k17 and after that golden time will be started and 5ok will take so much time to come so wait for the desired prices to struck and then cash out your money and after that there will be profit everywhere and there will be no fork in the future because bitcoin is now unstoppable so wait and watch what is coming for you, you will feel blessed as well so see the market.
lichao1395427

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:07:53 AM

Btc2x or Segwit2x is a coin that might be created this coming November 16th fork. Obviously it is not yet available and can’t be trade in time. All I have to do is stop everything and HODLing before and after that day to have free coins that I will dumped seriously fast. I don’t want to hold much fork coins for now to discourage this kind of things.

I have no enough bitcoin left and I’m saving now for that. Investing will be needed but on the minimum only, I can’t afford to bought more than 1000$ worth of bitcoin.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:06:05 PM

Btc2x or Segwit2x is a coin that might be created this coming November 16th fork. Obviously it is not yet available and can’t be trade in time. All I have to do is stop everything and HODLing before and after that day to have free coins that I will dumped seriously fast. I don’t want to hold much fork coins for now to discourage this kind of things.

I have no enough bitcoin left and I’m saving now for that. Investing will be needed but on the minimum only, I can’t afford to bought more than 1000$ worth of bitcoin.
Thanks for this info, i thought it was canceled, maybe its the reason why it dumps then easily increase in just a day, many whales will buy some for bitcoingold.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:41:25 AM

There is no basic strategy to use for such forks . The only thing I know so far is that you need to own as much btc as possible in your wallet of which you have the private key in order to get benefits of the fork.

Basically when Bitcoin splits we get an option to claim the same number of Bitcoins we own in the form of the new coin that was created after the split. Like if you own say 0.5 btc you get 0.5 bch as well at the time of split.

And about the fall of prices , they will definitely fall now but then there as estimates which say that Bitcoin has the potential to reach 50k USD by the end of 2k18. So it's better to just ignore the facts about the fork let it go with the flow.

Woooow 50k in the en 2k18??  Shocked Shocked Ive read somewhere that we finish this 2k17 with BTC at 10K... Hope you are right for the next year! Grin

Anyway... Someone knows if Bitfinex supports this fork? o I have to put my BTC in my electrum wallet or another? Thanks!
No man 20k must be achieved at the end of 2k17 and after that golden time will be started and 5ok will take so much time to come so wait for the desired prices to struck and then cash out your money and after that there will be profit everywhere and there will be no fork in the future because bitcoin is now unstoppable so wait and watch what is coming for you, you will feel blessed as well so see the market.
No it is not possible to touch 50 k in the next year. This is because the community itself has a clash about the price fluctuation matters. There are some important sites such as the coinbase and others that do support the dump and hence being the largest sites of investments, the prices do get down.

The value of more than 10k dollars is expected to be attained at the end of this year and it is now becoming more obvious after a fork due to the decrement up to 6k dollars.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:29:35 AM

Hi guys,

new here, been reading a lot of tips & tricks and learning a lot from all you guys so thank you for that already!  Grin

About the upcoming Segwit2X BTC fork I was wondering what trading strategy you are considering. Given the past two forks of BCH and BTG, I assume:
1. The overpriced BTC goes immediately down after the fork and settles at near the 5k area (just an estimate).
2. The value from BTC flows mostly and directly to the altcoins.

As there is no way to accurately predict when block 494,784 is mined, there is a good chance some of us are sleeping (as I was during the BTG fork) while all this action takes place.
From logical perspective, I'd want to move my BTC to e.g. LTC/XRP/IOTA/.... almost instantly after the fork. Hereby I take my gains from BTC while also profiting from the increase in altcoin values. In a later stage, I will use the surplus from the alts so re-invest in BTC and end up with more than I have right now. However, as I will likely have most my BTC on my ledger and exchanges do not support consequential trade orders (e.g. (1) sell BTC, (2) buy XXX etc), this might prove difficult. Undecided

So.. What strategy will you be using?  Huh

My strategy is simple, exchange my bitcoin into currency, wait and see and take action again. I don't want to think ( analyze ) so hard with this issue, I want invest/ trade with calm and comfortable. If there's news/ issue about real market I'll leave it and focus with another way to make money. Just like that and it's work for me. Keep faith about bitcoin as passive income and alternative payment, good luck to you. 

LuciferMorningstar

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:41:13 AM

The fork is cancelled but there someone stirs up rumours about it will going.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:52:40 PM

The best strategy you could have for the upcoming BTC fork is to just hold your bitcoins and let them gain more value after people realize SegWit2X is just another forkcoin and has no real long term value, other than the short term speculative value it can provide. I'll be holding my coins with my Samourai wallet though as they'll have fork detection, coin-splitting, and an auto-dump feature.
As far as biotin are concerned, yes I am on the side of holding. Day trading helps you a lot but that consume your much energy and time. Plus you have to sit before the screen and the whole day you are just calculating everything, every time.

So need is to save your time and energy, putting in some other fantastic work. So only holding can help you in this regard with incredible results.
Bitcoin price drops after this segwit cancellation. If you sell now you lose your money. Yes holding is the best these days to save your funds.
Definitely yes. There is no other way of remaining safe from all the upcoming forks than that of holding the coins which you are already having in your wallets. In addition to this, one more thing which can help you in making a good amount of profit is that you can go for buying of more number of bitcoins at that time. This will help you in having more bitcoins and that too at less price.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:12:17 AM

Buy more and more bitcoins and hold it until the upcoming Bitcoin hardfork ends. You can get much in the hardfork if you have plenty of bitcoins in your wallet.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
cicciobtc
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:41:43 AM

Hi guys,

new here, been reading a lot of tips & tricks and learning a lot from all you guys so thank you for that already!  Grin

About the upcoming Segwit2X BTC fork I was wondering what trading strategy you are considering. Given the past two forks of BCH and BTG, I assume:
1. The overpriced BTC goes immediately down after the fork and settles at near the 5k area (just an estimate).

As there is no way to accurately predict when block 494,784 is mined, there is a good chance some of us are sleeping (as I was during the BTG fork) while all this action takes place.
From logical perspective, I'd want to move my BTC to e.g. LTC/XRP/IOTA/.... almost instantly after the fork. Hereby I take my gains from BTC while also profiting from the increase in altcoin values. In a later stage, I will use the surplus from the alts so re-invest in BTC and end up with more than I have right now. However, as I will likely have most my BTC on my ledger and exchanges do not support consequential trade orders (e.g. (1) sell BTC, (2) buy XXX etc), this might prove difficult. Undecided

I before changing or trading the coins obtained through forks I prefer to wait (risking) to understand their true value.
For example, many thought that bitcoin cash would not have long life and they sold it immediately but then the bitcoin cash also reached 1/5 of the value of the btc.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:49:08 AM

Hi guys,

I before changing or trading the coins obtained through forks I prefer to wait (risking) to understand their true value.
For example, many thought that bitcoin cash would not have long life and they sold it immediately but then the bitcoin cash also reached 1/5 of the value of the btc.

That's indeed the best way to do. I was one of the many who sold all the bitcoin cash immediatly after it was available to trade and sold everyhting at 300$. Buy waiting longer, the risk is higher as no one can predict what the future will bring for this forks. Had the segwit 2x hard fork happened back in November, than I don't think that the bitcoin cash price would be so high.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cicciobtc
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:44:53 PM

Hi guys,

That's indeed the best way to do. I was one of the many who sold all the bitcoin cash immediatly after it was available to trade and sold everyhting at 300$. Buy waiting longer, the risk is higher as no one can predict what the future will bring for this forks. Had the segwit 2x hard fork happened back in November, than I don't think that the bitcoin cash price would be so high.

exactly, waiting a little more time you could sell it at a value of 10x higher.
to limit the risk it is possible to change 25% or 33% immediately, and hold the remaining part!

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀