Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: London's Bitcoin pub - posted today on wired.co.uk  (Read 1120 times)
ft73 (OP)

Activity: 564
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:42:58 PM

See:
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-06/17/london-bitcoin-pub
bitcoinchecker

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Provider of Bitcoin products and services

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 01:47:11 PM

The Pembury Tavern is the venue of our next meet-up on Sunday 23rd June

The meet-ups are always good, but now we have the novelty of being able to buy beer with Bitcoin.

Great stuff.

Quality Bitcoin T-shirts for sale http://thevillageidiotme.ipage.com/shop.html
kiko

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:39:05 PM

Wow, 8% Conversion fee! That's a cup of cold water on what should be one of bitcoin's core advantages; (that of avoiding credit card fees). He's more of a business man than a programmer all right!
Bogdan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:46:25 PM

Good to see the bitcoin economy expanding to bars.
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:04:38 PM

we need to get more people in the US to start doing this with their bars, i would definitely go to them if they existed in Miami, FL.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4498

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:07:20 PM

i have an idea to reduce fee's for UK pub's which is still in development. but at the moment the important thing is that pubs get 100% fiat return + extra.

compared to credit/debit cards which leaves them at a loss.

yes its at a cost of a little extra bitcoin to customers. but then again with bitcoin UK being early days still. its the convenience that matters.

atleast we are not paying 10,000btc for 2 pizza's. so its not that bad. but things will get better

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitcoinchecker

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Provider of Bitcoin products and services

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 08:28:48 PM

i have an idea to reduce fee's for UK pub's which is still in development. but at the moment the important thing is that pubs get 100% fiat return + extra.

yes its at a cost of a little extra bitcoin to customers. but then again with bitcoin UK being early days still. its the convenience that matters.

atleast we are not paying 10,000btc for 2 pizza's. so its not that bad. but things will get better

The key to this is getting the pubs' suppliers to accept Bitcoin.

And that is also the hard part

Quality Bitcoin T-shirts for sale http://thevillageidiotme.ipage.com/shop.html
iTrader

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 10:10:00 PM

I am so moving to london!

Hahaha imagine all the people who mined shitloads ages ago? - Here come the Bit-Alckys lol
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4498

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:58:15 PM

The key to this is getting the pubs' suppliers to accept Bitcoin.

And that is also the hard part

in a few pubs down in the area i reside their supplier is greenkingIPA which is on my contacts list. but for a short term goal making it easier for pubs to get their pound coins is stage one.. world domination takes alot longer

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: