Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 51% attack on all altcoins since Feathercoin happening.  (Read 10921 times)
icyak

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:22:29 AM

Hate to call you a looser but I am anyways. Hope you enjoy watching yourself kill other peoples money.... May the same happen on your end.

Then you wonder why Cryptos will never catch on. Small miners WILL NEVER mine, then you lose a majority of your base, and when that happens the retailers give you the middle finger. If its not accepted by the community, retailers will follow suit.

BTW you say that lots of people have more than x amount of GPUs... only here that do mining. These are not the people you need... you need to normal people.

Will the same happen to bitcoin?

Probably not, bitcoin is still getting more public and accepted. But people outside crypto business will still talk about bitcoin like about money, they will not divide crypto currencies into DGC, BBQ, NMC and so...
btcrich

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:10:29 AM

No, it would be a phenomenal achievement to successfully perform a 51% attack on either Bitcoin or Litecoin.  The amount of computing power required to do that is immense and would costs millions and millions of dollars to achieve.

It was confirmed by Cryptsy now that Powercoin was in fact attacked.  I suspect we will see many more of these attacks on all these copy coins...they're just nowhere near being secure.
silebe

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:27:35 AM

Thanks for sharing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: