Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs Are Biggest Scam Ever  (Read 663 times)
otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:45:01 PM

I initially thought the poster is the one making this assertion. Nevertheless, whoever the jordan belfort is might need to look at the reason and energy underlined ICO. New project usually source for funding which they may not get from traditional banking. So they turn to crowdfunding and ICO.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:29:47 PM

No you're wrong, don't just make it in general because there is still trusted ICO's today. Maybe you have experience of being scam before that's why you said this. Don't just lost your hope, instead you just move on and open your mind for another chance and opportunities.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:37:29 PM

Infamous penny-stockbroker Jordan Belfort, better known as the ‘Wolf of Wall Street,’ has reaffirmed his claim that initial coin offerings (ICOs) are “the biggest scam ever.” Earlier this year, he claimed that Bitcoin is a fraud.
ICOs have become popular to investors worldwide over the past year due to their high returns for early investors. Recently, signs have emerged that some ICOs might just be too good to be true.

Let's separate those statements as one to be calling out Bitcoin and the other one as calling out the altcoins to be a scam. Pretty sure he would be regretting his statement about Bitcoin as it is reaching all time heighs very often. Altcoins and ICOs on the other hand, are proving to be really bad investments and dropping down in value on every turn. Wouldn't be surprised if he had big investments in few ICOs and a backlash there is the eventuality of this statement coming out.
rayjellanajao

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Strategist

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 02:46:58 PM

Yeah maybe almost every ICO's are scam, but it's just almost, there's always some ICO's that is not a scam.  All we need is a good judgement and we also need to study about the ICO we're joining that should reduce the chance that we will get scammed.
skullsandbones

Activity: 222

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:48:15 PM

Some ICO's are legit, a small % and there's another small % that are legit but don't seem to work out in the long run due to insufficient resources. Not ALL ICO's are scams and this has been proven over time!
DEWWA_BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:36:43 AM

No you're wrong, don't just make it in general because there is still trusted ICO's today. Maybe you have experience of being scam before that's why you said this. Don't just lost your hope, instead you just move on and open your mind for another chance and opportunities.

yes you're guys, Im a victim of ICO.for example NAMETOKEN ICO.
after more than one month the ICO ends, Nametoken developer are silent and run away with our money.
I think ICO has big risk.
laguseklik

Activity: 254

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:38:53 AM

not all of them are scam, I can say it about 50:50 between scam and trusted...

Oops, there is no signature...
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:54:59 AM

Yeah, i think even Vitalik said that pretty much 90%+ of ICOs are pretty much just scams.. so what do you expect Wink

:]
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:00:29 AM

Yeah, i think even Vitalik said that pretty much 90%+ of ICOs are pretty much just scams.. so what do you expect Wink
according to my experience i don't think so that mostly ICO's are scam but according to my opinion mostly ICO's are trusted there are only some ICO's which are not trusted and with addition to this i think you have interaction with non trusted ICO'S you should need experience so that you can identify trusted ICO's.
madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:05:10 AM

If your thread title is a statement then my opinion would be to disagree! Not ALL ICO's are Scams. Be cautious and do research before choosing any ICO to invest in!
KipKoolCrypto

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:07:33 AM

Obviously the poster has had a bad experience with getting scammed himself so he is bitter. Just invest in projects which have a lot of backing and research them first because thats how you know what is a scam and what is actually a good project.
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:08:08 AM

No they are not all scams, some of them are real and are their to benefit the community.
If someone decides to scam you and you fall into the trap, then you should take that as a lesson and never let it happen again in the future. It is true, many ICO's just want your money but their is small group of ICO's that want to help too!
vfalla

Activity: 95

BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:08:33 AM

It doesnt necessarily mean so. Many of the ICO's are maybe scam. But some of them will change the world we know it. you will agree I belive

Aceanyth

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:10:49 AM

LOL they are not scam some have good ideas and has a lot of support. You get the coins they are promising but the price maybe be different. I have never seen a ico didn't pay out me.

They are always paying but sometimes the price is different then what they have told us.
Proxik

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:16:24 AM

The stockmarkets are a scam too and Jorden is a criminal!
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:29:46 AM

Infamous penny-stockbroker Jordan Belfort, better known as the ‘Wolf of Wall Street,’ has reaffirmed his claim that initial coin offerings (ICOs) are “the biggest scam ever.” Earlier this year, he claimed that Bitcoin is a fraud.
ICOs have become popular to investors worldwide over the past year due to their high returns for early investors. Recently, signs have emerged that some ICOs might just be too good to be true.
I am not agree that ico is a biggest scammer, also bitcoin is not involve in icos they used ethereum for their project. There are more legit icos whose giving huge income to those investors after their successful projects. I think your information is wrong because you said that bitcoin was used in scam ico which no one used bitcoin for their pre sale.
Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:40:27 AM

Not all ICO are scam. In fact, lot of ICO investors and participants are already earning in which I'm one of them. But we still to be honest and admit that there are lot of ICO's are not legit that is why we need to support bitcoin and digital currencies regulation policy so that the government could now control and determine the scam ICO so that they could not participate in any investments. About bitcoin is a scam, we already knew and already proven that bitcoin is not a scam but the ICO and the sites that using bitcoin for investment in which some are HYIP and Ponzi scheme.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
wordspavovv

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:44:52 AM

No Are Not! How is possible people in crypto world who suppose to know what an ICO is believe that bullshits. ICOs the real ones are the best way to invest to a company or idea, are the new IPOs with out the government gets its shares from your profits!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:51:59 AM

One of Crete's own prophets has said it: "Cretans are always liars". That said by the prophete, Cretan himself, who knows his brothers best, must be a true statement, doesn't it ? Cheesy

I wouldn't read too much into what Mr Belfort said or sais, even if it based on his experience of being a freudster
LydiaBob

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:30:31 AM

Like with any investment you should be careful where you put your money on. This is just Mr Belfort personal opinion. Other than that, you should make your own research before investing into any ICO. Maybe most of them are scam so make a better research
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: