Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PWC is killed by 51% attack  (Read 4328 times)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:32:29 PM

Plus I expect the hash power to hit 30Gh in the next two months with the ASICs finally shipping.

lol that was funny.  what would the difficult by on LTC if it was running a 30Gh network?  How much would LTC need to appreciate by just so miners could break even on it?
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:56:24 PM

I can see this coin is still alive and fine, not dead at all.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
jasonslow

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:23:51 AM

Looks like pwc is back on trading now.
Badabing

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:10:57 AM

Just to inform everybody , Big Vern found nothing wrong with pwc and powercoin is back on trading on Cryptsy now.
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:37:56 AM

Nothing is wrong with PWC. Clear FUD and attention seeking from an individual.
jasonslow

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:40:47 AM

Nothing is wrong with PWC. Clear FUD and attention seeking from an individual.

@powercoin guys

Is there a block explorer anywhere, it would be quite useful.

Have you guys noticed your hashrate has went from about 2.9 to 5.3 5.6 in the past few minutes and is climbing with each block?

Just a casual observation.

~BCX~

Why would anyone interested in attacking powercoin? Does powercoin a threat to litecoin and powercoin? Does powercoin does anything wrong to you? Its no honor attacking powercoin you are like 500 pound wrestler attacking 1 month infant.

Bogdan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:07:05 AM

we could learn from this to further the safety of other coins - namely BTC, LTC and PPC, which are so far only currencies which make any sense
Yeah pretty much.
arlington

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:27:21 AM

resumed trading at cryptsy, so it was not 51% killed.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:53:23 AM

Say bye bye to normal miners. I have not mined shit because honestly a person with only one card aint gonna waste the time to get a return of 30 bucks a month.

Then cryptos stall. Enjoy your circle jerk trading among yourselves.

Brewcrew all that will happen is the market  will split , individual with smaller interests will trend towards new innovations , if they stay in the Cryptocurrency game , the large investors will be taking more and more risk , as the individuals seek to find an equitable base .

Funny. Isn't this life? Doesn't the old guard erect barriers around their world, passing laws and taxes and launching wars to keep the status quo - the world they worked so hard to build and treasure?

Doesn't it always fall to the younger generation to find the disruptive technology to unseat the old guard?

I just found it amusing how life imitates life.

+1

ha ha chasing after their precious little Bitcoins - all the while 80% of them (I know some do Wink  ) not understanding that all the words wealth is caught up in a system of which many many indicators are showing signs that would/should alarm many many people ,  but , then, when you have such a backward view and no understanding of basic economics , what should we expect?

in case the news hasn't gotten out the market is infinitely big enough for lots of Cryptocurrency - 

so here is the kicker :  (wait for it)

attackers only normally attack when at their weakest, so now than i have educated you about the basics of economics,  and you understand that the market for Crypto is very large - now when you view these attacks - how do they end up making the BTC market look ?

weak and prone to failure ? , due to centralization and corruption ?

I'm not making that statement , I'm just giving you information .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 10:06:22 AM

wow all these new accounts commenting on here , that seem to be so educated about all things Cryptocurrency  ha ha   ; )

its great to see all this involvement from all these newbie ! lol

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
sterob

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:32:37 AM

lol at all the scammers in this forum trying to dumb down a coin value. Today is zomg PWC 51% sell sell sell, tmr is ZOMG DGC 51% sell sell sell. May be next week, ZOMG LTC 51%.   

Alt coin are made to divide the hash power to the diff on BTC and LTC wont skyrocketed while price is still low. Yet scammer are trying to get some quick buck and kill off the whole crypto including btc and ltc.

pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:07:25 AM

Meh, it was so close.
It would be so nice to see one of this shit coins getting killed in 51% attack.
Hope all you morons are aware that you are actually pumping out money from BTC and LTC economy, everytime you create another useless coin
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:30:13 AM

Meh, it was so close.
It would be so nice to see one of this shit coins getting killed in 51% attack.
Hope all you morons are aware that you are actually pumping out money from BTC and LTC economy, everytime you create another useless coin

I hope we continue to pull BTC and LTC down like you think. and when the attacks do occur I cant wait for the 6GHashs processing shit coins to move to and LTC to kill mining over there.  Think your plans at least 2 steps ahead moron.
larem

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:35:32 AM

Altcoin = scam.

Only BTC and LTC might (eventually) not fail (for a short period of time)

So BTC and LTC is as good as we are ever going to get?  No more innovation in the crypto-world?  That is kind of depressing.

I disagree with that. There will always be innovation. The issue with some of these coins is that the owners apparently created them solely to do a quick pump-n-dump to earn quick cash and move on.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 11:41:09 AM

Altcoin = scam.

So BTC and LTC is as good as we are ever going to get?  No more innovation in the crypto-world?  That is kind of depressing.

I disagree with that. There will always be innovation. The issue with some of these coins is that the owners apparently created them solely to do a quick pump-n-dump to earn quick cash and move on.

that's of course completely true , but if miners mine them and are left holding the bag , that's the market as well.

attacking something is just really honestly going to harm the attackers interests long term. - i promise that .

except if they literally have no interests - in which case , it is what it is.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
larem

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:54:24 AM

Altcoin = scam.

that's of course completely true , but if miners mine them and are left holding the bag , that's the market as well.

attacking something is just really honestly going to harm the attackers interests long term. - i promise that .

except if they literally have no interests - in which case , it is what it is.

I think some attackers do it just because they want to show off; I'm sure some don't even care about cryptos, and it's a way to be a bully and show "power" by exploiting systems.

frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:37:59 PM

wow all these new accounts commenting on here , that seem to be so educated about all things Cryptocurrency  ha ha   ; )

says some thread spammer with a 3 month old account
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:49:04 PM

He does not "says", he defecate. The only thing an illiterate ignorant can do. Maybe some day he will learn how to write, or talk.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 01:56:14 PM

He does not "says", he defecate. The only thing an illiterate ignorant can do. Maybe some day he will learn how to write, or talk.

Cry

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 02:43:00 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 02:50:35 PM by markm

Also NMC is a currency that makes sense just for DNS if you forgot that.

Not just for DNS. it is also one of the methods you can use for a top level identity behind Open Transactions nyms, so you can change nyms, retire nyms and so on while still having a secure basis of identity behind them all showing they are all controlled by the same namecoin address.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: