Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet Speed  (Read 1036 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:03:00 PM

Ok pro miners, what about hashrates? Why when you see your's speed on the zec pool and it's look like 1.8ksol from 1 rig, but when you see your speed in miner and it's 2.3 ksol? I think internet speed has the meaning and don't forget about ping from your's rig to pool.

Pool hashrate is calculated from shares found, which VARY.
 This is not an "internet speed" issue, though it might be an "internet LATENCY" issue if you have something like a Sat connection.

Mining does NOT use a lot of data bandwidth - my junk Virgin Mobile 3G cell connection had more than enough bandwidth to handle several miners, even though it rarely saw much more than 200kbps on a GOOD night.

Static IP doesn't matter unless you're running a pool you want folks to be able to use from outside your LAN.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:02:58 PM

This is not an "internet speed" issue, though it might be an "internet LATENCY" issue if you have something like a Sat connection.

Mining does NOT use a lot of data bandwidth - my junk Virgin Mobile 3G cell connection had more than enough bandwidth to handle several miners, even though it rarely saw much more than 200kbps on a GOOD night.

Static IP doesn't matter unless you're running a pool you want folks to be able to use from outside your LAN.

I understand you, but why I have this big speed difference between flypool and my miners? I have 4g "mobile" internet now. What is the correct speed? On the pool or in the miner?
Anonym1337x

Activity: 285
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 11:06:14 PM

You don't need good internet connection , since its about your hardware.
I have like 2Mbit/sec (VERY BAD) internet speed but i can mine like my friend with 1Gbit/sec lol

Check out my Shoppy | BUY HOTELS.COM 750GBP GIFT CARD FOR 5% PRICE!
https://shoppy.gg/@HotelVouchs
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:14:54 PM

Ok pro miners, what about hashrates? Why when you see your's speed on the zec pool and it's look like 1.8ksol from 1 rig, but when you see your speed in miner and it's 2.3 ksol? I think internet speed has the meaning and don't forget about ping from your's rig to pool.

But what happens in a scenario where you install like 1000 miners on that 10 mbps network? Usually the download speed is way more than upload. Do you know which one matters when you have miners in 1000's? Thanks.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:06:30 PM

1000s of miners, you're probably going to need something higher end than dial-up equivilent - but I've never been anywhere near that level.

I SUSPECT 10 Megabit would be enough - but would not be shocked if you need closer to 100.
 I believe you would likely need more upload speed, but that it would depend on how many shares you send back TO the pool vs how many new blocks it sends to each miner.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Pa1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:37:14 PM

Important issue is not internet speed. There is only big issue is that continuous strong internet during mining.

Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:42:40 PM

I a friend of mine mined on mobile internet connection whit no problem (1 mbps). Only thing you have to look for is 24/7 to be online whit no interrupts. The speed doesn't matter.

So we just need a stable connection, right ?
then what happens if when we sleep, there is an interruption on our connection or for example the unexpected is the power outages

whether it will greatly affect our hardware mining ?

BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:28:52 PM

I a friend of mine mined on mobile internet connection whit no problem (1 mbps). Only thing you have to look for is 24/7 to be online whit no interrupts. The speed doesn't matter.

So we just need a stable connection, right ?
then what happens if when we sleep, there is an interruption on our connection or for example the unexpected is the power outages

whether it will greatly affect our hardware mining ?

That is why you need 2 internet connections. One for back up and the other as primary.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:50:52 PM

If you're running a big operation, a second connection as a backup makes sense.
Most ISPs are stable enough for small operations.

Only time I lose Net at this point is if my POWER goes down, as the panel I connect into for my Net access runs from building power - so a backup connection doesn't help me much if at all.

If your net or power goes down when you're asleep, it's not going to be a big deal if you set up your miners to start back up when power comes up.
 Usually that's a setting in the motherboard BIOS for a GPU rig, and it seems to be the default for most or all ASIC stand-alone miners.

jdole

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:45:15 AM

Internet speed doesn't affect your mining as far as know. Correct me if im wrong.
Your mining rig capabilty is which matters the most because this is where all process are done. Internet speed may not affect your mining. Base on my research, you can still mine even if your internet speed is 128 kbps to keep your mining going. Even on bandwidth,  mining doesnt really use huge bandwidth. But  your internet connection should be stable. You don't really need a very fast internet connection to mine. Fast internet connection will be worthless if it's not stable.

I did not know that internet speed is not a factor in mining.  I have a image mining is speed is most important so connection speed need it.thanks good infomation and I will study mining.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: