Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:24:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need loan of 0.5BTC I'll Pay 1BTC in 45days-Team member of a respected Altcoin  (Read 512 times)
Lovelost1 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:37:48 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 05:45:04 PM by Lovelost1

Hello Everyone, I am not a newbie. I needed to create another account to protect my identity and our project. Please Mods there's no need to give me a negative rating, please read on.

I am the Marketing Director of a respected altcoin project that has been up and running for the past 6months. We are already on the exchange. I was given 3BTC to pay for the listing of our cryptocurrency on an exchange when our project manager was on leave, and I lost the entire money to a copy and paste virus, which I had no idea had entered my computer. I have since replaced my computer. All of this happened in the last 36 hours.

I have accepted this loss as my responsibility and I'm trying to put together the money myself. I have been able to come up with 2.2 Btc and I am short 0.8 Btc. This is why I need the loan. I am yet to inform our CEO about the loss as I wanted tell our CEO after I have the completed money back to 3BTC.

Why do I need this loan if I have access to an altcoin that has value? The Members of our Team are only allowed to sell our tokens after 6 months from the ICO. Hence I am literally unable to touch mine.

I am okay with accepting the payment via paypal, paid directly to one of the company's official paypal accounts.

The terms of this is that:

-  once I confirm a person who I'm confortable with collecting this loan from, I will send you a private message from my official handle. My pictures and my contacts information are all here on this site and in public.

- Given the importance of this transaction to our project I can not accept everyone. Our community is very large and a lot of people have invested in our project, and an information like this could spread FUD and hurt our trading price and our project.

- As explained I am unable to touch my tokens for now, but once you get to know me, I'm very certain you would be comfortable with giving me a loan as I am very credit worthy. I most definitely would be paying much earlier but 45 days is safer bet for me to put in here. I get paid salaries amd that's where I'm looking to pay back from.

So, for me to accept your loan I will first look through your past posts to make sure you are a gentleman who does not have a history of derailing or demeaning people/projects without a cause and you would not want to hurt our project with the information I have put in here.

SO THAT MEANS THAT I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING THIS LOAN FROM A NEWBIE or account that does not have a long history of posting opinions on the forum.

I am also seeking this loan from friends, family and associates, if anyone else provides me with the loan before someone from here does, I will update the thread to that effect.

Looking forward hearing from good people who would like to have their btc double by a very reliable credit worthy person.

UPDATE I'VE BEEN ABLE TO RAISE 0.3BTC, so I only need 0.5BTC now and I'll pay 1 Btc in 45 days
Lovelost1 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:47:01 PM

reserved.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:06:59 PM

Can you provide collateral in the form of the altcoin you represent?
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:15:32 PM

I would be interested too if you would be putting collateral of the altcoin you indeed represent and after I verify your identity.

I will, of course need 120% worth of collateral, but I do hope you are really from a "respected Altcoin." People just throw those words pretty lightly these days and claim their coin is worth something. But let's see. Send me too a PM.
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:16:26 PM

I was given 3BTC to pay for the listing of our cryptocurrency on an exchange when our project manager was on leave, and I lost the entire money to a copy and paste virus

I have accepted this loss as my responsibility and I'm trying to put together the money myself. I have been able to come up with 2.2 Btc

Will you show that transaction in which you sent money(3 BTC to someone) and will you sign that bitcoin address which has the 2.2 BTC in it?

After posting these things people will take you seriously otherwise they think it is another scam attempt from a newbie.
Lovelost1 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:58:46 PM

I was given 3BTC to pay for the listing of our cryptocurrency on an exchange when our project manager was on leave, and I lost the entire money to a copy and paste virus

I have accepted this loss as my responsibility and I'm trying to put together the money myself. I have been able to come up with 2.2 Btc

Will you show that transaction in which you sent money(3 BTC to someone) and will you sign that bitcoin address which has the 2.2 BTC in it?

After posting these things people will take you seriously otherwise they think it is another scam attempt from a newbie.

Hey, thank you very much being interested, that brings hope. I read a bit of your posts and I can't do this with you. But again thank you for being interested.

To answer your question, I will be doing everything in my power to vindicate myself and make whoever I decide to pick be comfortable with providing the loan.
Lovelost1 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:05:51 PM

Hello, thank  you for being interested. I looked at your comments and I'm comfortable doing this with you. As said in the intro, we are not allowed to our tokens until 6 months from now which is in 3 months. That was signed and agreed from the beginning.

I forgot to state in the introduction that I'm also okay with paypal payments. Yes the paypal payments can also be made directly to the company's official paypal account. And it will be cleared to me.

I know someone in person who's willing to exchange my paypal funds for bitcoins, but won't loan me. I'm still searching anyways.

I could sign a lawyer's agreement that certain amount of our tokens be paid to you, should I be unable to payback the loan. Since this can also be a paypal payment, payable to company's official paypal account, you are technically covered.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:10:45 PM

Hello, thank  you for being interested. I looked at your comments and I'm comfortable doing this with you. As said in the intro, we are not allowed to our tokens until 6 months from now which is in 3 months. That was signed and agreed from the beginning.

I forgot to state in the introduction that I'm also okay with paypal payments. Yes the paypal payments can also be made directly to the company's official paypal account.

I know someone in person who's willing to exchange my paypal funds for bitcoins, but won't loan me. I'm still searching anyways.

I could sign a lawyer's agreement that certain amount of our tokens be paid to you, should I be unable to payback the loan. Since this can also be a paypal payment, payable to company's official paypal account, you are technically covered.

You might want to update your thread title saying you accept Paypal, this will massively improve your odds of getting a loan, as Paypal can protect both sides of the transaction. Since it is payable to the company account, this also improves your credibility. All of this is, of course, contingent on you representing a respectable altcoin.
Lovelost1 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:29:02 PM

Hello, thank  you for being interested. I looked at your comments and I'm comfortable doing this with you. As said in the intro, we are not allowed to our tokens until 6 months from now which is in 3 months. That was signed and agreed from the beginning.

I forgot to state in the introduction that I'm also okay with paypal payments. Yes the paypal payments can also be made directly to the company's official paypal account.

You might want to update your thread title saying you accept Paypal, this will massively improve your odds of getting a loan, as Paypal can protect both sides of the transaction. Since it is payable to the company account, this also improves your credibility. All of this is, of course, contingent on you representing a respectable altcoin.

Thank you, I have already updated that.
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 05:37:48 PM

I could sign a lawyer's agreement that certain amount of our tokens be paid to you, should I be unable to payback the loan.

That's not very reassuring, because if you, a team member with a large stake, are unable to pay this loan back, then that has grim implications about what the value of the token ends up being in that scenario.
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:31:57 PM

From what OP has said in this thread, the altcoin he is representing is not "respected" nor is something that can guarantee payment since,

As said in the intro, we are not allowed to our tokens until 6 months from now which is in 3 months. That was signed and agreed from the beginning.

Which seems to imply that their altcoin has not even launched yet nor is trading in any exchange. So there is no guarantee that the price of these altcoins would even be something in the end of the loan.

I could sign a lawyer's agreement that certain amount of our tokens be paid to you, should I be unable to payback the loan.

That's not very reassuring, because if you, a team member with a large stake, are unable to pay this loan back, then that has grim implications about what the value of the token ends up being in that scenario.

I agree with Taras, your statements are not very assuring. I am guessing OP is not really someone trustworthy on the forum it is more likely OP is just somebody who "thinks" he is someone on the forum.

To be honest, if you were indeed someone to trust then you should come out in the open and own up to your mistakes of losing the funds. Not doing some shady actions right here.
Lovelost1 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:21:19 PM

Thank you for stopping by Tara. That sentence is meant to be a collateral clause. Because I was clearly responding to those who asked if the tokens of our project can be used as a collateral. Taking it to mean that I am not able to pay is arm twisting.

What you're translating it to mean is obviously was not what that sentence was meant to be for, and you know that.

It's okay I understand you guys all have battle scars from years of doing this and it's smart to dine with long spoons. I respect your higher grounds, afterall I am here as a humble begger.

So I'm a good spot to poop on for anyone with a "holier than thou" mentality.

Enjoy!
Lovelost1 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:35:37 PM

From what OP has said in this thread, the altcoin he is representing is not "respected" nor is something that can guarantee payment since,

As said in the intro, we are not allowed to our tokens until 6 months from now which is in 3 months. That was signed and agreed from the beginning.

Which seems to imply that their altcoin has not even launched yet nor is trading in any exchange. So there is no guarantee that the price of these altcoins would even be something in the end of the loan.

I agree with Taras, your statements are not very assuring. I am guessing OP is not really someone trustworthy on the forum it is more likely OP is just somebody who "thinks" he is someone on the forum.

To be honest, if you were indeed someone to trust then you should come out in the open and own up to your mistakes of losing the funds. Not doing some shady actions right here.

Can you educate me on how you intelligently arrived at these conclusions? Your's is a case of brutal jungle justice on the internet.

Mate, here is the thing, I clearly stated the type of person who I will not be lending from...If you take a moment and pause, you will see that you are exactly that type of person.

I appreciate you coming on the thread, but there will be no borrowing or lending between you and I, there's no reason for me to trust that you're not going to want to exploit your loan on our project.

And I say this in the most polite of tones.

However thought, what you're doing is necessary, it obvious that places like this are generally awash with people trying to con each other, their has to be that "white knight" who's there to give a third voice. Please don't stop leaving your opinions on the thread, but atleast you know where you and I stand with this.

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 09:46:56 PM

You misunderstood what I was trying to say. You have a large stake in this future coin and are willing to use some of it as collateral. However, if it happens that you don't have enough tokens to sell for 1.6 BTC when the time comes, then it is unlikely that a lender will be able to sell the amount you've put up as collateral to cover the 0.8 BTC that they lent you. By taking this collateral a lender is betting on the success of your coin, but for them to own the collateral means you'd have to default, and in that situation the altcoin (and the collateral you sent to the lender) is not likely to have been successful or hold very much value.

I didn't mean to imply that you couldn't pay. It's just that, if you can't, the lender probably won't get much for the collateral either.
Lovelost1 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:43:57 PM

You misunderstood what I was trying to say. You have a large stake in this future coin and are willing to use some of it as collateral. However, if it happens that you don't have enough tokens to sell for 1.6 BTC when the time comes, then it is unlikely that a lender will be able to sell the amount you've put up as collateral to cover the 0.8 BTC that they lent you. By taking this collateral a lender is betting on the success of your coin, but for them to own the collateral means you'd have to default, and in that situation the altcoin (and the collateral you sent to the lender) is not likely to have been successful or hold very much value.

I didn't mean to imply that you couldn't pay. It's just that, if you can't, the lender probably won't get much for the collateral either.

We'll you're writing a bunch of stuff that I never said and you're assumptions based on the new stuff that you created.

I never said this Tara. You're the one saying it.

You misunderstood what I was trying to say. You have a large stake in this future coin and are willing to use some of it as collateral.
bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:14:59 PM

So as you state above,you don't offer something as collateral. Correct?
This is for your education here,as a noob: No Collateral=No Loan.

It doesn't matter who you say here that you are. Here you are another newbie/stranger,with nothing more than empty words and a dream token.
Sorry if this is sounds "new" to you or offensive but it's the truth. Nobody will lend anything without a solid (valid) collateral.
After all,you are at lending section...

BTW any whanna be token dev/admin/manager etc,wants and dreams to be a respected altcoin.
Unfortunately for most of them,they just end up crap or they scam...
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:22:22 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 12:32:52 PM by jonsi

The most disturbing thing that is raising a BIG RED FLAG, is that the OP pretends to allready have 2.2 BTC, but when he was asked to sign a message to demonstrate that he trully owns this amount he was unable to.

OP, are you able to provide any kind of profe beside your story? As an advice, you can start with signing a message with the address containing the 2.2 BTC, but judging by your previous answers, it seems that it is impossible for you to do this.

Also, by your own words: "I was given 3BTC to pay for the listing of our cryptocurrency on an exchange when our project manager was on leave, and I lost the entire money to a copy and paste virus, which I had no idea had entered my computer." Can you provide and sign the address that the 3BTC were stolen from?

Nowbody is going to take you serious with just a story here, we heard it all before, starting from "dying childs stories" and ending up with "once in a lifetime oportunities". You are just wasting your time here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: