Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:50:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Read! (US Gov & Bitcoin)  (Read 1562 times)
Bitcoinorama (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:37:28 PM

In remarks given late last week to the curiously named United States Institute for Peace, the head of the Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) vociferously denied any attempts at regulating digital currency... specifically Bitcoin.

http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/speech/pdf/20130613.pdf

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
SilverVigilante

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 04:53:38 PM

Yes, let's protect the children.

I do like that the speechgiver asks innovators to come up with solutions to laundering. This is much more creative and and free-thinking than strict reg.

http://goldsilverbitcoin.com
Bogdan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:36:00 PM

That is very good news that bitcoin isn't going to be locked down.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:58:39 PM

i been telling people on the other threads for the last month fincen is american and only interested in american money.

thy have about as much power regulating bitcoin as they have regulating the heat production of a toaster oven made in taiwan.

fincen dont care about health and safety of food preparation machines. all they care about is the FIAT in bank accounts

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:18:44 PM

Who's next? The IRS?

ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:20:51 AM

i been telling people on the other threads for the last month fincen is american and only interested in american money.

thy have about as much power regulating bitcoin as they have regulating the heat production of a toaster oven made in taiwan.

fincen dont care about health and safety of food preparation machines. all they care about is the FIAT in bank accounts

Like the Brazilian real and the Canadian dollar too?  Those are American.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:19:31 AM

Who's next? The IRS?

speaking of devil..

in other news

http://www.nextgov.com/cybersecurity/2013/06/auditors-and-irs-pan-tax-regulations-bitcoin/65051/
Bogdan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:05:38 PM

I don't think that will be enforceable.
rovchris

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:03:27 PM

Hmm - they said they are not going to regulate it.

Rest assured this means they are going to regulate it - the same way the police don't warn you they are going to kick your down at 6am, they want the upper hand.

It will be easier to for them to wipe you down with their minge mops if you don't have a chance to protect yourself.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
esenminer

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:58:20 PM

The IRS wants to tax your Bitcoin which is understandable since converting to FIAT means income.

FinCEN wants to stop you from laundering money from within the US which is also understandable since that's it purpose.

I think anybody else from now on who uses the phrases

''the governments wants to regulate bitcoin' or 'the banks want to regulate bitcoin' or the more generic ''they want to regulate bitcoin'

should explain exactly what they mean by 'regulate' so that we can at least form some opinion of whether or not it's possible / feasible / logical.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:27:01 AM

+1 thankyou
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: