Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:47:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NR 1]: Triplemining.com || 1 BTC(or more) jackpot every week  (Read 25057 times)
MrSam (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 05:25:51 PM

I can't believe how quick people are to complain about the fee redistribution... People would apparently rather have MrSam pocket the 1% rather than give it back to the miners. This system is awesome because even cpu miners can make some real BTC if they promote their link enough. Nobody is getting scammed here, everyone knows how the fee system works when they join; in most cases, that's why they join.

Awesome support Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ManOfKnight

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 07:02:15 PM

I have been a triplemining member for a week...wish we found more blocks though...only two blocks so far.
Zhora

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 11:11:38 PM

I have been a triplemining member for a week...wish we found more blocks though...only two blocks so far.

Hi ManOfKnight,

Thanks for being part of the experience and yes we are eager to get some blocks down. We just added a Block Quest Spirit Lifter reward on the site, to lift spirits abit. Hope this helps Smiley

Always available to help,

Zhora
Triplemining account manager
Kanti

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 11:31:51 PM

I'd join, if it weren't so damn hard to find some friends, let alone friends with capable PCs. 
Zhora

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 11:35:58 PM

I'd join, if it weren't so damn hard to find some friends, let alone friends with capable PCs. 

Hi Kanti,

I wouldn't worry about that. First, mining on your own is fine too! And gives you the same access to our weekly Jackpot. Once signed up, you can advertise your triplemining address and start growing your own pool. It's just an added benefit Smiley
sez

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 06:59:20 AM

Well, it's not such a big problem, but really, I can't seem to be able to delete my worker. Undecided
MrSam (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 10:34:34 AM

Fixed !

It's a bug that slipped in when setting up a system that disalows crossposting (as a security issue).. Amazing how this bug managed to stay around for a few days an nobody told be :/

sosad

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 03:07:11 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2011, 03:22:38 PM by sosad

I've tried it and
after 3 days on and off mining for 12 -18 hours ( about 40 hours) at a time mining  at 115Mhash it still says Estimated reward: 0.05775999 BTC

Until they fix all the issues with the pool and a way to contact them and such , I say stay a way from it. It's a waste of time and  cost you more  in the long run .

You and I can do better on other pools ...

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 04:48:48 PM

I've tried it and
after 3 days on and off mining for 12 -18 hours ( about 40 hours) at a time mining  at 115Mhash it still says Estimated reward: 0.05775999 BTC

Until they fix all the issues with the pool and a way to contact them and such , I say stay a way from it. It's a waste of time and  cost you more  in the long run .

You and I can do better on other pools ...

sosad, we are still digging. If we find the block, you get your payout.

> Until they fix all the issues with the pool and a way to contact them

Fastest way is to join the #triplemining IRC channel (freenode)

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Auspician

Activity: 126
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 04:51:38 PM

I'm starting to lose members of my minipool, leaving due to our failure to find a block.  We better find one soon, otherwise TripleMining will be finished before it ever got a chance to get started.
lechuck

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 05:48:29 PM

well id be happy to keep mining but im having connection problems since 2 days
madtea

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 09:31:29 PM

Considering today has been a weird day for deepbit and btc guild... also after a couple hours of reading. Me and a friend are devoting 1.4GH/s to triple, always in support of new ideas.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:33:23 PM

I'd much rather have my 100%, thank you very much.

I do appreciate the idea, however.
Auspician

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 01:45:13 AM

Upon request, I created a Triple Mining IRC channel.  Come join us for some chat!
ottoxgam

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 02:13:46 AM

Wouldn't a newer pool be less likely to find a block? I understand that it's pretty much luck, but the pool speed has to have a huge play in things. It seems like a pool with 50Gh/s would be mine a block faster than a pool with say 2Gh/s
Auspician

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 03:44:24 AM

Wouldn't a newer pool be less likely to find a block? I understand that it's pretty much luck, but the pool speed has to have a huge play in things. It seems like a pool with 50Gh/s would be mine a block faster than a pool with say 2Gh/s

True; but the pool with 2Gh/s would reward its miners with 25x the payout because there are less miners to divide the 50 BTC between.  Larger pools solve blocks more frequently but divide the block between a great number of people.  Smaller pools solve blocks less frequently but divide the block between smaller numbers of people.

Given enough time, everything averages out, but a smaller pools will have a higher variance than a larger pool (meaning you might make more BTC within a limited amount of time, but you might also make less).
cocodapuf

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 04:01:09 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2011, 04:28:35 PM by cocodapuf

I'm sorry for my last post, i had a bad day Wink

Let my try and explain this:

So, first of all, there is no middle, you only have one parent.

etc...
Thanks, no offense taken. I think I may just switch over to triplemining, people are certainly embracing the idea.  I just have a couple things I wanted to clarify, since I haven't seem to have found a definitive answer.  

First, in that example... Nevermind, I saw you've already answered this question in another thread.

Also, where is your cut here MrSam? I mean the website is great, professionally designed, probably gets lots of traffic, and you've got no ads.  You're offering features that all the other pools charge for, but you only charge 1% (which can be earned back).  I don't know what the back-end for a mining pool requires, but I imagine you need to run some kind of central server to manage all the nodes, track stats, etc.  On top of all the setup costs there's the labor you're putting in and the risk you're taking by potentially attracting the kind of attention Deepbit and BTC Guild have been getting lately.  How do you plan to sustain it?  I get that your business model may be a kind of trade secret, so it's cool if you don't want to go into it, but that's the last part that seemed fishy to me.

Heh, I guess right now deepbit is kinda like the devil we know, they put their cut right on the front page, anyone can see where the catch is there ;-)
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 10:52:57 PM

Seems like everything crashes when a new block is found.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 01:05:12 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2011, 01:29:27 AM by The00Dustin

Hopefully this hasn't already been asked (I read this entire thread, but I got tired of reading the thread at http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=23663)...  What happens in a small pool like this if we find an invalid block?  I was thinking about (and doing a very little bit of) mining with triplemining, but I'd hate to see multiple days worth of estimated income disappear due to an invalid block.  One pool that I looked at stated that all shares would be counted toward the next block if an invalid block was found, which makes sense to me, but would make payouts look bad for the block following the invalid one due to the number ~doubled of shares.  On another pool, an appropriate donation % gets shares for invalid blocks paid, but that pool is so large that an invalid block barely affects me (although I donate anyway and have found that the invalid blocks seem to about equal the donations, which is unfortunate for the pool, but fortunate for me).

EDIT:  I forgot to include this thought in my original post...  I saw discussion about stale and rejected shares on the main thread mentioned above.  I also saw that features were being added based on discussion/requests fairly regularly.  Personally, wherever I mine, I would like to see counters for rejected and invalid shares along with counters for shares found.
PandaMiner

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 02:54:58 AM

I forgot to include this thought in my original post...  I saw discussion about stale and rejected shares on the main thread mentioned above.  I also saw that features were being added based on discussion/requests fairly regularly.  Personally, wherever I mine, I would like to see counters for rejected and invalid shares along with counters for shares found.

I agree 100%.  I think MrSam can get this done, he's in charge of HTML.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: