Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:59:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NR 1]: Triplemining.com || 1 BTC(or more) jackpot every week  (Read 25047 times)
lechuck

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 01:21:19 PM

I think there should be an extra chance for long-time miners that are loyal to triplemining - dont know how you decide who gets the jackpot, but it shouldnt be hard to factor in how long the miners has been at the pool
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 01:53:52 PM

I hope this it's someone from my minipool who wins the jackpot today:)

anyway. good luck everyone Wink
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 02:18:50 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2011, 04:55:58 PM by The00Dustin

I think there should be an extra chance for long-time miners that are loyal to triplemining - dont know how you decide who gets the jackpot, but it shouldnt be hard to factor in how long the miners has been at the pool
This could potentially discourage new members; it also goes against the original desire to keep it equal (some member wanted it to be weighted based on shares, but the owner(s)/founder(s) wanted everyone to have an equal chance).
I hope this it's someone from my minipool who wins the jackpot today:)

anyway. good luck everyone Wink
Does the 1% fee apply to the jackpot too?
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 04:13:20 PM

Does the 1% fee apply to the jackpot too?

winner gets the amount shown on the page:

and this weeks winner is:

Winner of the jackpot: rouhaud
Jackpot amount: 1.67776478 BTC

congrats Smiley
MrSam (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 04:13:34 PM

The jackpot fell ... Winner : rouhaud from "Team France"
lechuck

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 06:46:38 PM

its just thast ive noticedthat at least one person in my minipool only mines during jackpot days - with 5Mh/s
tman540

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 06:31:18 AM

I'm in!

Frantically looking for some miners to pool with. I'd be glad to share some of the extra bonus. PM ME!
tman540

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 08:09:20 AM

https://tman540.triplemining.com/register

Looking to get a pool of miners together. Let me know if you're interested. I'm sure I could work out some nice bonuses for the first few who start mining in my pool. PM ME!

edit: @ 600 M/HS going to be near 1 G/HS within the next few days.
The00Dustin

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 01:40:53 PM

its just thast ive noticedthat at least one person in my minipool only mines during jackpot days - with 5Mh/s
That's a bit weak, but they only have a .33% chance of hitting the jackpot (based on ~300 active miners) IF they are mining when the jackpot falls, and at "5 MH/s" on triplemining, they are CPU mining (5 MH/s is the lowest most pools will show because they average on 15 minutes), so that "5 MH/s" will come and go evn further deteriorating that user's chances, because a CPU miner doesn't return shares fast enough to keep the site convinced it is still mining (I've seen two GPUs mining at well over 8MH/s each [so at least 16.5 MH/s total on one worker] show 0 MH/s becaues it took so long to return a share).
tman540

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 05:41:53 PM

https://tman540.triplemining.com/register

Looking to get a pool of miners together. Let me know if you're interested. I'm sure I could work out some nice bonuses for the first few who start mining in my pool. PM ME!

edit: @ 600 M/HS going to be near 1 G/HS within the next few days.

Just got my first minipool miner. Great website guys, SIGN UP ;]
kinlo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 07:36:51 PM

So we've been plagued with poolhoppers, that abuse our pool.  The only correct action we can take to these abusers, is to change our payment system, in such a way that it becomes less interesting for poolhoppers (and therefore more interesting for fair miners).  We are going to change our pool to a PPLNS pool.

What does this mean:

We will payout for all last N shares submitted, where N is defined as the current difficulty divided by 2.

In other words, when a block is found, we will look at the last 845450 shares, and we will divide the 50 BTC over the people that submitted those shares.  The number 845450 is half of the current difficulty and will be automatically adjusted if the difficulty rises.

- This is more fair for cpu/low power miners: you will have profit from very fast blocks, even if you could not submit a share for that block.
- This is fair for irregular miners: if you only mine at night, you will ofcourse have less chance on finding a block, and only when your pc is actually mining during the finding of a block will you receive BTC's, but you will earn much  more from a block when it falls, so in the end, statistically, you have more profits then with no poolhopping protection.  Note that your income may fluctuate even more...
- This is fair for normal 24/7 miners, as they will get more, as the poolhoppers cannot run away with any BTC's...
- This is not pleasant for poolhoppers: they will get 0 on long blocks, and a block after a long block will not gain any decent profit anymore.

So when are we going to implement this change?

Soon Smiley
The00Dustin

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 12:21:33 AM

Personally, I would have voted for SMPPS, but PPLNS probably makes more sense given the jackpot situation.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 12:25:00 PM

Personally, I would have voted for SMPPS, but PPLNS probably makes more sense given the jackpot situation.

I am no expert on different reward types but just reading the descriptions, I prefer a SMPPS over a PPLNS.
I am not happy about getting double fracked when my connection was dropped or something else crashed.
My miner switches to another pool, when it can’t connect to my main pool (https://Krokodill.triplemining.com) and I have better thing to do with my time than inspect it all the time.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
kinlo

Activity: 263

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:22:42 PM

I am no expert on different reward types but just reading the descriptions, I prefer a SMPPS over a PPLNS.
I am not happy about getting double fracked when my connection was dropped or something else crashed.
My miner switches to another pool, when it can’t connect to my main pool (https://Krokodill.triplemining.com) and I have better thing to do with my time than inspect it all the time.

Our 2 server-clusters (eu1 and eu2) have nothing in common, so they can survive if the other crashes.  Put your main and backup pool to either, so you will not go down....
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:57:53 PM

Our 2 server-clusters (eu1 and eu2) have nothing in common, so they can survive if the other crashes.  Put your main and backup pool to either, so you will not go down....

"I am not happy about getting double fracked when my connection was dropped or something else crashed. "

Let me clarify this. If my connection gets dropped (thanks to my crappy ISP) and I end up mining in another pool for some time and if you have  PPLNS, I am starting to lose my rewards, if it happens at the bad moment. 

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
PandaMiner

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:29:32 PM

I've been meaning to ask, why is the title to the thread now [NR 1] ? What does that mean?

I guess because it's the NR1 pool in the world ? Wink

I don't get it.  Do you mean to say "number 1" pool? I'm in USA, and "number" is shortened to "No" or "Nº" or "Num" or "#" but certainly not "NR."

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 08:01:43 PM

I noticed throughout your site it states that miners get 99%, owners get 1%, and 1% gets sent to the jackpot.

MrSam (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 08:03:08 PM

I noticed throughout your site it states that miners get 99%, owners get 1%, and 1% gets sent to the jackpot.

Where ? 1% is for the owners , but people that register on www / with no owner give it to the jackpot.
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 08:09:08 PM

Where ? 1% is for the owners , but people that register on www / with no owner give it to the jackpot.
Oh, it should say under Payment Structure something like: "If a user doesn't have a parent miner, then the 1% owner fee goes into the jackpot."

xcarbon1

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 08:17:37 PM

Sounds interesting. I will join!!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: