Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:29:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Prepaid Cards Here  (Read 1697 times)
gacr (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:53:38 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 01:41:36 AM by gacr

Hi , I want to open an exchange site and issue Mastercard prepaid cards that can be funded with BTC. The cards will be personalized with bitcoin logo or something like that. All cards will be nominal ones , not anonymous , $1,000 daily ATM withdrawal limit.

My only problem is what commission I should take for this to have a lot of people interested in this, like to earn something from this business and also to have satisfied customers. The cards will be in USD , EUR , GBP. Also can be funded by wire or other methods. All cards owners will have online access to the card directly on the company who owe the Mastercard license .

Waiting for suggestions or any idea from the forum members. If possible from old and trusted members.

And sorry because my english is not perfect.

Thanks

UPDATE :

Countries list :

Belgium , Bulgaria , Denmark , Germany , Estonia , Finland ,France*  ,Greece , Great Britain** ,Ireland  ,Iceland ,Italy ,Liechtenstein ,Lithuania ,Luxembourg ,Latvia ,Malta ,Netherlands ,Norway ,Austria ,Poland ,Portugal,Romania ,Sweden ,Spain ,Slovenia ,Slovakia ,Czech Republic ,Hungary ,Cyprus , United States

*incl. French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Reunion,
Saint Pierre & Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna
**incl. Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Northern Ireland

Will start taking orders for cards within 2 days. Delivery time 14-20 days.

US CARD FEES:

Card Fee (per issued card) : $50
Monthly Service Charge    $2.50      
ATM Withdrawals in US   $4.00   
ATM Withdrawal outside US   2% min of $2.00   
POS Purchase US   $0.00   
POS Purchase outside US   $2.00
Decline Fee   $0.30

EU CARD FEES:

Card Fee (per issued card) : $50
Monthly Service Charge    € 1.50   
ATM Withdrawals in UK   1.50%
ATM Withdrawal outside UK   2.00%
POS Purchase UK      € 0.00
POS Purchase outside UK   € 1.50

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bongwater

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:55:52 PM

I wish they had these I heard soon in like a year we will see them
John122

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:56:23 PM

I can't answer your question but this seems like a great idea!!
gacr (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:59:34 PM

Can start it in maximum 1-2 weeks , as I said in my previous post my only problem is the commission ..... if is high ppl will not be interested , if is too small i earn nothing ... also is a big risk since btc can go down anytime .

bvadrich

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:02:55 PM

Will you offer the cards in CAD?

I would not pay greater than 2% commission, but service sounds very useful.
gacr (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:06:01 PM

No from what I know only EUR USD and GBP .... also i dont know exactly to which countries the cards can be issued and to which countries they cant be issued. Will come with more details today or tomorrow.

I personally have this kind of prepaid and the exchange rate is very good , like when i withdraw from ATM , the exchange rate USD to local currency is made at the Mastercard rate which is higher that bank rate.

PeterB

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 06:22:48 PM

This type of card has been discussed before and the demand is great.  If you succesfully create such a card, people would pay a fairly high commission for the service.

Mine bitcoins with you mind!  Play poker at Seals with Clubs!  Now with mixed games, stud games, and multiple variants of OFC!  These games are not offered on any other bitcoin poker site!  Sign up with me, PeterB, as your referral and I can help you with eBooks, strategy and more!  PM me for more details.
bitbybit2

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:23:25 PM

We are eagerly awaiting the details. Prepaid cards!
gacr (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:24:50 PM

is possible 100% , i already talked with the company who have the mastercard license and the answer was positive. tomorrow will start working on the website

PeterB

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 07:25:46 PM

is possible 100% , i already talked with the company who have the mastercard license and the answer was positive. tomorrow will start working on the website

Great news!  Best of luck and keep us updated!

Mine bitcoins with you mind!  Play poker at Seals with Clubs!  Now with mixed games, stud games, and multiple variants of OFC!  These games are not offered on any other bitcoin poker site!  Sign up with me, PeterB, as your referral and I can help you with eBooks, strategy and more!  PM me for more details.
Bitcoiner333

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:44:19 PM

Simple interface and easy to use?
mairusu

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:47:28 PM

sign me up, have you looked at the legal structures in place though?
gacr (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:28:24 PM

will do it as simple as possible , card funding will be manual , about legal structures my only concern is if i can work with us customers or not, anyway  in 1-2 days will know all the details... the idea is that the cards are issued from an already mastercard licensed company and the company is authorised by the financial services authority ... all i do is to get btc from people and fund their cards from my card account. the cards are not issued by my website and are not my property .... this is why i think is possible to do it

bongwater

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:33:40 PM

Wait... ARE THEY OUT YET?
pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:37:47 PM

Interesting Idea.  I will be waiting to see if you can do this in the USA.

Cheers

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
gacr (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:39:20 PM

yes , the cards are on the market but cant be funded directly with btc ..... in few words .... all i do is to work with the company who issue the cards , open a website , have the cards branded with the logo i want , then people order the cards through my website , receive the cards from the card company , send them docs to verify their identity and increase the card limits and after that just exchange through me like I buy  the btc and fund the people cards from my card account with $ or eur or gbp. like i'm buying btc from people and the btc sellers receive the money on their mastercard.

thats a problem with US ..... will try to come with news as soon as possible

mairusu

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:53:21 AM

hmm very interesting idea I would like to see them being utilized with the bitcoin ATM, if you do go through with it would you be willing to use John for escrow services?
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:20:48 AM

Some people sell these in the market, i'm sure you can sell them also.
gacr (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:00:50 AM

hmm very interesting idea I would like to see them being utilized with the bitcoin ATM, if you do go through with it would you be willing to use John for escrow services?

Yes of course I will do escrow , depends on the amount and how much $ I have available .... the bitcoin card funding or exchange is risky like i get the bitcoin from you now at a price, fund your card and when i get the btc from escrow , btc value can be down but also can be up ... is like gambling thats my biggest problem ... i want to do something like funding the cards for a % and selling the btc at 1:1 or with a smaller commission than other btc sellers ... mariusu are you from ro ? 

gacr (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:01:43 AM

Some people sell these in the market, i'm sure you can sell them also.

yes i know that some cards that can be refilled with btc are on the market this is why i say is possible 100% to provide cards to people

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: