Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coding humor  (Read 1589 times)
FiatKiller (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:17:14 PM

from ThinkGeek...

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadToHell

Activity: 260

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:57:37 PM

There are 10 kinds of people: Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:37:08 AM

I made a thread with a few good links. Many lols were had.

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:48:22 AM

I made a thread with a few good links. Many lols were had.
That "When I launch my script for the first time after several hours of development" is SO TRUE.
larem

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:59:04 AM

I love this one!

FiatKiller (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:36:31 PM

I've done coding in various languages on and off since '79 and I was always annoyed when the instructors would say it's impossible to code an error-free program on the first attempt. BS! Maybe a long one, yes. But not a one-pager. At my age now, it may be impossible, but up until 5 years ago, it was very possible. The trick is to think like the computer and follow the directions literally. Something most people have issues with, agreed.

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:42:21 PM

I love this one!

this is me on a daily basis.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
larem

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:04:18 PM

I love this one!

(img removed)

Same here. I love when I'm writing code and it doesn't work and I can't figure out why... then with tweaks it magically starts working and I still can't figure out 1) why it didn't work before and 2) why it works after the tweaks. XD. Drives me nuts

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:13:50 PM

I love this one!

(img removed)

Same here. I love when I'm writing code and it doesn't work and I can't figure out why... then with tweaks it magically starts working and I still can't figure out 1) why it didn't work before and 2) why it works after the tweaks. XD. Drives me nuts

yeah i hear ya. programmings a crazy ride with tons of ups and downs but it feels so great when you write something that works, without having to google.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 01:36:11 PM

Two problems

• Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
  • Some people, when faced with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use binary." Now they have 10 problems.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use threads," and then two they hav erpoblesms.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use multithreading". Nothhw tpe yawrve o oblems.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use mutexes." Now they have
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think: "I know, I'll use caching." Now they have one problems.
  • Some people see a problem and think "I know, I'll use Java!" Now they have a ProblemFactory.
  • Some programmers, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use floating point arithmetic." Now they have 1.999999999997 problems.
  • Some people, wanting an escape from their full-time job, think "I know, I'll contribute to open source." Now they have two full-time jobs.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think: "I know, I'll think outside the box!" Now, they have 3.75 problems, an entirely new framework, and three dozen toll house cookies cooling in the kitchen.
  • Some people when confronted with a desire to use pithy quotes in their presentations think "I know, I'll use something from Star Wars". Now two problems they have.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use UTF8." Now they à??§??°??µ?ç°§ùÔ_¦Ñ?.
  • "I'll use PHP!" Now they have ("1 apple" + "1 orange") problems.
  • "I'll use Perl!" Now they have more than one way to have more than one problem....
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use Shareware." Now they have two trials.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use delegations." Now their problem is a problem of their problem.
  • Some people when confronted with a problem think "I know, I'll quote jwz". Now everyone has a problem.

---from http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/201204/two_problems.html

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
larem

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:41:16 PM

Two problems

• Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
  • Some people, when faced with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use binary." Now they have 10 problems.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use threads," and then two they hav erpoblesms.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use multithreading". Nothhw tpe yawrve o oblems.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use mutexes." Now they have
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think: "I know, I'll use caching." Now they have one problems.
  • Some people see a problem and think "I know, I'll use Java!" Now they have a ProblemFactory.
  • Some programmers, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use floating point arithmetic." Now they have 1.999999999997 problems.
  • Some people, wanting an escape from their full-time job, think "I know, I'll contribute to open source." Now they have two full-time jobs.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think: "I know, I'll think outside the box!" Now, they have 3.75 problems, an entirely new framework, and three dozen toll house cookies cooling in the kitchen.
  • Some people when confronted with a desire to use pithy quotes in their presentations think "I know, I'll use something from Star Wars". Now two problems they have.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use UTF8." Now they à??§??°??µ?ç°§ùÔ_¦Ñ?.
  • "I'll use PHP!" Now they have ("1 apple" + "1 orange") problems.
  • "I'll use Perl!" Now they have more than one way to have more than one problem....
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use Shareware." Now they have two trials.
  • Some people, when confronted with a problem, think, "I know, I'll use delegations." Now their problem is a problem of their problem.
  • Some people when confronted with a problem think "I know, I'll quote jwz". Now everyone has a problem.

---from http://nedbatchelder.com/blog/201204/two_problems.html

I lol'd. I understood all of those but the mutexes, threads and multithreading, Sad.

herzmeister
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 01:42:31 PM

An Introduction to Objectivist-C

Let me introduce you to the best language you’ve never heard of: Objectivist-C.

Although academic computer scientists have generally dismissed Objectivist-C, it has a zealous following among self-taught programmers and college sophomores.

Objectivist-C was invented by Russian-American programmer Ope Rand. Based on the principle of rational self-interest, Objectivist-C was influenced by Aristotle’s laws of logic and Smalltalk. In an unorthodox move, Rand first wrote about the principles of Objectivist-C in bestselling novels, and only later set them down in non-fiction.

Here’s what you need to know to program in Objectivist-C.

In Objectivist-C, an object — every object — is an end in itself, not a means to the ends of others. It must live for its own sake, neither sacrificing itself to others nor sacrificing others to itself.

[...]

In Objectivist-C, software engineers have eliminated the need for object-oriented principles like Dependency Inversion, Acyclic Dependencies, and Stable Dependencies. Instead, they strictly adhere to one simple principle: No Dependencies.

In Objectivist-C, there are only two numerical data types: rational and real.

In Objectivist-C, there are not only properties, but also property rights. Consequently, all properties are @private; there is no @public property.

In Objectivist-C, each program is free to acquire as many resources as it can, without interference from the operating system.

In Objectivist-C, objects communicate by message-passing. In Ope Rand’s magnum opus, one object sends a message that goes on for 70 pages.

In Objectivist-C, there are no exceptions.

I leave you with a quote from Ope Rand, in which she condemns programming languages that are inferior to Objectivist-C:

Through centuries of scourges and disasters, brought about by your code, you have cried that your code had been broken, that the scourges were punishment for breaking it, that men were too weak and too selfish to spill all the blood it required. You damned men, you damned existence, you damned this earth, but never dared to question your code. Your victims took the blame and struggled on, with your curses as reward for their martyrdom - while you went on crying that your code was noble, but human nature was not good enough to practice it. And no one rose to ask the question: Good? - by what standard?

---from http://fdiv.net/2012/04/01/objectivist-c

herzmeister
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 02:03:16 PM

I lol'd. I understood all of those but the mutexes, threads and multithreading, Sad.

A thread is a sequence of instructions. Many systems allow you to execute many different such threads in parallel (either "virtual", or "physical" on multi-core processors etc). If many such threads manipulate the same data (mostly in memory), you may get unexpected and unpredictable results.

The mutex joke is also in this context and alludes to deadlocks: http://siber.cankaya.edu.tr/ozdogan/SystemsProgramming/ceng425/node91.html

larem

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:07:14 PM

A thread is a sequence of instructions. Many systems allow you to execute many different such threads in parallel (either "virtual", or "physical" on multi-core processors etc). If many such threads manipulate the same data (mostly in memory), you may get unexpected and unpredictable results.

The mutex joke is also in this context and alludes to deadlocks: http://siber.cankaya.edu.tr/ozdogan/SystemsProgramming/ceng425/node91.html

Very informative. Thank you! My knowledge of things like C++ are pretty basic, which is probably why these went over my head, :p.

I thought that multithreading was automatic using VisualStudio though...

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:09:28 PM

In Objectivist-C, there are not only properties, but also property rights. Consequently, all properties are @private; there is no @public property.
This one got me Cheesy

In Objectivist-C, all objects can be subclassed.
Objectivist-C cannot be compiled by a libertarian compiler.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:27:37 PM

I saw this one some times ago

That's one shitty programmer.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:29:15 PM

I love this one!

(img removed)

yeah i hear ya. programmings a crazy ride with tons of ups and downs but it feels so great when you write something that works, without having to google.

So there are a bunch of shitty programmers in here.
larem

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:30:12 PM

I love this one!

(img removed)

So there are a bunch of shitty programmers in here.

Or there's a bunch of people here who have actually programmed...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: