Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LKY] Luckycoin Security Update  (Read 4245 times)
Titan (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:53:26 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2013, 11:42:24 PM by Titan

Dear Luckycoin Community,

The Windows Luckycoin QT client with all security updates is now available on GitHub.
https://github.com/LuckyCoinFoundation/LuckycoinQT

A new security update for the Linux Luckycoin client is also available on GitHub.
https://github.com/LuckyCoinFoundation/Luckycoin

Changes:
1) Alert messages have been disabled.

Please delete the "peers.dat" database if you see too many litecoin nodes with port number 9333 in the getpeerinfo output.

Please report any issues with the clients on GitHub or via private message.

Titan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JasperParsons

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:51:56 PM

Bravo
Titan (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:39:33 AM

The error rate on the Luckycoin network has already been significantly reduced.

Please update your clients!

Titan
Titan (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:21:40 AM

Titan
Titan (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:02:16 PM

Security is important! Update your clients!

Titan
daPath

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:57:14 PM

Security is important! Update your clients!

Titan

Can you please lend me some help? I followed your link to update my client, but I get  a PRO file which I have never crossed before. Can you host a "normal" client, from a noob point of view? If thats not possible, I will glady appreciate all the help you can give me regarding this PRO file.

Thanks in advance.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:07:18 AM

So I applaud the effort but don't see any windows binaries so probably not going to take hold. Unless you have them hiding somewhere.
Titan (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:20:32 AM

So I applaud the effort but don't see any windows binaries so probably not going to take hold. Unless you have them hiding somewhere.

BitJohn,

The updated GUI clients will be available soon. The initial release of the unix client was of highest priority.

Titan
arlington

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:11:18 PM

BitJohn,

The updated GUI clients will be available soon. The initial release of the unix client was of highest priority.

Titan

Nice work, although I have to say that adding more checkpoints do not completely prevent the attack, anyone with 51% power can alter the chain from the last checkpoint. Though they can not change anything before it.
Titan (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 12:49:51 AM

BitJohn,

Titan

Nice work, although I have to say that adding more checkpoints do not completely prevent the attack, anyone with 51% power can alter the chain from the last checkpoint. Though they can not change anything before it.

arlington, you are right adding some checkpoints does not prevent an attack. Although it is the most basic first step one can do.
I am currently looking into more advanced security tweaks used by other networks and working on realtime network analytic tools to better see whats going on.

trixong

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:23:44 PM

I have windows 7 64 bit. How I can udpate this?
bonsai99

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:15:54 PM

I have windows 7 64 bit. How I can udpate this?
Wait until the windows binaries are released.
nhminer

Activity: 473

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:25:45 PM

Do we have windows binaries yet?

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
Titan (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:49:49 PM

I have been tracking down several security issues of the Luckycoin network.
Due to a misconfiguration of the client code the Luckycoin network connects occasionally to Litecoin nodes and other alt-networks nodes.
This is the reason for the resyncs in the qt-client and a lot of orphan blocks and other errors in the network.
Also the Litecoin alert messages entered the network due to this bug. Most of the alt-coins suffer from these bugs.

I have been testing all of the security updates over the last week to make sure everything is ok.
This was a lot of work and took more time than originally expected, but I think I've nailed it down now.

If you want to be a beta tester for the qt-clients please send me a private message.

Titan

daggerismo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 11:10:31 PM

I have been tracking down several security issues of the Luckycoin network.
Due to a misconfiguration of the client code the Luckycoin network connects occasionally to Litecoin nodes and other alt-networks nodes.
This is the reason for the resyncs in the qt-client and a lot of orphan blocks and other errors in the network.
Also the Litecoin alert messages entered the network due to this bug. Most of the alt-coins suffer from these bugs.

I have been testing all of the security updates over the last week to make sure everything is ok.
This was a lot of work and took more time than originally expected, but I think I've nailed it down now.

If you want to be a beta tester for the qt-clients please send me a private message.

Titan

great job titan, glad to see you taking the LKY flag Smiley

waiting for windows binaries Smiley

Titan (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:22:05 AM

A new security update for the Luckycoin client is available on GitHub!
Please update your clients! More details are in the first post.

Please give some feedback if there are any problems.
I am working now on the binaries for Windows and Mac.

Titan
Titan (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 08:57:37 AM

Titan
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 03:39:54 PM

I upgraded, but still see the litecoin upgrade announcement?

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Titan (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:54:24 PM

As long as a single litecoin node is connected to the network this message will appear.
I will change the alert message keys in the next security update or take some other measures to disable these messages.
I am currently evaluating the different options.
The alert messages are annoying but don't impact the performance of the network.

Titan
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 01:40:47 AM

As long as a single litecoin node is connected to the network this message will appear.
I will change the alert message keys in the next security update or take some other measures to disable these messages.
I am currently evaluating the different options.
The alert messages are annoying but don't impact the performance of the network.

Titan

Ok thanks, np.  Thought it was fixed in this release. All good.    Keep up the great work!

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: