Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:47:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pay with card to a bitcoin address  (Read 225 times)
aguadolion (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:31:05 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2017, 04:44:45 PM by aguadolion

Hi to all!

I have an online shop to sell some kind of products that are subjected to control in certain countries.  Although are legal in most of the countries we are experimenting troubles to find a card payments processor. That’s  why I’m looking for a method to offer payments to my customers using credits cards but without a bank, PayPal or another sites like these.

Maybe it’s a little bit overthinking but what would be great is an online service to let the users pay with card and the business receive the amount in a bitcoin address. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!  Cool

Laya Varghese

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:53:56 AM

once you've transferred bitcoins there is absolutely nothing you can do to guarantee the return of those bitcoins. Credit cards, however, are highly reversible and most banks reserve the right to take back funds with very little justification and will almost always side with their customers.
This means that if someone buys bitcoins from you with a credit card, and then removes the bitcoins from your sites wallet, and then they default on their credit card payment, the bank will ask you for the money back, and you will be out some bitcoins.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:48:28 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 07:52:09 PM by bitart

Hi to all!

I have an online shop to sell some kind of products that are subjected to control in certain countries.  Although are legal in most of the countries we are experimenting troubles to find a card payments processor. That’s  why I’m looking for a method to offer payments to my customers using credits cards but without a bank, PayPal or another sites like these.

Maybe it’s a little bit overthinking but what would be great is an online service to let the users pay with card and the business receive the amount in a bitcoin address. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!  Cool

Credit cards are issued by card companies (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, etc...) but those card companies doesn't do the administration part and doesn't check the balances of the bank account connected to the card... They only provide the link between the individual card holder and the bank account in the person's bank. So you can't skip the payment processor in the whole process, because somehow you need to make sure that the card you accept (the bank account linked to it) has the decent amount of money you want to receive if you sell something. You should think somehow different, leave the whole credit card out from the equity, but in that case you lose a lot of customers, becuase most of the people use credit cards nowdays and nothing else...
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:50:49 PM

Hi to all!

I'm in the process of developing such a payment gateway.
If you are ready to be introduced into your online store,
write in PM.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: