Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There is no 51% challenge.  (Read 3907 times)
R-T-B

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:46:24 AM

You may be right, with any large community anyhow.  But yes, we need more...  something, anything to deal with the level of shit flinging that goes on here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:58:13 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 07:50:14 AM by mullick

Except in our case it's a success analysis, and a whole topic that is about something which doesn't even exist.

I never challenged anyone except the 2 post newbie threatening the community. I referred to him as "you". Yet people somehow made it about themselves. It boggles my mind why....

You challenged someone who may have the power to kill your coin to do so. You are playing games with other people's money

You have not said to bcx that the challenge is off. This again shows your ego is out of control.

If you are not an egocentric little boy stop this now.

If I had any money invested in DGC i would be seriously upset. Every time I think okay maybe bartibus isnt a joke.... Something like this comes along. I have tried to like you and DGC but after this, the thought will never cross my head again.

A success analysis that's rich. I want to frame that and keep it  on my wall to remind me when my ego is out of control
baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:00:32 AM

Your post is pointless, the guy I "challenged" couldn't even take down PWC, probably photoshop.

What a joke, so many of you.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:01:53 AM

People like to get excited here don't they?

Challenging a newbie who claims to be attacking coins and taking them down DOES NOT constitute a challenge to anyone else.

That newbie has asked me to be part of his team,

Does your challenge still stand?

~BCX~

I was responding to a supposedly "imminent" threat to the DGC community for no reason.

Out of curiosity, what do you have to do with that BitcoinEXpress?

Don't worry about BCX. He's cool and destroy any coin.

Are you 2 like, together? Because your tongue seems to be pretty far up his ass

R-T-B

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:03:28 AM

Your post is pointless, the guy I "challenged" couldn't even take down PWC, probably photoshop.

The only legitimate point I see here is the one of ego.  There is no way you could have known that at the time.  Just because you were right does not make your challenge any less foolish.
MashRinx

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:03:33 AM

Except in our case it's a success analysis, and a whole topic that is about something which doesn't even exist.

I never challenged anyone except the 2 post newbie threatening the community. I referred to him as "you". Yet people somehow made it about themselves. It boggles my mind why....

You challenged someone who may have the power to kill your coin to do so. You are playing games with other people's money STOP IT!

You have not said to bcx that the challenge is off. This again shows your ego is out of control.

If you are not an egocentric little boy stop this now. Just state...

Bitcoinexpress. I was not trying to challenge you. Please do not attack DGC

Even then your challenge to this other individual would still stand. If I had any money invested in DGC i would be seriously upset. Every time I think okay maybe bartibus isnt a joke.... Something like this comes along. I have tried to like you and DGC but after this, the thought will never cross my head again. I have sold the 9 blocks I mined minutes after release before you alone bring the end of DGC with your immature bullheaded attitude

A success analysis that's rich. I want to frame that and keep it  on my wall to remind me when my ego is out of control

Your ego may not be out of control, but your reading comprehension could use a little work.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:03:50 AM

I still think you should 51% GLD first. Let's start at the bottom and work our way up if that's what you want.

na leave our gldcoin alone.

anyway doubt any of you talkers could 51 it, we have a top dev team thats on the ball.

gldcoin is the future

Now that, sounds like a challenge Wink

mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:05:18 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 07:51:22 AM by mullick

Did you know this at the time? NO!

He could have very well have had 1Gh. What would you have done then? I get it's your coin. But it's other people money that have made it a "success". You have no right to make challenges like that.

If it would have been real you would have your head up your ass right now trying to figure out how you will face all the people who lost money because of your ego

Real or not you openly challenged someone.
baritus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:07:27 AM

Yes, I am proud. I have the best community, the most supportive and helpful people involved, and many intellectual people driving the direction of DGC.

I do not however tolerate blind stupidity, fear mongering, or threats from anyone.

P.S. If he had 1gh/s he wouldn't be bragging about 2.7 mh/s takedown(which we now know even failed).

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:09:34 AM

Yes, I am proud. I have the best community, the most supportive and helpful people involved, and many intellectual people driving the direction of DGC.

I do not however tolerate blind stupidity, fear mongering, or threats from anyone.

P.S. If he had 1gh/s he wouldn't be bragging about 2.7 mh/s takedown(which we now know even failed).

Dude... nobody gives a fuck.... stop posting.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
jbmiller10

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:10:48 AM

And yet... here you are.

I go by threestar most places.
Join us in the Digitalcoin Chatroom!
baritus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:11:22 AM

Stop reading idiot.

mullick
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:24:17 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 07:52:59 AM by mullick

Stop reading idiot.

And people want this guy in control of what they invest in. Learn to take criticism and trolling like a real developer.  This is the last post I will ever make relating to DGC in my book it is already dead.

Good luck DGC community. I hope bartibus doesnt ruin it all for you
baritus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:25:53 AM

Insults and criticisms are different things.

Just like commenting and spewing decomposing trash out are different things. Simran is an expert at the latter.

FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:44:02 AM

So much butthurt going on in this thread.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kochmann799

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:00:24 AM

TLDR for the lazy ones

some bitching, some people provoking dev (he's human, humans have limits), some people needing the statement "the challenge is off" to be served to them on a silver plate and people putting in their two cents for no reason including some ideological stuff about how we as a community are going one little step forwards with every new alt coin that had nothing to do with OP but I guess gave someone an ego boost

I'll do the honours. To anyone involved, please please don't go and attack the DGC network anyway. Pwetty Pweaze!

If you don't like dgc feel free to send me yours here ^^ I'll take good care of them!  

DLaaZL6wLzLtuTPVRPCXw5wWRkwy2t5Bqc

now, moving on!

Former Editor of the LTC/CNC Exchange
krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:04:27 AM

So much butthurt going on in this thread.

No kidding. Especially for such a non-issue.

Oh well, hopefully this will all be over by the time I'm home from work tomorrow.

If DGC is attacked, it won't make a huge impact on the community. If the feathercoin attack didn't change anything, neither would an attack on DGC. I'm personally intrigued by and invested in DGC, and I have no qualms with Baritus putting this coin up against the PWC attacker.

Attacks are a necessary part of the growth here. We need to learn how to prevent them all together. Today it might just be a few trolls, but there could be an attack later on. Even LTC and BTC are not immune to attacks from people or corporations with lots of money. No currency (digital or tangible) is perfectly safe, but right now we, as a community, cannot claim that out currency is more secure than a pile of USD or a stack of gold coins. Until we truly solve the 51% attack, there will always be this risk.

Only through attacks and threats will change occur...just like those little anti-counterfeiting strips in paper money. If there is an attack, it won't be because baritus offended the PWC attacker.

G'night everyone. See you all tomorrow.
computerparts

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:43:10 AM

BCX is not the only one who can bring down a coin. The attack could still happen even if he does not decide to be involved.
mm8000

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:13:18 AM

BCX is not the only one who can bring down a coin. The attack could still happen even if he does not decide to be involved.

We're all trembling just thinking about it..  Shocked
XRcode

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:48:50 AM

Now now children, if the evil boogieman was gonna fuck you... he wouldn't wait for a challenge and probably would do it in complete silence..... This is all pretty childish.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: