Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:27:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There is no 51% challenge.  (Read 3907 times)
baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:40:57 PM

People like to get excited here don't they?

Challenging a newbie who claims to be attacking coins and taking them down DOES NOT constitute a challenge to anyone else.

That newbie has asked me to be part of his team,

Does your challenge still stand?

~BCX~

I was responding to a supposedly "imminent" threat to the DGC community. A baseless threat without provocation or cause.

Out of curiosity, what do you have to do with that BitcoinEXpress?

As a DEV of a coin that wants to be taken seriously you think that was appropriate behavior?

You didn't even think about your supporters, the pool operators or the exchanges you would bring the wrath down upon did you.

So I ask you one last time,

Does your original challenge still stand?

~BCX~

The purpose of this whole thread is pointing out that there is no challenge to anyone that is actually a member of this community.

Responding to a threat by a person, that I have never spoken to and that intends to attack me and the community I care about, defiantly, is my right.

It still isn't an open invitation for any individual to attack a community for no actual reason.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 08:41:25 PM

People like to get excited here don't they?

Challenging a newbie who claims to be attacking coins and taking them down DOES NOT constitute a challenge to anyone else.

That newbie has asked me to be part of his team,

Does your challenge still stand?

~BCX~

I was responding to a supposedly "imminent" threat to the DGC community for no reason.

Out of curiosity, what do you have to do with that BitcoinEXpress?

Don't worry about BCX. He's cool and destroy any coin.

Yup, BCX does what he says.

You can love him or hate him for that, you can ban him but it doesn't take away the danger from low hashrate altcoins.

DGC has one of the highest hashrates out of all the altcoins.

WRONG! Has the highest hashrate out of all the shitcoins.

I don't think it adds anything to a discussion by throwing shit.

Neither does your post, but I ain't saying shit.

Love you too  Kiss
JasperParsons

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:41:42 PM

You all should just do it, and show him what happens when you flap your mouth.

It would teach him to think first lol

Who says it's not already being attacked?  When was that last checkpoint?

PWC was being 51%'d for two days and people were only made aware of it when the attacker posted it here.
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:43:29 PM

no challenge open, move along

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
Mazakguy

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:47:43 PM

The purpose of this whole thread is pointing out that there is no challenge to anyone that is actually a member of this community.

Responding to a threat by a person, that I have never spoken to and that intends to attack me and the community I care about, defiantly, is my right.

It still isn't an open invitation for any individual to attack a community for no actual reason.

Translation:

I just found out my mouth wrote a check my ass can't cash. Now I need to find a way to back down without looking like a total pussy.

Gotta love it.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:48:54 PM

PWC was being 51%'d for two days and people were only made aware of it when the attacker posted it here.

you know what will be funny.  when all the alt coins are destroyed and all the miners switch to LTC and skyrocket the diff so there is not profit in mining LTC anymore.  hypothetically speaking.  aI mean after all what is all the hashing power going to do when the alts are gone, just stop mining  go back to playing call of duty?  lol bunch of chimps with gpu farms.
bizz

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:53:44 PM

2.7 MH/s. That's the last hashrate I saw on PWC before attack. DGC has 804.76 MH/s according to coinchoose atm.
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:55:07 PM

LOL!

pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:10:03 PM

hope it isnt to late  Roll Eyes

dubs

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:59:17 PM

none of you could 51 it, you're all talk!
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:07:10 AM

I still think you should 51% GLD first. Let's start at the bottom and work our way up if that's what you want.

na leave our gldcoin alone.

anyway doubt any of you talkers could 51 it, we have a top dev team thats on the ball.

gldcoin is the future
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:09:59 AM

This time next week nothing will have happened. So predictable.
mastadonballs

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:10:36 AM

BCX, if you actually 51% attack DGC, you will have such an authority that no one will ever mess with you again.

However, if you decide to be passive, then bystanders will only be able to guess whether or not your capabilities actually exist.

You have set yourself up to be in a position where your reputation and ethos are on the line.

Do what you will.
dubs

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:11:08 AM

BCX, if you actually 51% attack DGC, you will have such an authority that no one will ever mess with you again.

However, if you decide to be passive, then bystanders will only be able to guess whether or not your capabilities actually exist.

You have set yourself up to be in a position where your reputation and ethos are on the line.

Do what you will.

I doubt they even exist
LosingAlpha

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 12:18:08 AM

No one "messed" with me at all.

Just answered a challenge set out by the DEV Baritus that's all.

This is all on him but yes Dubs, maybe I'm talking some smack and there's nothing to worry about.

~BCX~
FYI: "yes I accept your challenge" is all fine and dandy, but the way you've publicly proposed to do it breaks a number of laws in your home country, and you're not as anonymous as you think you are.

trenal

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:21:02 AM

I haven't seen this good of an epenis thread in a long time, mine just shrank from all the awesomeness in this thread.
tron1082

Activity: 60

I've got the mind of a scientist

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:21:30 AM

I still think you should 51% GLD first. Let's start at the bottom and work our way up if that's what you want.

na leave our gldcoin alone.

anyway doubt any of you talkers could 51 it, we have a top dev team thats on the ball.

gldcoin is the future

This is hilarious.. I can hear Microguy drinking and singing while I read it.

DGC: D94C7TQdxLqPz5CtR47MigKwARqeTeUdAW  |  LTC: LazjxiafdkLw8HRWeyLrabU6f5zhyyrqEr  |  BTC: 1K5EP1DoE6fEmc2pwYXrbXbQbHcRvFee91  | I mine real coins, not trying to be the best at exercising.. my gpus.
dubs

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:22:50 AM

so is this shit going down or what
tron1082

Activity: 60

I've got the mind of a scientist

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:24:50 AM

I like Microguy,

I thought singing Youtube video was hilarous!

~BCX~

Yeah, it has that 'reality tv trainwreck' appeal. I commend him for his dedication though.

DGC: D94C7TQdxLqPz5CtR47MigKwARqeTeUdAW  |  LTC: LazjxiafdkLw8HRWeyLrabU6f5zhyyrqEr  |  BTC: 1K5EP1DoE6fEmc2pwYXrbXbQbHcRvFee91  | I mine real coins, not trying to be the best at exercising.. my gpus.
moody123

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:28:38 AM

I think the whole point is - you either support crypto currency or don't (even though there's some crud out there). If you support it, it's not your job to "take down" anything. If something is really junk don't mine it and don't trade it, it'll die eventually on it's own. If you don't support crypto then you don't really belong here anyway.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: