Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:11:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: minning is it cheap or not ?  (Read 600 times)
nerazzurro (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:26:46 PM

what is the minimum Graphic card to start minning ?
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:00:53 AM

Bitcoin difficulty is way too high to mine with GPU's.  GPU mining became obsolete around 2013.

So... if you want to GPU mine you need to post in the alt coin section and ask for advice there.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=401897.msg4353159#msg4353159

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Lassie

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

bounty manager? contact me: https://bit.ly/2skHgzN

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:09:32 AM

if you plan to mine bitcoin, just forget it unless you want to lose money. but if you like to mine altcoin it will depends on many factors
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:02:21 AM

if you plan to mine bitcoin, just forget it unless you want to lose money. but if you like to mine altcoin it will depends on many factors
Then why are there still mining bitcoins if its not profitable? It can be profitable as long as you have a cheap electricity in your area and it would be much better if you have a cold climate where you can build your mining farm.

As per OP, cheap mining gear is about $400 dollars. Try reading at Mining board. There might be threads that interest you there. Take your time to decide what to mine that yield you a greater profit.
mb808

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:18:10 AM

Whats the best way to mine now? All sites seem to be out of BTC mining... & would it be profitable today? (pre-fork/post-fork)
GregorWar

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:19:30 AM

My friend was mining for bitcoin with antminer's...but the dificulty went so up it wasn't profitable no more...so he bought GPU's and started making money again...he told me several times to get in "the bussines" but i didn't had the money at the time...in the end of may this year i got my first GPU miner and the profit was super...i got my investmen back in 3 months but then went down...prices of coin's were droping hard...sometimes i did not even cover my electricity cost...with today's price i'm making about 60$ profit with 9 GPU's...in my country electricty is very expencive...so this is my main problem...i'm searching how to reduce elec. cost...

"whattomine.com"  is very good for getting info about which coin to mine, what is the profit,...

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:01:47 AM

prices of coin's were droping hard...sometimes i did not even cover my electricity cost...with today's price i'm making about 60$ profit with 9 GPU's...in my country electricty is very expencive...so this is my main problem...i'm searching how to reduce elec. cost...
This is what I'm saying. As long as it is still profitable then you can continue doing so since you've already brought the GPUs. I would suggest tho that if you have expensive electricity then better switch to other ways that are much more profitable (in a good way).

I hope you're not doing something bad to reduce electricity cost. Lol  Grin
aerodynamic1

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:47:07 PM

It very depends of the price for electricity. And the power of videocards....If i dont get wrong
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:58:46 PM

It is really hard right now specially that many people are considering cryptocurrency minning, specially the prices of GPU right now is way too high it will take a while for your investment to come back to you.
Pencil Pastel

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:07:30 PM

Asic mining is very expensive and you mining is expensive too at $250 a gpu and up. You need a good psu as well. The best bet is if you have a OC already to buy one gpu for it and go from there. Slowly learning and adding in as you go. Don't buy a huge rig yet. First aquire more knowledge.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:35:19 PM

You will need ASICs to mine Bitcoins nowadays because GPUs won't work out for this.
GPU can be used for coins like Bitcoin Gold and I feel that AMD's GPUs could give you the best results if you decide to mine BTG.
Try out some other algorithms as well if you go for GPU, but Bitcoin, ETH, LTC and other few high valued coins' difficulty is too high to even think of mining them.
cryptolord21

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:38:29 AM

I would suggest four graphics card or if you could buy more it's better and go for gtx 1080 or gtx 1080ti.
Yes its more expensive than gtx 1070 but it's less electricity consume.
ismadanniel

Activity: 161

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:21:00 AM

if u want to mine btc better dont because of the difficulty..but i suggest u to mine alt but need to choose first which one gonna stay and not scam
GregorWar

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:59:55 AM

for btc mining is done...i started in june and did not even consider to mine btc...i catch the last train before prices of GPU's and other mining equipment went up or it was and still is very hard to buy it because lack of stock...but still payed around 4000$...and also power consumption in important when u are buying rig...except...if u can connect your rig somewere where u don't need to pay for elec  Cool Cool Cool

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:26:42 PM

if u want to mine btc better dont because of the difficulty..but i suggest u to mine alt but need to choose first which one gonna stay and not scam

Mostly digging is difficult. You have to know a little about it and gain experience. After a few years of involvement in the bitcoin I would never take it, it is not the simplest thing to do.
BlockchainCoder

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:33:35 PM

Now it seems the minning machine price is creazy rising everyday, as I heard from some minning guys sometimes the suplier says there is only futures contract(waitting list ticket) for sale which is also quite expensive and higer risk.
Many mining factory start to selling the second hand machine's futures to gethering funds for buying BTC.  sounds creazy!;D

SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:12:23 PM

if you are planning on minning check the mining session in the forum
for grahic card i think you are good with gt1070-1080 maybe for zcash or minero
check the forum first before  investing

feuerbeke

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:16:45 PM

It very depends of the price for electricity. And the power of videocards....If i dont get wrong
See what the experts tell us on this blog:  http://geldquelle11.blogspot.de/2017/11/einstein-money-machine-discovered.html
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:07:37 PM

I think it's gpu but it seems to be used to exploit different types of coin less often when it is done to exploit bitcoin if you want to invest a $ 3000- $ 4000 blaster for a GPU digger. tapping coin. You should consider before investing in excavators as it may take 1-2 years for you to be able to afford a digging machine, ie about 2 years worth of new mining.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:09:26 PM

Whats the best way to mine now? All sites seem to be out of BTC mining... & would it be profitable today? (pre-fork/post-fork)

Because BTC mining is for the big boys. You can buy a single miner and have fun with it but you won't get a huge profit compared to the amount of time you'll have to dedicate to setting it up and making sure it's constantly working. It really makes no difference if we're pre or past fork (although there may not be any past forks for now Cheesy)
If you really want to mine read about CPU coins, they are great for beginners.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███