Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 06:43:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: British cryptocurrency Electroneum hit by cyber attack after raising £30m  (Read 224 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1459

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:13:57 AM

I do not know if this is incompetence or overconfidence from Electroneum's development team. But after raising that amount of money, they have no excuse. They should hire the best developers and should also have their code audited and reviewed by their peers.

I do not know how to say this, but maybe there are some people who are not qualified enough to start a blockchain project. Invest in the developers, not the idea.

One user locked out of their account complained on Facebook: "The question has to be asked... why didn't they do all this testing before the launch?"

Another said: "With $40m in the bank you should be able to hire and sort this quicker. This should all have been done before applying/listing on the exchange."

The Financial Conduct Authority has previously said that there is no investor protection for most ICOs, which operate like unregulated crowdfunding sales, warning people should "be prepared to lose [their] entire stake".

Read the article in full http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/11/06/british-cryptocurrencyelectroneum-hit-cyber-attack-raising-30m/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Emilstyl

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:01:25 PM

I invested but start to think its a scam now
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:16:28 PM

wow, i never thought that this coin was going to be another scam, but yes, it looks like this recently hack attacked several ico's, like this, for example. i am so sorry for those who invested a lot of funds in there, i read a lot of posts about people saying that electroneum was going to be one of the best ico's from all time, but it looks like if they were wrong with that, lol.
But yes, maybe it is a little bit strange, just in when they raised that amount of money.. the hack suddenly appears.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: