Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A lot of alts won't survive the Forks  (Read 715 times)
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:11:28 PM

Soon altcoins will become more attractive for investors. But i think their choices will be major ones such as Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero, Dash, Ripple, Stratis and Waves. I don't expect all the altcoins rise in price. But it will happen to some of them.
Fu.Sin

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:17:33 PM

maybe it is true but as long as the dev and the team works seriously then I think the coins will be survive after the forks and the price will not getting affect or maybe it will affect by a little. i see there are many coins that is trying to survive because of the fork and they still trying to exist in the exchanges and they have a bigger community that will ready to give their support to help the coins survive. but it will back to people which doing trade in the market and the exchanges because if one coins is getting listed in the exchanges, the exchanges have a fully decision to keep the coins in their listed.
Possibly lots of alts wont survive for the reasons no development of the project. It has been left by developer thats why most alts wont survive. But still there are some alts will survive and continue to grow.

It is difficult to foresee the further behavior of coins. They are born almost every day. Do you think speculators look at the project when they buy and sell coins on the market? They look mainly at the chart. Predicting the popularity of coins is not a thankful business. As soon as the coin hits the market, it already begins to live its life, regardless of the project. Many projects remain unrealized projects, the team collected money and divided, and coins are still traded.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:20:26 PM

this is exactly what i have been saying for years!

people think the drops are because of bitcoin rise, bitcoin fork,... but the fact is that bitcoin related stuff was only one of the reasons (the smallest reason) for the altcoin dumps. the reality is that bitcoin stuff was mostly like the catalyst which hastened the inevitable dump of altcoins which were in fact in a big bubble which had to burst.
and since many still don't believe this, many of the bubbles still remain and will bust slower but it is inevitable. the dump part of the pump will always come. it is like a seesaw, you can not just go up, you have to come down at some point before you can go back up again.

Which altcoins are you speculating will dump that haven't yet?

most of them really. specially those smaller ones that have recently been pumped like Vertcoin and Potcoin which is being pumped now. as i said it is a seesaw, these coins are currently high on top and they have to come down (out of their bubbles) to recover at the bottom and build up for the next pump.

Buying the dip...
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:46:05 PM

Yes! some altcoin may not survive  after the fork but remember that there has been several hardforks except this month forks is going be entirely deffrent from the past bitcoin forks .however,I think this month fork may not change or affect the existence of some of these coin.
sculptoris

Activity: 68
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:01:07 PM

Despite those aimed at speculations, there are also a lot of people who play long term, believing in one project or another, one particular coin or another. Good coins, projects should be fine.
RandomEvent

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:13:49 PM

In the end it will come down to who has found an actual use case for their token or coin

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:22:09 PM

Only the shitty ones won't survive and it might be a good thing. I personnally have trust in the coins in which I invested and am pretty sure they'll be fine.

dcdalton

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:28:14 PM

There are a lot of people who think that alts are down just because of last months and this month's fork.
While there is truth to that, there is a simple explanation that is easy to overlook:  You can actually use BTC.

When BTC crashes next people believe the money will flow back into alts, but this time I think some have really just leveled off or will die off completely.
The market is oversaturated with projects and companies that have a coin but have absolutely nothing to back it up.
Look at the top 100 coins at coinmarketcap, how many of those projects actually have a workable product or use for their coin?
Why would say, something like Chainlink ever go up when there is absolutely no use or product behind it?
I suppose longterm, there are prospects, but this time I'm thinking not all alts will recover like people hope they will.
The money can flow back to alts, but it will flow back to reliable projects and leave the rest behind.

Oh, by the way, btc silver fork in december...ugh...

And one more thing, what's up with so many people asking the same questions about ICOs?  Whatever happened to a little forum reading or good old fashioned research?

I do agree on most of your points here. I have always looked at the company, the vision and the projects before getting into an alt coin. Too me it's like looking at stocks. Do I understand the vision? Does the company's vision have a real world purpose? Is that purpose possible to implement.

I tend to stay away from alts that either make no sense or have a 'pie in the sky' idea ... and yes I think many of those will die off. It's the nature of business, tons of ideas but only the cream of the crop actually survive.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:29:13 PM

A nice speculation and may come true.
The fact that they have sold all their alts means they could pick again next time. They might not go back to the altcoin that they use to support and just end up with the one that survived the fork and still in green after everything. I would use this one to avoid losing money.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:34:50 PM

Yeah, i agree. This worries me a lot as well since i hold a lot of shitcoins right now. Waiting for the right moment to sell. Have a littke profit already but haven't reached the line i hoped it would. So still i am waiting because i am itching to get rid of these bloody coins.

Oh well, crypto world is all about survival of the fittest, so i will just have to invest in some good projects that i think would last amd have great potential to increase a lot of times in price.
JohnnyUranus

Activity: 130
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:01:13 PM

In fact, why are there so many alt coins? It is about time to kill more than half of them. Shit coins = pumping & dumping business.
yannick225

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:49:24 PM

Off course most of altcoin will not last but I don't think that will happen after the fork, it will take more time until all this useless coin will fail.
Wait and see, the top 100 will continue to change but the coin will not fail this year I think all will start when this famous "Bitcoin Bubble" will pop
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:52:41 PM

Well it's the same episode like in the past , the good alts with real developement behind will rise again but maaan the others will be doomed this time. Make sure guys you triple check a coin before buy it. Soon the alts season will begin and it's time to pick up a hunt.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:53:14 PM

The good coins will definitely stay around, why do people think everyone wants to get into crypto through a 7500 dollar bitcoin?
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:06:57 PM

I have always been skeptical about projects that offer airdrops without proper planning. Usually, an team just come together, offering airdrops hoping that people will invest in their bubble projects.
I think of them as scams, though not all of them are actually.

That's why I take pains to research a project before investing in it. As a principle, I don't invest in coins that has no working product or great dev team.

omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:09:41 PM

Yeah, i agree. This worries me a lot as well since i hold a lot of shitcoins right now. Waiting for the right moment to sell. Have a littke profit already but haven't reached the line i hoped it would. So still i am waiting because i am itching tthem.t rid of these bloody coins.

Oh well, crypto world is all about survival of the fittest, so i will just have to invest in some good projects that i think would last amd have great potential to increase a lot of times in price.

I have some too, and I'm waiting for the right time to dump them. The problem is, the coins might seriously go down in value as to become very worthless before I could sell them

fusepay

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:12:53 PM

Totally agree with the 'weeding out' analogy, as with mother nature, the strongest will survive, some will cheat but the honest and steadfast will stand out, tall and strong.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:37:44 PM

i think only altcoins having a finished product will survive and recover after the becoming big crash!

other alts will dies certainly!
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:35:42 PM

Suppose that when (and IF!) SegWit2x happens in November we will get only the new crypto. Yes, it can destabilize the cryuptocurrency market – some alts will fall. However, the most of altcoins, especially so stable ones like DASH, Ripple or Ethereum will stand this event.  Cool
cryptodrei

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

The future is your Genome

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:45:48 PM

alts that has good products shall survice the bloodbath or else many of us will burned.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: