Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:50:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SSD Bitcoin VPS only 0.04BTC/Mo.  (Read 2190 times)
bytedisorder (OP)

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 02:25:33 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 03:58:56 AM by bytedisorder

Looking for a CHEAP VPS that you can buy with bitcoins?

Check out the new Bitcoin VPS offering from Bitronic Technologies:

These bitcoin VPS are great for running bitcoind, plus you can pay with Bitcoin through BitPay at checkout. Bitronic Technologies is on the bleeding edge of Bitcoin VPS hosting performance, and we take pride in offering scalable individualized solutions to fit your bitcoin VPS hosting needs. All of our virtual private server accounts include OS reloads, SSH console, reports, graphing, and so much more. This allows you to pass added value on to your customers. Each core is quivalent to an Intel Xeon 2.5GHz or greater. Plus we offer free migration assistance in most cases.

Staring from only BTC0.04 per month for:

6GB SSD
256GB Bandwidth
1 Xeon Core
256MB RAM
Linux OS Templates

BTC0.06 for:

10GB SSD
512GB Bandwidth
1 Xeon Core
512MB RAM
Linux OS Templates

BTC0.10 for:

15GB SSD
768GB Bandwidth
1 Xeon Core
768MB RAM
Linux OS Templates

We also have larger VPS available but the above VPS are great for running bitcoind or a custom application. All of our VPS are scalable if you find that you need more space. Of course we accept bitcoin. Just select Bitcoin as you payment method on checkout and the order will be converted to bitcoins.
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:59:35 AM

hm... may I ask you something? Lets assume your servers have a dual quadcore, so 8 xeon cores in total:

6GB SSD
256GB Bandwidth
1 Xeon Core
256MB RAM
BTC 0.04 = $4

lets multiply that with 8 because you can host 8 of those on 1 server:

48GB GB SSD
2 TB Bandwidth
8 Xeon Cores
2 GB Ram
BTC 0.32 = $32

...a server with those specifications for only $32? impossible! So by evidence you are overselling your servers.
A server with those specs above costs you at least $100, so you have a minimum of 25 clients per server which leads to only 1/3 of a core for every client...

Not to mention that your dedicated servers you offer on your website are HIGHLY OVER PRICE

Atom 330
500GB SATA HD
2x1.6Ghz Core
2GB DDR2 RAM
2TB Bandwidth

Thats the cheapest of the cheapest possible setups. Costs max $40 with another hoster and you charge $99...

If you want to have that margin with your VPNs too, then you allow more than 50 vpns on 1 server... so every client only has ~1/6 of a core...

Admins should close those threads before some little kid gets tricked into buying one of your vpns...
BTCTalkAccounts

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:07:02 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:41:59 PM by BTCTalkAccounts

-
Eisenhower34
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:09:59 AM

We are talking here about 8 xeon cores, "AMD dual core" is something total different. No ecc ram, other mainboard, far cheaper CPU ... 25EUR ($34) is possible for such an outdated model. but not for a 8 xeon core server.
BTCTalkAccounts

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:13:17 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:42:07 PM by BTCTalkAccounts

-
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:15:25 AM

Bad idea to host Bitcoind a machine that's not yours.
Eisenhower34
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:20:42 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 09:31:40 AM by Eisenhower34

With such an offer [where the link has been removed] you could offer 1/2 core per user and would still make no profit. With the same margin they ask for their dedicated I they give every user max 1/4 core.

the xeon's are probably oversold a bit.

I would call 20% "a bit oversold" but not 400%...
bytedisorder (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 03:07:08 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 04:00:07 AM by bytedisorder

You are assuming that users are using 100% of thier core all the time.

These are running on E3-1230-V2 3.3Ghz with 16 threads

That means 64VMs max per box under xen virtualization. These Tiny VPS plans are on special nodes dedicated just to these plans and the larger plans have no more then 10 vms per node.

I don't need to disclose the price I lease these nodes for however it is sufficed to say that I would not do it at a loss.

I have 3 nodes like this full and the truth is that they are rarely using more then 30% of the CPU across the node.

My more expensive VMs run on the E3-v2 1230s and dual hexa core romleys. They are never oversold. The whole idea of this offer was for cheap entry level VPS server for users on places such as LEB (lowendbox.com).

Mainly because the more nodes I fill the better discounts I get from the DC and the profit margins increase on my other services even if I only profit modestly on these nodes.

So eisenhower please stop bashing when you obviously have no idea about servers or virtualization technology.

As far as the dedicated server pricing I have seen atom 160s for 49 but never a dual core atom 330. Check out Singlehop they are 99 direct from the datacenter: http://www.singlehop.com/server-hosting/dedicated-servers/S-ATOM01/
Eisenhower34
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:50:49 AM

You are assuming that users are using 100% of thier core all the time.
I dont assume that, its fact that you oversell your servers by far. every user can only use 1/4 of a core while you say you give him 1 core, which he will never be able to use!!!!

E3-1230-V2 3.3Ghz with 16 threads that means 64VMs max per box

... so you admit it. Thanks! and if you little kid still dont get the difference between thread and real core you should better go home

So eisenhower please stop bashing when you obviously have no idea about servers or virtualization technology.

obviously i have no clue that you are cheating all your clients. really obvious!

As far as the dedicated server pricing I have seen atom 160s for 49 but never a dual core atom 330. Check out Singlehop they are 99 direct from the datacenter: http://www.singlehop.com/server-hosting/dedicated-servers/S-ATOM01/

http://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/isgenug.xml

dual atom 24,99€ / month ... (thats ~$33)

I clearly have no clue what im talking about, so obvious!!!

Are you one of those little kids "hosting" in their living room? Because thats how it looks to me. Maybe you should do your homework and play honest with the forums members then you wouldnt get someone like me in your thread telling the people the truth about your client ripoff policy.
bytedisorder (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 09:40:10 PM

bitcoin megastore, good idea!

Eisenhower, these packages are MEANT to be cheap. for $3.99 a month for and independent VM environment I think it's quite unfair to say "I'm ripping my customers off".

Yes they are oversold, however as I have said full nodes rarely exceed 30% cpu use.

With 16 threads you can have 16 vCPUs running at 100 percent and the vCPU are not core pinned so the automattically use the least used core. So the answer is yes you can get 100% of a core most of the time and on the extremely unlikely chance that everyone on the server was using 50% of thier core at the same time you could still get half a core's performance.

Eisenhower, it's snobs like you that drive service providers away from bitcoin. Somebody makes a GREAT offer and you bash on it because? It's to cheap? It's to small? If you want more performance we do have MUCH larger packages available on seperate nodes that are not oversold. You get what you are willing to pay for. Some companies charge $3.99 for a cPanel shared hosting account!

The packages with dedicated vCPUs that are not oversold are here: http://www.bitronictech.net/vps-hosting.php

To clarify I am not "hosting out of my living room". We have been in business since 2007 and have 2000+ clients in 43 countries. Our servers are located in 2 different datacenters on 5 fully redundant backbone connections.
Eisenhower34
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 01:24:20 PM

Eisenhower, these packages are MEANT to be cheap. for $3.99 a month for and independent VM environment I think it's quite unfair to say "I'm ripping my customers off".
You stated that every user has 1 Xeon Core which you admitted is a lie, so yes you are ripping customers off.

Yes they are oversold, however as I have said full nodes rarely exceed 30% cpu use.
And what do you do when someone really uses all their CPU? maybe by running a litecoin miner? do you kick him like every crappy / shady hoster? yes you do, because your business model doesnt work when someone is really using all the cpu he pays for!

With 16 threads you can have 16 vCPUs running at 100 percent and the vCPU are not core pinned so the automattically use the least used core. So the answer is yes you can get 100% of a core most of the time and on the extremely unlikely chance that everyone on the server was using 50% of thier core at the same time you could still get half a core's performance.
ITS NO REAL CPU!!!! srsly dont you get the difference? when you have 8 cores (16 threads) you only have 16 times the registers but you dont really have 16 real cores. So all calculations are only made by 8 cores. threads are only good for a bigger amount of concurrent processes so you can switch faster between processes, but you only have the calculation power of 8 cores!!!

Eisenhower, it's snobs like you that drive service providers away from bitcoin.

snobs like me are only driving shady crap hosters away. All I stated was the truth, that you lie when you say you offer 1 xeon core per VPS while you only offer 25% of a core per user. You already admitted that lie so go home!

Somebody makes a GREAT offer and you bash on it because? It's to cheap? It's to small? If you want more performance we do have MUCH larger packages available on seperate nodes that are not oversold. You get what you are willing to pay for. Some companies charge $3.99 for a cPanel shared hosting account!

I "bash" you because you lie to your customers with a ripoff offer!!! State in your initial thread that you highly oversell your servers and play honest then someone like me wouldnt have to comment it. If you are now angry about me because Im pointing out that ripoff, I can totally understand that. Every scammer is angry when he gets caught.

Our servers are located in 2 different datacenters on 5 fully redundant backbone connections

2 datacenters where? china? because your site loads awkwardly slow.

35.66s from Netherlands for 1.2MB ... so I cannot be so wrong when I say that you are "hosting" out of  your living room
Rawbit

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:27:02 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 05:41:25 PM by Rawbit

Can I use it as TOR exit node?
BTCTalkAccounts

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:45:21 PM