Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:04:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorcycles  (Read 1595 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:34:07 AM

Started on a Hyosung Exiv 125c, on my fourth now, a Yamaha R6, waiting for next year to go for naked.

What does everyone else have?

The Koolio

Activity: 560

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:37:13 AM

Nice,

Im looking to do a bike licence later this year... want an old school 400cc NC35 for a good number of month then would consider either an R6 or an NV F4

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
Adano

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:19:36 AM

Never rode bike before coming to Korea. But here commuting by bike is so convinient. You can easily cross whole country from Seoul to Busan in half a day and one stop at gas station. Started with 125cc Hyosungs and Daelims, just like you, then Kawasaki Ninja 400 and now my Hyosung GT650 cc V-twin is collecting dust at the parking since I got married. I have to switch to cruiser. Hyosung GV650 may be.. in fact I disappointed in korean bikes. Too heavy, old technology and low build quality. Even last injection models.

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.
The Koolio

Activity: 560

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:22:19 AM

Id love to have the balls to even attempt wheelies without fearing dropping the bike lol

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:26:55 AM

I've been riding a Ninja 250 for about 9 months now, looking at getting an R6 sometime in the next few months if I can find the cash Smiley

Little Ninja's are awesome, but I think I'm ready for something with a little more oomph.

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:37:36 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 08:55:54 AM by Matthew N. Wright

I've been riding a Ninja 250 for about 9 months now, looking at getting an R6 sometime in the next few months if I can find the cash Smiley

Little Ninja's are awesome, but I think I'm ready for something with a little more oomph.

I'd recommend against an older R6 if you want a comfortable ride. The riding position is extremely low/forward so it's a constant push-up. These bikes are basically street legal racers. The brand new line is a bit more comfortable, but nothing like a Honda CBR. Unfortunately, just as I learned gow to skateboard on a heavy board, I've learned "the hard way" and now thw easy/light just doesn't feel right to me. I get to look forward to breaking out of that next year.

Never rode bike before coming to Korea. But here commuting by bike is so convinient. You can easily cross whole country from Seoul to Busan in half a day and one stop at gas station. Started with 125cc Hyosungs and Daelims, just like you, then Kawasaki Ninja 400 and now my Hyosung GT650 cc V-twin is collecting dust at the parking since I got married. I have to switch to cruiser. Hyosung GV650 may be.. in fact I disappointed in korean bikes. Too heavy, old technology and low build quality. Even last injection models.

Korean bikes are popular because they're cheap. Everyone agrees with you that that applies right down to the quality as well.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 08:53:47 AM

SV650S here.

Hopefully next one : GSX-R1000

Be safe

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:59:07 AM

SV650S here.

Hopefully next one : GSX-R1000

Be safe

Same here. You might have the same learning curve I will since riding that feels so "tall". Last time I drove one, despite feeling lighter than air, the center pivot made me feel like it was always going to fall on its side even when driving straight. The SV650S and YR6 are so low and heavy you can hang off the side and still drive in a straight line.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:01:43 AM

Same here. You might have the same learning curve I will since riding that feels so "tall". Last time I drove one, despite feeling lighter than air, the center pivot made me feel like it was always going to fall on its side even when driving straight. The SV650S and YR6 are so low and heavy you can hang off the side and still drive in a straight line.

Problem with these is that it's hard to get a seller to let you try them out for a ride Sad

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:06:28 AM

Problem with these is that it's hard to get a seller to let you try them out for a ride Sad

Ride in a group where someone owns one and ask to try it out. As long as you you're covered they'll probably be more than happy to take the opportunity to make someone jealous. Do you ride in groups there?

Speaking of..

my Hyosung GT650 cc V-twin is collecting dust at the parking since I got married.

Are you still in Korea? Our group is riding out after this monsoon is over. Take a break from the wifey and flex your chain.

raze

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:16:44 AM

I'd recommend against an older R6 if you want a comfortable ride. The riding position is extremely low/forward so it's a constant push-up. These bikes are basically street legal racers. The brand new line is a bit more comfortable, but nothing like a Honda CBR. Unfortunately, just as I learned gow to skateboard on a heavy board, I've learned "the hard way" and now thw easy/light just doesn't feel right to me. I get to look forward to breaking out of that next year.

I planned on test riding most of the 600's, see which one feels most comfortable etc. The only problem is I'm only 5' 8, so it might be a little harder to find something I'm comfortable on >.>

After I've worn out whichever 600 I get (maybe a year or two after I get it), I like the look of the naked Ducati's, but they're a little (read: way) out of my price range atm.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:18:18 AM

I planned on test riding most of the 600's, see which one feels most comfortable etc. The only problem is I'm only 5' 8, so it might be a little harder to find something I'm comfortable on >.>

After I've worn out whichever 600 I get (maybe a year or two after I get it), I like the look of the naked Ducati's, but they're a little (read: way) out of my price range atm.

Ducatti's are the BMWs of the motorcycle world-- needlessly over-hyped and over-priced. Plan on doing wheelies? Stoppies? Dropping your bike ever? Riding in a city with cars? My advice would be "don't ride bikes that cost more to fix than they cost used".

raze

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:25:30 AM

Ducatti's are the BMWs of the motorcycle world-- needlessly over-hyped and over-priced. Plan on doing wheelies? Stoppies? Dropping your bike ever? Riding in a city with cars? My advice would be "don't ride bikes that cost more to fix than they cost used".

You make a good point, and servicing it would probably be expensive as hell. Maybe one of the Suzuki's or something would be better. Any recommendations?

raze

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:28:25 AM

Also, +1 for making this thread. I've thought about it a few times while commuting but always forget by the time I got home.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:40:32 AM

You make a good point, and servicing it would probably be expensive as hell. Maybe one of the Suzuki's or something would be better. Any recommendations?

My limited experience isn't sufficient to recommend a bike other than to say that if you're planning on driving long distances, try to get something where you're sitting mostly upright. It may look cool and "fast" at first being bent over (Yamaha/Suzuki), but your wrists, back, and legs will hate you for it later so you better be getting paid to race on it. I'm 6' 2" so it's not bad until I have a rear passenger, then it's like a constant push-up on my R6. Can anyone say ball smash?

Go for Honda for an all around comfortable and flexible bike in terms of race vs. trick. What I do now on my R6 is akin to drifting in a semi truck.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:56:39 AM

if you want durable check what couriers are using.

+1. Koreans all use the same bike for delivery. Maintenance and upkeep is cheap and easy. (We're talking about 50~250cc though)

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:57:14 AM

Haha. That's quite a driveway you've got there.

Adano

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:18:33 AM

Speaking of..

my Hyosung GT650 cc V-twin is collecting dust at the parking since I got married.

Are you still in Korea? Our group is riding out after this monsoon is over. Take a break from the wifey and flex your chain.

Thank you for the proposal Matthew! I doubt it's gonna happen this way.. I'll try to find time to clean, fix and sell my GTR and then buy Aquila650 or some other cruiser so both of us can join your group. We live in Cheonan, by the way.

What do you mean by monsoon? Whole rain season or these day's rains?

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:39:52 AM

Speaking of..

Thank you for the proposal Matthew! I doubt it's gonna happen this way.. I'll try to find time to clean, fix and sell my GTR and then buy Aquila650 or some other cruiser so both of us can join your group. We live in Cheonan, by the way.

Well, any clear weekend is fine, but I was under the impression monsoon season had already started (despite the current storms being expected only for 3 days). I honestly don't expect a clear weekend for the next 2 months as thise country's weather seems to be in line with corporate attitude-- "no fun allowed!"

Selling a bike in Korea is hard, I wish you luck. With all the scams on the internet, local trusted shops are the only way to go when buying imo. I can hook you up with my friend's shop in Gyeonggido who makes customs too if you want. He knows what's shit and what's not.

Adano

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:00:54 PM

Speaking of..

Well, any clear weekend is fine, but I was under the impression monsoon season had already started (despite the current storms being expected only for 3 days). I honestly don't expect a clear weekend for the next 2 months as thise country's weather seems to be in line with corporate attitude-- "no fun allowed!"

Selling a bike in Korea is hard, I wish you luck. With all the scams on the internet, local trusted shops are the only way to go when buying imo. I can hook you up with my friend's shop in Gyeonggido who makes customs too if you want. He knows what's shit and what's not.

Thanks again. I may need your help. In fact I was always buying my motorbikes directly from koreans and my experience is positive, they willingly negotiate, so I always got my motorcycles much cheaper than it was possible buying from a dealer. I sold all my bikes directly as well without loosing much money. But those bikes were small and cheap and this one is different, so may be you right - it's not that easy.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: