Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:47:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZeroBlock iOS app - The ultimate tool for traders on the go  (Read 1947 times)
zeroblock (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:07:59 AM

If you haven't already heard of us, we are the only iOS app that provides real-time Bitcoin market data and aggregated news feed. As promised, we've just rolled out some new exciting features!

Download our app here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zeroblock/id643184018?mt=8

New Features:

- Clark Moody Charts
- Price Push Notifications
- Personal Holdings Calculator
- Bid/Ask

Future Updates:

- Multiple Exchanges
- Multiple Fiat currencies
- More price push notification gates
- More Mining information

And please be patient with us, we haven't forgotten about Android!

See Co-Founder Dan Held interviewed in the Forbes Sushi meetup video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U18FG3ZAno

Donate: 1LHSr3ZnYeD6PpM7rfGNCLhBmU3o2x3oCN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Funky Al

Activity: 142

It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:55:53 AM

Nice idea, first impressions:

Nice professional looking app
All the info and updates I could ever want or need (just found out that double tapping stories brings them up).

Not really that intuitive to navigate at first, although After a few mins on it, I got it.

it's crashed on me a couple of times.

When gbp is integrated I'll definitely use it more. Very nice overall.

Cheers.
zeroblock (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:02:59 PM

Sorry if the layout is confusing.  It is a bit unique, but when you get used to it, you'll find it very efficient Wink The stories open if you tap just once on the article.  Also, if you tap the little 'i' it will give you options to open it up in safari or share it on facebook, twitter and e-mail. 
maursader

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:58:09 AM

Straight up, I love this app. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to support Canadian bitcoin markets which is okay for now. I love the navigation, it's fresh and unique and so is the news feeds. Not sure if you can add CoinDesk as a news source, since I seem most of the news is from Reddit.

There is a thread here that was made about recommending iPhone apps for bitcoin users. I'd recommend posting your app there so other iOS users can try it.

Thread link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235772.0;topicseen

Not sure if this is in your plans, but having support for Litecoin would be cool. It's similar to BTC in so many ways and it seems like people are adopting it nicely. Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing your app.
Funky Al

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:35:35 AM

The more I've used it, the easier it becomes. I've left a review on iTunes, hope you have success as its by far the best app I've seen for Bitcoin.

I've not seen the thread Maursader has posted yet though, so I'll have a look at that now.

Any idea on when you'll be able to bring in other fiat currencies?
zeroblock (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:52:47 PM

Straight up, I love this app. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to support Canadian bitcoin markets which is okay for now. I love the navigation, it's fresh and unique and so is the news feeds. Not sure if you can add CoinDesk as a news source, since I seem most of the news is from Reddit.

There is a thread here that was made about recommending iPhone apps for bitcoin users. I'd recommend posting your app there so other iOS users can try it.

Thread link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235772.0;topicseen

Not sure if this is in your plans, but having support for Litecoin would be cool. It's similar to BTC in so many ways and it seems like people are adopting it nicely. Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing your app.

If you swipe to the right from the main screen, you then are on the news feed, if you swipe right again you will end up on the news feed option page.  Here you can toggle your news sources on and off by tapping on them.  A news source that has been selected will be white, and one that is unselected will be grey. 

Thank you for sharing that thread! Per your recommendation we just posted on it. 

We will be adding fiat currencies first, then you can expect cryptocurrencies within 3-5 weeks after that. 

The more I've used it, the easier it becomes. I've left a review on iTunes, hope you have success as its by far the best app I've seen for Bitcoin.

I've not seen the thread Maursader has posted yet though, so I'll have a look at that now.

Any idea on when you'll be able to bring in other fiat currencies?

We're glad that you like it once you get used to it.  We definitely appreciate the feedback (we are striving for a perfect 5 stars)! 

You can expect to have multiple fiat currencies in under a month.

Cheers,

ZeroBlock

whydifficult

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 06:39:15 PM

Love the app, once you know which direction every screen is it's very intuitive. Much better than a big menu in the whole app imo, looks way more clean and simple.

One tiny detail that is the clarkmoody chart does not fit in the screen (portrait, iPhone 4, iOS 7), I now get a tiny vertical scrollbar.

Gekko a nodejs bitcoin trading bot!
Realtime Bitcoin Globe - visualizing all transactions and blocks
Tip jar (BTC): 1KyQdQ9ctjCrGjGRCWSBhPKcj5omy4gv5S
zeroblock (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:32:39 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback!  Glad you found the UI/UX intuitive. It takes a bit getting used to, but we felt it made more sense than hidden menus behind buttons.    

So the vertical (portrait) view is going to look slightly distorted because its a zoomed in version of the chart, if you tilt your phone horizontally (landscape) you should see the complete chart.  If this doesn't solve the issue, can you please take a screenshot and e-mail that to us via the Feedback button on the "About Us" screen in the app?

Cheers,

ZeroBlock
Rukn

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:13:48 AM

This app available on the Canadian apple store?

zeroblock (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:06:33 AM

It should be. if it isn't, please send me a PM and we will figure out whats wrong. 
rethaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:24:26 AM

This app is nice, thanks! Enjoy the interface and have been using it for news.

Suggestions for improvement:

1) The clarkmoody graphs aren't retina and the text links, font, and interface of that pane are the weakest point of the app.

2) The calculator feels like a waste, other ideas for that pane:

Mining status
Wallet view
Block explorer
Latest transactions

I realize your goal is for traders, maybe that calculator is more important to them than I can imagine.

3) I can't add new RSS feeds to the news part.

4) I wish I had paid for this app because now I am wondering what your monetization scheme will be. This is a hedge against your users in my mind and will probably be the reason I stop using it. So start charging, I've paid $1.99 for much less!

thattalldude

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:43:13 AM

Sorry if the layout is confusing.  It is a bit unique, but when you get used to it, you'll find it very efficient Wink The stories open if you tap just once on the article.  Also, if you tap the little 'i' it will give you options to open it up in safari or share it on facebook, twitter and e-mail. 

A faster/easier way for me to open the news items on my computer would be lovely. Presently I have to send it to safari, then send it to myself from there as an iMessage.
zeroblock (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:24:00 PM

This app is nice, thanks! Enjoy the interface and have been using it for news.

Suggestions for improvement:

1) The clarkmoody graphs aren't retina and the text links, font, and interface of that pane are the weakest point of the app.

2) The calculator feels like a waste, other ideas for that pane:

Mining status
Wallet view
Block explorer
Latest transactions

I realize your goal is for traders, maybe that calculator is more important to them than I can imagine.

3) I can't add new RSS feeds to the news part.

4) I wish I had paid for this app because now I am wondering what your monetization scheme will be. This is a hedge against your users in my mind and will probably be the reason I stop using it. So start charging, I've paid $1.99 for much less!

Thank you for the suggestions! 

1.) Clark Moody charts aren't natively Retina quality.  So unfortunately until Clark Moody improves the quality of the image, we can't enhance it.  Text links and fonts are current being edited by us and Clark Moody for a more navigable interface. 

2.) We had a bunch of feedback asking for a calculator, and I personally use it.  We definitely have been thinking about adding mining status and wallet view features in the near future ~1-2 months.  We both have full time jobs so it is hard to take the time necessary to implement all features immediately.  But we haven't done bad for a month and a half right? Wink

3.) We probably won't allow the ability to add your own feeds for several few reasons.  One is that a majority of the cryptocurrency related sites we gather content from don't have RSS feeds so we have to employ other methods.  And second, 95% of Bitcoin content we looked at is garbage. 

4.) Haha, well we are going for market share so we are trying to keep the costs as low as possible for our users.  We have 2 monetization plans in the future.  One is for an in-app purchase, which would give you color (red/green) Clark Moody charts, and some colored price movement indicators on the main screen for $1.99.  We don't expect that feature to make too much money, but will add some nice flair to the users that want to support us. 

In the very near future we will be adding a web dashboard interface, this will be the 2nd step in our overall information ecosystem that we hope to create with iOS, Android, and web.  The second monetization plan will be announced within the next month or so, and will change the way you read news.  There will be plenty of Q&A/feedback before we launch that feature. 

A faster/easier way for me to open the news items on my computer would be lovely. Presently I have to send it to safari, then send it to myself from there as an iMessage.

Our web platform will be launching within the next 3 weeks.  It will have a beautiful dashboard style interface just like the app has. 

P.S. Think RTBTC design style

- ZeroBlock
Funky Al

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:07:03 AM

Now with GBP added, it become an invaluable app.

Anyone reading this who owns an iPhone should download it. Do it now.

Well done.
zeroblock (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:14:56 AM

Now with GBP added, it become an invaluable app.

Anyone reading this who owns an iPhone should download it. Do it now.

Well done.

Thank you.  We've got a web platform about to launch within the next 3-4 days.  Its pretty spectacular. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: