Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:46:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accidentally Sent USDT to BTC wallet  (Read 294 times)
sufi.jason (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:14:39 AM

Hi,

A few days back I had accidentally sent USDT from my Bittrex wallet to my Zebpay BTC wallet. The transaction has gone through and the my BTC Balance is showing as .0000054 BTC. After some research, I have understood that this amount is just a placeholder amount for the BTC as it cannot decode the USDT string. When I put my wallet on a wallet watch list, I can see the USDT value there.

I raised a ticket with both exchanges.

The reply from Bittrex was,

"Tyler (Bittrex Support)
Nov 2, 08:42 PDT

Hi,

You have sent USDT to a BTC address, these wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You'll need to research how to remove a private key from a Bitcoin address and import it into a USDT wallet to recover these coins. You may want to contact someone from the USDT community for help. We can be of no further assistance on this issue.

Thank you,

Tyler @ Bittrex"

The reply from Zebpay was,

"Zebpay Team (Zebpay)
Nov 6, 3:53 PM IST

Dear User

Please note, Zebpay is a hosted bitcoin wallet. That is the private keys of your bitcoins are with Zebpay. We manage the security of your wallet. We can not share a private key with the user.

For more information, please visit our below articles.
http://support.zebpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/201287382-How-is-my-Zebpay-wallet-secured-

Feel free to get back to us in case you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your interest and support.

Regards
Zebpay Team"

I want to know if I do a reverse transaction back to my USDT Bittrex wallet, will the coins be recovered? Or is there any other way to reverse the transaction?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:39:15 AM

Sorry to hear that, but there's no feature of a reverse transaction on any cryptocurrencies, bitcoin was made and designed to disable this feature not just like what Paypal do. As if Zebpay will give you the private keys, but unfortunately they can't do that too as what they mentioned. So you have to forget this funds because there's no way to send it back to your Bittrex wallet, I know its hard but you have to.

This should serve as a lesson to you, that you have to double check or even tripled check the receiving address and so forth before you send any funds with bitcoin or any cryptocurrency.
sufi.jason (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:09:23 AM

Thanks for your reply!

By reverse transaction I mean, If I send the BTC in my Zebpay wallet to my bittrex USDT account, will it show up as USDT?

Thanks!
Crypto Life

Activity: 470
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:38:17 AM

Hi,

A few days back I had accidentally sent USDT from my Bittrex wallet to my Zebpay BTC wallet. The transaction has gone through and the my BTC Balance is showing as .0000054 BTC. After some research, I have understood that this amount is just a placeholder amount for the BTC as it cannot decode the USDT string. When I put my wallet on a wallet watch list, I can see the USDT value there.

I raised a ticket with both exchanges.

The reply from Bittrex was,

"Tyler (Bittrex Support)
Nov 2, 08:42 PDT

Hi,

You have sent USDT to a BTC address, these wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You'll need to research how to remove a private key from a Bitcoin address and import it into a USDT wallet to recover these coins. You may want to contact someone from the USDT community for help. We can be of no further assistance on this issue.

Thank you,

Tyler @ Bittrex"

The reply from Zebpay was,

"Zebpay Team (Zebpay)
Nov 6, 3:53 PM IST

Dear User

Please note, Zebpay is a hosted bitcoin wallet. That is the private keys of your bitcoins are with Zebpay. We manage the security of your wallet. We can not share a private key with the user.

For more information, please visit our below articles.
http://support.zebpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/201287382-How-is-my-Zebpay-wallet-secured-

Feel free to get back to us in case you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your interest and support.

Regards
Zebpay Team"

I want to know if I do a reverse transaction back to my USDT Bittrex wallet, will the coins be recovered? Or is there any other way to reverse the transaction?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Zebpay should receive usdt using the private key and send it to your account. Of course, they have the right to take a commission for the work done.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 6989

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 05:42:43 PM

By reverse transaction I mean, If I send the BTC in my Zebpay wallet to my bittrex USDT account, will it show up as USDT?
Absolutely not. Don't do that or you will also lose your BTC. What he meant is that the transaction went over and you can't "cancel it" or "take it back"; What you need to do is ask Zebpay to recover your USDT and send them to your USDT wallet/deposit address.

They obviously don't want to give you the address private-keys, but they may be willing to manually get the USDT back to you. If they deny this, there is nothing you can do and your USDT are gone.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████