Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Biggest Risk To Bitcoin?  (Read 664 times)
kiwasmose

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:20:41 AM

I think some of the country's regulatory risk is only temporary. This does not constitute the destruction of the destruction of bitcoin. One thing that needs special attention is that the fork is likely to cause the miners to split, and the miners are the foundation of bitcoin.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:41:03 AM

The biggest risk of bitcoin I think is the limitations of its supply we are now facing the big hit in bitcoin value which will surely attracts many investors to buy and hold bitcoin for a long term period because they will believe that it's value will appreciate more in later years, with this chances are majority of people will keep holding their coins and bitcoin will become stagnant the supply will somehow not enough for the circulation and if it cannot provide for the market demand chances are bitcoin may crash.
Layonk

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:43:13 AM

the biggest risk is volatile of bitcoin, it can make us loss if have no good prediction.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:26:19 AM

I think any kind of investment have a biggest risk. Actually is same risk, if they price down to far is the biggest risk.
But don't worry bitcoin every year increase fast. It will give us more profit significant.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:36:38 AM

Bitcoin, though about to celebrate its first decade of existence next year 2018, by all comparison especially with the fiat money, is still considered a relatively very young form of currency or a store of value (you can take a pick or get the two) and we are now witnessing its own evolution and dynamism.

We have been told of the many risks that Bitcoin can be facing today and then into its future. But what is the biggest risk that Bitcoin is currently facing? Aside from government intervention (just like what China did in September), one of the other big risks is the governance within Bitcoin.

There is no question that regulatory risk is obviously visible on many countries where Bitcoin got into. We had witnessed this in China and even South Korea as well as insignificant countries are also closely looking at Bitcoin maybe for clamping down. There are always regulatory risk involved but I think that governance is the greatest risk to Bitcoin and other decentralized entities. Right now, Bitcoin is governed by exit. There’s a consensus mechanism but when people disagree on consensus, they have three choices: Just suck it up,  get away from Bitcoin or sell or they can get into the open source code and fork it.

People in Bitcoin know what forking is. We are facing here the technical risk and community risk. The Segwit2X debate, which could result in a hard fork this November 18, is highlighting the possible risk involved in the governance by exit.

We are experiencing the so-called Balkanization (fragmentation or division) of Bitcoin is not good for the future of Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency community.
for me the biggest risk to bitcoin is when you have thinking about the investment and unlike the normal investment you plan to invest all your money it can be a big risk. we know the fluctuating and unstable price of bitcoin so maybe it can higher up or lower down soon and when you plan to invest all your money. and then tomorrow after you invest the value of bitcoin will become lower . im sure it is a big loss for you but you have to hold it until it can rise up again.
Waleed rose

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:54:55 AM

The bitcoins is the number #1 cryptocurrency billions of people are investing in the bitcoins just because they trust in the bitcoins and they knows that the bitcoins has no risk at all but the only risk is that if the government banne the bitcoins but I'm sure that the government will not banne the bitcoins because billions of the lives depends upon the bitcoins that's why the government will never put the lives of their citizens on the risk that's why you should not be worried because the bitcoins is free of risk.
Social_Cryptonetix

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:10:34 AM

I believe risk is everywhere, so just don’t hate it due to risk. However, it is only sensible to invest into multiple options instead of one. As that is how we will be able to gain and minimize the risk, but if we take just one route without too much thinking then it might just hurt us badly.

~Cryptonetix.com~
Julia_bitcoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:40:17 AM

The risk that gradually bitcoin will increase the desire for centralization because the exchange rate is becoming more and more influenced by the stock market, where they sell and buy this cryptocurrency.
joanshu

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:43:57 AM

i think the biggest risk is investing your entire fortune in it as btc price keep changing every now and then and we cannot predict if there is fall in the investment.
LuXiiRaS

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:53:40 PM

I think the biggest risks to BTC is it's not a stable currency and I think that banks and governments will start planning to eliminate BTC soon.
dear53

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

BTC is one of the best coin in modern time.Many people have depend on it.I knew that there is no chance to crash it.If BTC crushes many people are lost there lots of money who save a big and small amount of BTC in there wallet and the other online site.So there is no risk to BTC.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:03:39 PM

Bitcoin, though about to celebrate its first decade of existence next year 2018, by all comparison especially with the fiat money, is still considered a relatively very young form of currency or a store of value (you can take a pick or get the two) and we are now witnessing its own evolution and dynamism.

We have been told of the many risks that Bitcoin can be facing today and then into its future. But what is the biggest risk that Bitcoin is currently facing? Aside from government intervention (just like what China did in September), one of the other big risks is the governance within Bitcoin.

There is no question that regulatory risk is obviously visible on many countries where Bitcoin got into. We had witnessed this in China and even South Korea as well as insignificant countries are also closely looking at Bitcoin maybe for clamping down. There are always regulatory risk involved but I think that governance is the greatest risk to Bitcoin and other decentralized entities. Right now, Bitcoin is governed by exit. There’s a consensus mechanism but when people disagree on consensus, they have three choices: Just suck it up,  get away from Bitcoin or sell or they can get into the open source code and fork it.

People in Bitcoin know what forking is. We are facing here the technical risk and community risk. The Segwit2X debate, which could result in a hard fork this November 18, is highlighting the possible risk involved in the governance by exit.

We are experiencing the so-called Balkanization (fragmentation or division) of Bitcoin is not good for the future of Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency community.
Biggest risk in bitcoin? For me, i think the biggest risk in the bitcoinbis when you decide to turn all your money to bitcoin because you'll hope that it can be higher up soon. The risk is it. All of us know about the fluctuating and unstable. Why if it become falling down ans all your monry invest inthe bitcoin. This is the big risk for me. To turn out all my money in bitcoin
We all know that there is a sure risk that we could take in dealing with Bitcoin investment so in a perspective we should all embrace the risk it could give us or it could have and continue to develop our self in terms of investing and decision making for us to earn more and to gain more profit.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:56:19 PM

There is always a risk and investors here are risking only if the price drops below their purchase price, and this is not so much a problem for those who are eagerly awaiting prices to rise, all the risks can be overcome and we do not have to run away from bitcoin to deal with it.
haocoin

Activity: 223
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:47:38 AM

I think any kind of investment have a biggest risk. Actually is same risk, if they price down to far is the biggest risk.
But don't worry bitcoin every year increase fast. It will give us more profit significant.
Yes, there are risks as long as it is invested. Especially the volatile investment such as bitcoin. And the development of bitcoin is not very stable. Now it is still the initial stage, with more risks and more influential factors.
check_it_out

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:09:55 AM

I think the biggest risk has got to do with government rules.
once government decided to exclude bitcoin from daily business, the demand for bitcoin will reduce a lot.
we can see the example as what has happened in japan and korea.
If united states one day decided to ban crypto currentcies, then bitcoin price will decline for sure
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:19:29 AM

i think the biggest risk is investing your entire fortune in it as btc price keep changing every now and then and we cannot predict if there is fall in the investment.

Or simply the bitcoins price fluctuation. If you bought last year to early January this year, you lost almost 50% of your dollar value. Another risk of bitcoin is the governments uncertainty in regulation. More  sanctions and banned means a dump in bitcoin price.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:28:36 AM

I think the biggest risk has got to do with government rules.
once government decided to exclude bitcoin from daily business, the demand for bitcoin will reduce a lot.
we can see the example as what has happened in japan and korea.
If united states one day decided to ban crypto currentcies, then bitcoin price will decline for sure

Bitcoin can be use especially for my country to money laundry so that's why my government against bitcoin.
I can see positive effect if they legalize bitcoin but they will make their decision after do some meeting with G-20 member on this March-April

Smiley
Crowdsale.network

Activity: 104

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:02:52 AM

I agree that the 6 Biggest risks to Bitcoin are:
1 Bitcoin's blockchain loses its appeal
2 Brand-name businesses stop accepting bitcoin
3 A double-edged sword of regulation
4 A cyber attack hits Bitfinex (or another cryptocurrency exchange)
5 Margin mayhem derived from its CME listing
6 Investor emotions sack bitcoin
leland orser

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:07:25 AM

In my opinion, the fork is meaningless, because the fork of bitcoin, the final outcome is 0, their existence is merely for bitcoin the next development provides the experiment, and most of the fork is just want to get more money.

huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:12:42 AM

I don't think these forks are at risk, because bitcoin is a bitcoin, and a fork is a fork, and a fork will never stand for bitcoin.

I think the biggest risk is that bitcoin is not recognized in all countries, which would be catastrophic.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: