Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:20:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have bitcoins on Blockchain.info , I have some questions; Pls reply me.  (Read 277 times)
alireza1395 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:31:19 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 06:53:03 AM by alireza1395

Hi dear friends,

I have bitcoins on Blockchain.info, I have the following questions;

1.) Is it safe to keep the bitcoins on Blockchain.info as the so-called hard fork is looming?

2.) Will I get the free coins after the fork If I keep the bitcoins on Blockchain.info God willing?

3.) If Blockchain.info doesn't distribute the free coins, what Can I do to get the 2X coins?

Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:41:43 AM

1. Blockchain.info is one of the most secured and old online wallet available. and i think your bitcoin is safe with them. i have blockchain.info wallet since 2013 and a didn't encounter any problem up to now.

2.I dont think Blockchain.info will distribute tokens after hardfork.

here is the link for more reference : https://blog.blockchain.com/2017/11/03/segwit2x-frequently-asked-questions/

And remember also keep your passphrase in a secured location.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:45:57 AM

Hi dear friends,

1.) Is it safe to keep the bitcoins on Blockchain.info as the so-called hard fork is looming?
It's safe as long as you are still keep your password and never try to publish your email. Because your email will be very important to log in into your account, so many hackers in these day.

2.) Will I get the free coins after the fork If I keep the bitcoins on Blockchain.info God willing?
There is no statement alreayd made by the blockchain.info but it seems they are distributing the b2x to the bitcoin holders just like bitcoin cash. The blockchain has not distributed the bitcoingold.
But you will not able to trade your fork coin. Will better to leave your bitcoin in the exchange which already supported b2x trade.
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:48:28 AM

For now, all those so called online wallet is safe but who knows what will happen in the future, just reminding that there's so many exchanges and online wallet that suddenly closing down their services but well, blockchain.info is very old online wallet, maybe it's safe but temporary, it's up to you though, and if blockchain.info hasn't make an announcement that they will distribute the HF coin freely to its users, don't expect too much.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:32:39 AM

Blockchain.info has been around for sometimes and quite a number of people using the wallet. But I don’t really trust online wallets. It is alright to keep small amount of BTC you are using frequently. For long term storage, I suggest hardware wallet or paper wallet.

I don’t think you can get free 2x coins unless you blockchain.info decided to distribute to its users.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:39:03 AM

3.) If Blockchain.info doesn't distribute the free coins, what Can I do to get the 2X coins?

Blockchain.info gives you exclusive control of your private keys.

1. There is nothing about the upcoming hard-forks that affect the safety of your bitcoins. After the fork, if the blockchain.info wallet doesn't do what you want it to do, you can always move your keys to a new wallet.

2. You will get coins because you have complete control of your private keys. However, blockchain.info can't do much to help you get them because they don't have access to your private keys.

3. There are (or will be) plenty of places that explain how to get coins on both sides of the fork. No reason to explain it again here.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:46:14 AM

Hi dear friends,

Regards
1. Blockchain is a safe place to store bitcoin even in large quantities
2. there are two possibilities that either will either get it or not at all
3. exchange is a good place to be able to claim new coins that will be distributed after a hard fork
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:55:48 AM

I am also using the blockchain wallet and my answers to your question is this:

1. Yes it is safe to keep your bitcoin in blockchain during the Hard fork the first time it happen I have bitcoin there and nothing bad happen on it.
2. Probably yes like what they did on the bitcoin cash, they give equivalent amount for your savings.
3. You cannot do anything as far as I know the free coins a just privilege not a mandatory requirement for those on line wallets owners/developers.,
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:03:25 AM

I am using the Block-Chain wallet from last 4 years and never faced any problem so far. Our coins are safe there, just we have to follow the security instructions to protect our coins. I don't think they will offer the free coins after the fork, lets see what happen.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:23:27 AM

To assume web wallets are safe are either stupid or uninformed (excuse my language). Just buy a hardware wallet treat it as investment. It is just about $100 for maximum security. Better be in check or sorry.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:29:11 AM

Blockchain will not give you bitcoin2x. I hear coinbase will it to its customers. If you want to move your bitcoin for bitcoin2x then yobit is also the one who gives the segwit2x coin.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:32:56 AM

I heard bittrex and few other exchange sites are giving free the new coin. Confirm the news first before moving.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:10:36 AM

Hi dear friends,

Hi! Good for you Smiley

Yes. Blockchain.info wallet is pretty safe. But make sure you’ve 2-FA authentication and SMS/email verification/notifications enabled.
If you want to have the ultimate security and safety of your coins, get the hardware wallet.

Eventually, Blockchain.info will enable the withdrawal or exchange of bitcoin gold and probably segwit2x coins. Just as Bitcoin cash has been enabled.

Only thing you will need to do is import your private keys into a new wallet. You can do this at any time after the fork, nothing will be lost. And yes, you can export private keys from blockchain.info wallet (whether it is an old or new wallet is irrelevant, new type of wallets will give you a recovery phrase and by using that you can get your private keys).
soham

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:21:45 AM

Hi dear friends,

Regards

Hi, Let me answer your questions one by one,

1. Blockchain is an old and time-tested online wallet which will let you have the access to your private key. It's safe until some hacker hacks your account.

2 and 3. No, blockchain will not distribute free Segwit 2X after the fork on 16th November. If you want to get free coins but don't want to install a hardware wallet, open a coinbase account and transfer your bitcoins to coinbase. Coinbase has officially stated that they will support 2X and distribute to the bitcoin holders.

I hope this helps!

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:31:46 AM

You should follow their twitter and other channels closely. It is considered quite secure and I agree.

One thing though, with the Bitcoin Cash they decided not to support it (as many others) but then after 2 month they credited to the wallets that had BCT at the time of the fork.

What I'm saying is that even if they don't support it now, they could do it later.

I for one wouldn't risk though.

Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:20:57 AM

You should follow their twitter and other channels closely. It is considered quite secure and I agree.

One thing though, with the Bitcoin Cash they decided not to support it (as many others) but then after 2 month they credited to the wallets that had BCT at the time of the fork.

What I'm saying is that even if they don't support it now, they could do it later.

I for one wouldn't risk though.

I do not see any risk. What is the difference between holding your coins on blockchain.info or in your own software wallet?

Any secure Bitcoin wallet that gives the user exclusive control of the private keys is a suitable location to store your coins prior to the fork. Some wallets may offer you direct access to your new coins, while others may require you to take additional technical steps.

So if you don't want to wait for blockchain.info to give you new coins, you can freely import your private keys into a new wallet when it's available after the fork, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: