Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:41:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone copy or clone Decentralize exchange like Etherdelta?  (Read 264 times)
Mexim (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:54:19 AM

I have seen Etherdelta surce code on github , is it open source ?Does this means that anyone can basically just fork it and copy ? Isn’t that bad for the author of etherdelta?
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:33:01 AM

when you are talking about open source projects you have to check out their license. most of them are free to be used by anyone who wants but there may be some with some restrictive licenses.
i checked the Etherdelta Github page and it seems like the developer forgot to set any license for his work! so i guess you are free to use it anyway you like although it is best to contact the developer.

also why not contribute to the same project and make that better if you can instead of creating something new!

--looking for signature--
Tatex

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:20:32 AM

The developer wants it to work that way. You can just run it off of your own computer to make sure it's safe every time Smiley
Mexim (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:57:43 PM

when you are talking about open source projects you have to check out their license. most of them are free to be used by anyone who wants but there may be some with some restrictive licenses.
i checked the Etherdelta Github page and it seems like the developer forgot to set any license for his work! so i guess you are free to use it anyway you like although it is best to contact the developer.

also why not contribute to the same project and make that better if you can instead of creating something new!

Hmm it means it's dangerous to put your work on github if you are not willing to let others to copy it , btw does every decentralized project must be open source like Bitcoin? Is altcoin like Ethereum , Dash , Neo etc open source ?
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:06:44 PM

If you have a good developer and a nice budget to hire him, then you are able to clone every exchange/website/program that you would like, but yes, maybe you are going to face some legal issues if they discover that you have copied or cloned all their files instead of creating a copycat.
Just be careful, i think that you want to copy this in order to run your own exchange.. but if you do this, a lot of people will think that you are running a fake one because it would be shady to open your exchange and see that it looks exactly like etherdelta.
Mexim (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:22:00 AM

If you have a good developer and a nice budget to hire him, then you are able to clone every exchange/website/program that you would like, but yes, maybe you are going to face some legal issues if they discover that you have copied or cloned all their files instead of creating a copycat.
Just be careful, i think that you want to copy this in order to run your own exchange.. but if you do this, a lot of people will think that you are running a fake one because it would be shady to open your exchange and see that it looks exactly like etherdelta.

Ya and trust is the uttermost important element for an cryptocurrency exchange , I didn't plan to just copy etherdelta  Grin , I'm learning to become a developer so I want to experience different project development , if ethereum , dash etc is open for copy , I would try to copy all of them
Burgergad

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:43:41 PM

Well, there are already several projects of decentralized exchanges, such as Etherdelta, and they are very aggressive and are developing their policies. I think that 2018 can become a goth of such projects and exchanges, the future behind them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: