Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best countries to live in for BTC holders  (Read 731 times)
Babebottle

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:56:08 PM

I would vote for japan, the policies there are really good for cryptocurrencies.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:15:26 PM

I think tax havens such as certain islands in the Caribbean are the best for large Bitcoin holders. Iceland seems to be very friendly with crypto too, so that's an option. If I'm not mistaken, Estonia is also pretty crypto friendly and is attracting lots of blockchain companies.

elf545

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:27:56 PM

Hi all,

With ever increasing BTC prices, where can BTC holders move to minimize taxes? I'm confused by many of the tax laws that I'm reading about. It seems like clear rules have yet to emerge in many countries. Some countries have a wealth tax, which means that you must sell a certain amount of your BTC every year, which is regrettable. I think one should try to avoid these countries at least. But other than that, it is only the capital gains tax that is relevant?

Edit: Maybe this thread suits better in the Bitcoin Discussion section?

imy opinion, in this life we can not avoid taxes.
wherever we live there is always a tax ....

only how big or small his tax is in every country
expl of my country '' indonesia '': there is no tax for BTC holder but there is withdrawal tax 1%
Sven37

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:03:30 PM

sure, but the topic is about BTC holders, so i thought about taxes. i honestly think, living or to be born in austria is like a jackpot. beautyful and a save country with good socialservices. not many countries are "better" at that.

otherwise, i love canada Wink
AnnaCepesh

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:17:44 PM

For holders - counties with stable social environment, where the risk of revolution is low, political regime is neither totalitarian nor authoritarian and the level of happiness is high.
For miners - countries with cheap electricity and eternal winter.
dumbfounded22

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:35:59 PM

Denmark is one of the countries that seek to eliminate fiatr money, cashless settlement and the digital currency here are widespread. According to the central bank of the country bitcoin is not a currency which means that its use in the country is not regulated by the state and transactions in bitcoins are not subject to taxation.
BitcoinBlaster

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:47:08 PM

Well I guess as long as you have internet any country is ok.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:35:59 PM

Denmark is one of the countries that seek to eliminate fiatr money, cashless settlement and the digital currency here are widespread. According to the central bank of the country bitcoin is not a currency which means that its use in the country is not regulated by the state and transactions in bitcoins are not subject to taxation.

Cool, I love Denmark. Didnt know that it was this cryptofriendly. But as you say that bitcoin transactions are not subject to taxation, does this mean that if someone was to convert his BTC back to fiat with lets say x10 profit, the government wouldnt take any tax from those profits?
King Koy

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:24:49 AM

Here in Asia, specially in the place of Indonesia, Thailand and Cambodia, also Philippines. Dollar on these places is high in value so 1 bitcoin will make the people living there rich.
shillberting

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:43:49 AM

I found out that this place called Commonwealth of Dominica is offering citizenship for 100k, which is 50% discount from Vanuatu offering for 200k. Take the discount and never look back haha! Wink
elf545

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:40:41 PM

Well I guess as long as you have internet any country is ok.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
You are right, without the internet we can not access bitcoin
dtimmy

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:51:58 PM

Delhi in india has always been a dream city for me
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:39:06 PM

Many countries regulate BTC.
China is bad.
In my country there is no law about bitcoins whatsoever so it’s the best place to be a bitcoin holder since there is no regulation about it there is no taxes involved when you are buying or selling bitcoins in my country which is the best.
zedkiel08

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:45:07 AM

For me my first choice of country to live in for bitcoin is japan. And i think if i have a lot of bitcoin , japan will be the perfect place to live , they have no regulations about bitcoin , no taxes to pay. And for some other reasons i also want to live in western countries where bitcoin is accepted as payments. Just like in some part of europe , where bitcoin is one of the source payment.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
THE FABRIC TOKEN ECOSYSTEM      WHITE PAPER    ANN THREAD    SLACK      DRAG-AND-DROP SMART CONTRACTS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Reptile

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:32:33 AM

For the time being it seems you're rather playing "Russian Roulette" when trying to pick what country is to be best one to live in with your BTC.
You never know what happens next: you name the country of your choice, move in there - and they stage a massive clampdown, like that one in South Korea.

PS.
And I haven't yet heard of their having the ministers fired:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2734959.0
fogsan

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:39:35 AM

Hi all,

With ever increasing BTC prices, where can BTC holders move to minimize taxes? I'm confused by many of the tax laws that I'm reading about. It seems like clear rules have yet to emerge in many countries. Some countries have a wealth tax, which means that you must sell a certain amount of your BTC every year, which is regrettable. I think one should try to avoid these countries at least. But other than that, it is only the capital gains tax that is relevant?

Edit: Maybe this thread suits better in the Bitcoin Discussion section?
I heard that Singapore is good from the tax system
vikashh

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:51:34 AM

africa ...u get to pay ntin yet
andreasdope

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:53:48 AM