Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:43:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [YAC] Stake question  (Read 979 times)
amytheplanarshift (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:55:59 AM

I have a quick question about POS and YAC. Recently I think I've held my coins long enough to the point where I should be getting some POS from them, but I've noticed something happening that I don't quite understand. My wallet will make a transaction to a blank address for 0.00 YAC, and move a certain number of YAC to the "Stake" field in the client (right now I'm showing 2520.86 YAC) as "Stake" in the client. A few days ago the same thing happened but it showed 5000 some coins as Stake. After 512 confirmations the Stake balance moved back to my normal balance but I don't see any confirmation anywhere of any coins being minted through POS.

I saw a screenshot the other day of the PPCoin client and it showed in their transaction history the various amounts they minted through staking and I didn't see any of these empty 0.00 YAC blank address transactions like I am getting with YAC. What's up with that?

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
liteuser

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:06:13 AM

Once they mature (520 blocks) you can see the YAC received looking at "Show transaction details". Before that it shows 0.0 YAC.

Before maturation, you could substract the Staked amount to the "Net amount" shown in "Show transaction details".

Or you can check the transaction ID on yacexplorer.tk and see the POS Generation value.

Example: http://yacexplorer.tk/block/f2a4c64c959262fcf9506d4dfcf2eb8ba7009ec5b59c3782f3cc235f74351a04

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
amytheplanarshift (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:29:16 AM

Once they mature (520 blocks) you can see the YAC received looking at "Show transaction details". Before that it shows 0.0 YAC.

Before maturation, you could substract the Staked amount to the "Net amount" shown in "Show transaction details".

Or you can check the transaction ID on yacexplorer.tk and see the POS Generation value.

Example: http://yacexplorer.tk/block/f2a4c64c959262fcf9506d4dfcf2eb8ba7009ec5b59c3782f3cc235f74351a04

Ah, okay. I see now. Thanks!

larem

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:33:49 AM

What is this Proof of Stake... and how is it different from other coins (or is it)?

eddyfitz

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:36:54 AM

In a few words - proof of stake increases your balance roughly by 1% yearly if you do not spend your coins.
Can anybody say if there are any chances to see current stakes in daemon?
Since I run my yacoind for a long time, have not spent any coins for last 35-36 days but

Code:
./yacoind listtransactions

does not show anything new and balance remains the same
larem

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:38:18 AM

In a few words - proof of stake increases your balance roughly by 1% yearly if you do not spend your coins.
Since I run my yacoind for a long time, have not spent any coins for last 35-36 days but

Code:

Whoa, I had no idea about that. I was under the impression when people talked about Proof of Stake they just meant like... proof that the coin works, lol.

Does this mean that we want the coins in our wallet? I have a lot of them on a pool still that I haven't withdrawn yet.

eddyfitz

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:44:07 AM

somehow yes. I doubt exchange will add proof of stake to your balance  Grin but this was made not for investment but for chain security
larem

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:53:05 AM

somehow yes. I doubt exchange will add proof of stake to your balance  Grin but this was made not for investment but for chain security

lol, anything helps though! Thanks for the heads-up. I just put in my withdrawal request, Smiley.

amytheplanarshift (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:59:29 AM

In case anyone is wondering, this is what it looks like in the transaction details:

rbdrbd

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:02:29 PM

Code:

From looking at the source, I think it's 5%/yr with YACoin:

https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1021
larem

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:04:48 PM

Wait a second though... with what the image shows (the one explaining PoS)... this is only given if *you* generate a block? So mining in a pool means no PoS since the pool would be the one that gets it?

amytheplanarshift (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:06:23 PM

Wait a second though... with what the image shows (the one explaining PoS)... this is only given if *you* generate a block? So mining in a pool means no PoS since the pool would be the one that gets it?

It means the POS block that you generate. If your coins are sitting on a pool you will not get the POS because they will be in the pool's wallet and therefore the pool will get the POS coins if they sit there long enough to generate them. You have to keep them in your local wallet for long enough to begin generating POS blocks to get the rewards.

rbdrbd

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:07:16 PM

It's generated independently from Proof of Work mining. You just need to have your wallet up and unlocked for stake mining.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714 for more info.

EDIT: And to amytheplanarshift's point, the coins need to be in your wallet, and not moving around for at least 30 days to begin generating stake.
eddyfitz

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:08:33 PM

okay, so when your coins go to "stake" to be held for 520 confirmations - do you see it in "listtransactions" output??
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:10:08 PM

Code:

Which is weird, because when PPcoin first came out, I bought 2000 coins, and then had 2 PoS blocks with a value of ~900 coins each, then i had a balance of 3800 coins. That didn't seem like 1 percent to me.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
larem

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:10:50 PM

It's generated independently from Proof of Work mining. You just need to have your wallet up and unlocked for stake mining.

EDIT: And to amytheplanarshift's point, the coins need to be in your wallet, and not moving around for at least 30 days to begin generating stake.

This is interesting... are these (PPC's) the same steps we take for YAC as well, or is it different?

eddyfitz

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:15:54 PM

Code:

Which is weird, because when PPcoin first came out, I bought 2000 coins, and then had 2 PoS blocks with a value of ~900 coins each, then i had a balance of 3800 coins. That didn't seem like 1 percent to me.

My bad. As rbdrbd noticed - it's clearly 5%/year. not as Novacoin 1-100%/yr nor PPcoin
rbdrbd

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:25:36 PM

This is interesting... are these (PPC's) the same steps we take for YAC as well, or is it different?

YAC gets it's POS implementation from Novacoin, which got it from PPCoin, so yes, those steps should work with YAC (I got my wallet working that way too).
Sahtor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 01:04:27 PM

I got my first 1.7% annual stake block generated somewhere around day 35-40. The PoS generation should become easier and bigger until 90 days when you start losing interest. There's still some luck involved or I'd get 5%/12 every month.
larem

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:14:02 PM

YAC gets it's POS implementation from Novacoin, which got it from PPCoin, so yes, those steps should work with YAC (I got my wallet working that way too).

Mmmm, it says to add a bat file where the ppcoind is (or in this case yacoind) but that's not in my QT folder (nor in the zip where YAC is located). Is there something special we have to do here?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: