Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoin with cash deposits at most banks in the USA with Bitcoin-Brokers  (Read 104418 times)
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:38:16 AM

Another incredibly smooth transaction today (as a buyer). Very nice work guys. Keep it up Smiley.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 02:58:11 AM

Just created an account and contacted support to sell some BTC. Will update with my experience.
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:19:11 AM

I want to address the issue that a few people seem to have with collecting the business card of the teller after a deposit has been made.

I know that it may not seem to serve a purpose other than collecting the name of the person who accepted the deposit, but it does.

I need to see the business card because it shows me the city and State that the bank is located in. I need that to establish what time zone you are in. A deposit slip that states 2:30pm doesn't tell me enough. I need to know 2:30 where to establish the correct pricing of the bitcoin from MtGox.

So please, I know it adds that extra step, but it really makes things easier for me.

PS-I know somebody will ask, so I will answer the question in advance.................."No, you may not just tell me what time zone you are in. I need to see the business card to know that is your time zone".

Thanks

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cardcomm

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:25:52 PM

I want to address the issue that a few people seem to have with collecting the business card of the teller after a deposit has been made.

I know that it may not seem to serve a purpose other than collecting the name of the person who accepted the deposit, but it does.

I need to see the business card because it shows me the city and State that the bank is located in. I need that to establish what time zone you are in. A deposit slip that states 2:30pm doesn't tell me enough. I need to know 2:30 where to establish the correct pricing of the bitcoin from MtGox.

So please, I know it adds that extra step, but it really makes things easier for me.

PS-I know somebody will ask, so I will answer the question in advance.................."No, you may not just tell me what time zone you are in. I need to see the business card to know that is your time zone".

Thanks

With all due respect, I know it's your business to run as you think best. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Every time I've asked for a business card it's been awkward. The last time the teller got all flustered looking for one, took forever, then finally gave me one from her co-worker and wrote her name on it. She was clearly concerned that she's done something I didn't like, and was trying to figure out what. This in spite of me giving her my best smile and being ultra friendly.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this is my least favorite part of an otherwise incredibly smooth and pain free process. I was thinking the name of the teller and the address of the bank branch should be all you need Smiley

At any rate, keep up the good work.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

Thanks

With all due respect, I know it's your business to run as you think best. But I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Every time I've asked for a business card it's been awkward. The last time the teller got all flustered looking for one, took forever, then finally gave me one from her co-worker and wrote her name on it. She was clearly concerned that she's done something I didn't like, and was trying to figure out what. This in spite of me giving her my best smile and being ultra friendly.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this is my least favorite part of an otherwise incredibly smooth and pain free process. I was thinking the name of the teller and the address of the bank branch should be all you need Smiley

Would it make it easier if it was just anybody's card from the bank as opposed to the teller you spoke with?

The main reason why I need it is to establish the time zone for the pricing. There has never been one transaction where the business card was ever needed do to a conflict with a deposit (knock on wood).

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:58:22 PM

Thanks

Cardcomm, asking for a business card is standard practice at banks especially for transactions like these. Don't let the newb tellers awkward reaction sway you, gold and silver futures trade in this exact same way so on your end it's not anything odd for the banks. In the future, try asking for "the bank's business card for reference/future transactions" so it's not so personal and direct. They can give you a blank card or just anybody's card they find close by.

Anyway, I just thought I would help, I have asked for many business cards through my business and once you find the right approach it's very straight forward. I can definitely see where you're coming from and how it can be awkward in certain situations.

SELL UPDATE: Just a quick update for everyone with my trading status, I have sold over 100 btc to date through BB and I have been able to clear my funds out of GOX. Awesome system guys, thanks again.
cardcomm

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:24:22 AM

Thanks

Cardcomm, asking for a business card is standard practice at banks especially for transactions like these. Don't let the newb tellers awkward reaction sway you, gold and silver futures trade in this exact same way so on your end it's not anything odd for the banks. In the future, try asking for "the bank's business card for reference/future transactions" so it's not so personal and direct. They can give you a blank card or just anybody's card they find close by.

Anyway, I just thought I would help, I have asked for many business cards through my business and once you find the right approach it's very straight forward. I can definitely see where you're coming from and how it can be awkward in certain situations.

SELL UPDATE: Just a quick update for everyone with my trading status, I have sold over 100 btc to date through BB and I have been able to clear my funds out of GOX. Awesome system guys, thanks again.

Yeah, I'll try and refine my approach for the future. It might be easier asking for the bank's business card. Although the one time I asked that way, they tried to get me to open an account Smiley  I'll just try and make the best of it in future transactions. I'm sure it'll get easier, or at least I'll notice less.   hahaha

BTW, I do understand the need for clear identification of the specific branch. That makes perfect sense.

ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 03:27:45 AM

Just sent 5 BTC to sell. Time zone differences are always a pain. Hopefully you can find a buyer soon.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:24:51 AM

what can i expect to pay with this service relative to mt gox spot price when all is said and done? i'm working on setting up a vending machine in my area and trying to figure out the cheapest way to get a supply of coins. i was hoping to charge 4.9% over mtgox spot while still leaving myself room for profit.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 05:18:32 AM

I'm honestly a bit surprised at the fuss over business cards. In every bank I've ever visited in the US (New Jersey, Virginia, and Texas), the tellers always had their cards out in a little holder at their window. I used to laugh a little at that, wondering who'd need the card of a random teller - now I know. Smiley I never had to ask, I just took one. I'd assumed that was just standard industry practice, but given the feedback here, I guess it's not.

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:15:02 PM

what can i expect to pay with this service relative to mt gox spot price when all is said and done? i'm working on setting up a vending machine in my area and trying to figure out the cheapest way to get a supply of coins. i was hoping to charge 4.9% over mtgox spot while still leaving myself room for profit.

Sellers typically sell their BTC for between MtGox to MtGox +3 %.

The Bitcoin-Brokers fee is always 2%.

Hope that helps.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
n4ru

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:58:43 PM

Sent 5 BTC to sell.
icm_24

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:25:43 PM

Woot! I can finally post in the regular sections now :-)

I just wanted to say I tried it myself and I fully recommend it. It is most definitely legit, though the time it takes to get your BTC may vary depending on the seller. It took about 5 hours after my deposit to seller's account before the seller verified the deposit and gave permission to release my btc, but I DID get my btc the same day so I can't complain with all the other scams out there and legitimate sites that take DAYS to exchange.

Also regarding the Bank Business Card, I made the suggestion to Dan, but if you use the same bank, just use the same business card every time you deposit.

I'm use Chase and Bank of America so I will always use the same banks in my area so I will always use the same business cards from those banks. There is no need to ask for one EVERY TIME you go to deposit if you've gone to that same bank before. Just use the same card you got there last time and scan it with the receipt. No muss, no fuss.

Thanks to the BTC Brokers team for the great service :-)

P.S. does anyone else find it funny that Dan's last name is Brown? Like the author Dan Brown (Angels & Demons, Davinci Code)? :-P
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:49:35 AM

Woot! I can finally post in the regular sections now :-)

I just wanted to say I tried it myself and I fully recommend it. It is most definitely legit, though the time it takes to get your BTC may vary depending on the seller. It took about 5 hours after my deposit to seller's account before the seller verified the deposit and gave permission to release my btc, but I DID get my btc the same day so I can't complain with all the other scams out there and legitimate sites that take DAYS to exchange.

Also regarding the Bank Business Card, I made the suggestion to Dan, but if you use the same bank, just use the same business card every time you deposit.

I'm use Chase and Bank of America so I will always use the same banks in my area so I will always use the same business cards from those banks. There is no need to ask for one EVERY TIME you go to deposit if you've gone to that same bank before. Just use the same card you got there last time and scan it with the receipt. No muss, no fuss.

Thanks to the BTC Brokers team for the great service :-)

P.S. does anyone else find it funny that Dan's last name is Brown? Like the author Dan Brown (Angels & Demons, Davinci Code)? :-P

You are correct. I am surprised I didn't think of it earlier. If you are a repeat client, just hang onto the business card from your previous deposit, and submit it each time you deposit at that bank. This will save you having to collect a new one each time you visit the bank.

On a side note, there are lots of BTC available in Canada right now at any Canada Trust.

Thanks.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:52:11 PM

I am happy to announce that Citibank is now offered as a payment location for BTC.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:32:30 PM

Alright I have now read all pages of the thread!
First off I think it is quite odd to see so many noobs suddenly risk their BTC in this new business.
More than often noobs always try to research the legitimacy of a business before trying it out. Well, that at least was true for me.
The entire structure of the business sounds great! The process length sounds slower than BitInstant but way more profitable. On the other hand it seems
to be faster than LocalBitcoins but with about the same profit outcome. I guess the only things left to improve user base, other than everything else mentioned on the previous pages,
would be more transparency on the business owner's part. I read somewhere in the beginning of the thread that the information of the business owner is unavailable and or inaccurate.
Whether that's true or not I can't say. I will say that if the owner(s) Bitcoin-Brokers are so sure that they aren't breaking any laws with their business then why is it that they don't provide
accurate information of the owner(s) of the business? If ever the user base significantly increases Bitcoin-Brokers can easily run off with all the Bitcoin and sell them elsewhere. I'm not saying they
will do this but to anyone reading this be aware that it is a possibility.  
icm_24

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:11:18 PM

"First off I think it is quite odd to see so many noobs suddenly risk their BTC in this new business."

Just because someone is a noob to this forum doesn't mean they're noobs to BTC. I'm most certainly not. Been dealing with BTC for almost a year now, but then that still might make me a noob to other vets that have been around since it started.

As I'm not a seller yet, I can't argue why people would risk their BTC but I can most certainly argue why I'd risk my money to get some. As you pointed out BitInstant was a legit legal way of getting them but it has since gone down for restructuring. So what are we supposed to do? There are so many BTC scams out there that all you CAN do is RISK if you want to stay in the BTC game. I've been scammed and lost as much as about $1k in different ways trying to get BTC, but for me BTC and any type of investment is a gamble and when you gamble, you win some, you lose some. I'm well on my way to recuperating that money, but I count it as a loss like I would a bad bet.

"More than often noobs always try to research the legitimacy of a business before trying it out. Well, that at least was true for me."

Thats what these forums and others like it are for. To find the legitimate places to exchange BTC/cash. You mentioned LocalBitcoins as a legitimate way to purchase BTC but even there people have been scammed. I never use it because I've only ever found one person that trades in my area and they have a bad rep.

"I will say that if the owner(s) Bitcoin-Brokers are so sure that they aren't breaking any laws with their business then why is it that they don't provide accurate information of the owner(s) of the business?"

Anyone that trades in BTC is breaking the law any time they don't include the earnings from those trades in their taxes. Now do you HONESTLY think that most people that trade in BTC report those earnings with the anonymity of BTC? I most certainly don't believe that. Hell thats why I deal in BTC, because of the anonymity. BTCQuick is a legit site, but their transparency and procedures means you lose all anonymity.

"If ever the user base significantly increases Bitcoin-Brokers can easily run off with all the Bitcoin and sell them elsewhere. I'm not saying they will do this but to anyone reading this be aware that it is a possibility."

It's like I said before, most people that deal in BTC already know the risks they're taking, but what else can we do? Sit on our cash while the BTC economy goes up and down and miss out on all the lost opportunities because of fear of losing your money and/or BTC? Anyone that's afraid to take risks is NEVER going to make it in BTC.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:45:46 PM

Alright I have now read all pages of the thread!
First off I think it is quite odd to see so many noobs suddenly risk their BTC in this new business.
More than often noobs always try to research the legitimacy of a business before trying it out. Well, that at least was true for me.
The entire structure of the business sounds great! The process length sounds slower than BitInstant but way more profitable. On the other hand it seems
to be faster than LocalBitcoins but with about the same profit outcome. I guess the only things left to improve user base, other than everything else mentioned on the previous pages,
would be more transparency on the business owner's part. I read somewhere in the beginning of the thread that the information of the business owner is unavailable and or inaccurate.
Whether that's true or not I can't say. I will say that if the owner(s) Bitcoin-Brokers are so sure that they aren't breaking any laws with their business then why is it that they don't provide
accurate information of the owner(s) of the business? If ever the user base significantly increases Bitcoin-Brokers can easily run off with all the Bitcoin and sell them elsewhere. I'm not saying they
will do this but to anyone reading this be aware that it is a possibility.  

" If ever the user base significantly increases Bitcoin-Brokers can easily run off with all the Bitcoin and sell them elsewhere. I'm not saying they
will do this but to anyone reading this be aware that it is a possibility."

The mathematics alone should tell you that this would be unwise.

Bitcoin-Brokers makes 2% on every transaction. It doesn't matter if the business does $10,000 a day or $100,000 a day, the same 2% is realized on every transaction.

Only an extremely short-sighted person would ever think that stealing would be a wise business move.

If Bitcoin-Brokers ever failed to deliver a single transaction, this thread, which is the lifeblood of the business, would be the first place a disgruntled client would come to vent. The business would be ruined.

With 2% being realized on every transaction, every 60-70 days Bitcoin-Brokers makes in profit, effectively what it holds in escrow from its clients.

On what planet would anybody in their right mind think that trashing a successful business, just so it could get its hands on what it would earn every 70 days would be a good idea?

"First off I think it is quite odd to see so many noobs suddenly risk their BTC in this new business."

I have news for you my friend, this industry is only in its infancy. We are all noobs. This industry didn't exist 10 years ago. 25 years from now, Bitcoin-Brokers and many other bitcoin related businesses will be looked at as some of the earliest adopters in this rapidly growing industry.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 01:11:20 AM

Just to report back, I've had very smooth transactions as a seller so far, and I still continue to use their services. Here's a small run-down of my first transaction:
http://btcgeek.com/bitcoin-brokers-review-buying-bitcoin-anonymously-selling-bitcoin-at-a-premium/
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:13:35 PM

Just to report back, I've had very smooth transactions as a seller so far, and I still continue to use their services. Here's a small run-down of my first transaction:
http://btcgeek.com/bitcoin-brokers-review-buying-bitcoin-anonymously-selling-bitcoin-at-a-premium/

I appreciate the positive feedback.

Thanks.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: