Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:16:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoin with cash deposits at most banks in the USA with Bitcoin-Brokers  (Read 104416 times)
kentt

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:07:50 PM

Could you add ING in Canada.  I wanna sell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:25:30 PM

Could you add ING in Canada.  I wanna sell.

It would be my pleasure. I had somebody asking this morning about buying in Canada and I didn't have any available so I think yours should sell fairly quickly. If you could just contact me through the helpdesk at Bitcoin-Brokers and I will get onto this for you right away.

https://bitcoinbrokers.zendesk.com

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
objectnotfound

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:32:21 PM

Another thing we might want to keep in mind here...

I get quoted for x amount of BTC, and I have until 6 p.m. to deposit the money.

At 4:30, I go, deposit the money while I'm running various errands. I get home at 7 to find that my order has been released to someone else because I didn't provide proof of purchase in the allotted time frame. Now I have no BTC and no way to get a refund. In addition, the seller got a double deposit - what then?

All of this is purely theoretical, and food for thought.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:45:49 PM

At 4:30, I go, deposit the money while I'm running various errands. I get home at 7 to find that my order has been released to someone else because I didn't provide proof of purchase in the allotted time frame. Now I have no BTC and no way to get a refund. In addition, the seller got a double deposit - what then?

You do not have until 6:00 to make the deposit. You have until 6:00pm to make the deposit and reply back to the support thread with your deposit slip.

Plus when you get quoted the price, the bitcoins are placed on hold and will not be sold to anybody else that day.

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:02:36 PM

As requested I have:

-eliminated the need to create an account. (other than submitting an email through the helpdesk).
-eliminated the confusing pricing/shopping cart issue.
-created a better explanation of the service.
-streamlined the entire ordering process for both the buyer and the seller.

Buying and selling is now easier.
There is no obvious way to sign up on your site as a bitcoin seller.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:09:25 PM

As requested I have:

-eliminated the need to create an account. (other than submitting an email through the helpdesk).

First paragraph on this page:
http://www.bitcoin-brokers.org/our-services/

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:30:01 PM

I found that, but the average visitor won't bother taking the time.

If somebody comes to your web site looking for a way to buy or sell bitcoins, they need to see an obvious way to do so within a couple seconds or else you've lost 90% of your audience.

This is true of all web sites, just read any usability study that has ever been done on the subject.

http://www.officialsamuel.com/blog/attention-span/
objectnotfound

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:47:10 PM

You do not have until 6:00 to make the deposit. You have until 6:00pm to make the deposit and reply back to the support thread with your deposit slip.

Plus when you get quoted the price, the bitcoins are placed on hold and will not be sold to anybody else that day.

Right, but what I'm saying is what if I made the deposit yesterday, but didn't (or forgot) to send the receipts until today and you had already put the coins back up and sold them, where would that put me as a customer? You can't guarantee a refund since the cash went straight to them, and they've already sold their coins!
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:58:52 PM

Right, but what I'm saying is what if I made the deposit yesterday, but didn't (or forgot) to send the receipts until today and you had already put the coins back up and sold them, where would that put me as a customer? You can't guarantee a refund since the cash went straight to them, and they've already sold their coins!

You are absolutely correct. If you made a deposit yesterday, and either didn't, or simply forgot to send us your proof of deposit, then you might be in trouble. I say "might" because there are multiple scenarios which could spawn from this hypothetical situation you have presented.

Frankly, it would take too long to attempt to walk down every "hypothetical" situation. I have faith that the majority of clients who take the time and effort to go so far as to visit a bank and deposit their cash into a stranger's bank account are going to continue their end of their responsibility which is to make us aware of the deposit.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:00:34 PM

I found that, but the average visitor won't bother taking the time.

If somebody comes to your web site looking for a way to buy or sell bitcoins, they need to see an obvious way to do so within a couple seconds or else you've lost 90% of your audience.

This is true of all web sites, just read any usability study that has ever been done on the subject.

http://www.officialsamuel.com/blog/attention-span/

Thanks for the advice. I have made an adjustment to the site which hopefully now makes that more clear.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 09:13:45 PM

Quick note: At the bottom of this page, you reference this thread, but it's not an actual link.  Making it one that users can click to open a new window would probably be better for you. =)

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:23:20 PM

Quick note: At the bottom of this page, you reference this thread, but it's not an actual link.  Making it one that users can click to open a new window would probably be better for you. =)

Thanks. I will change that.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:25:17 PM

As requested I have:

This is something I was also trying to relay to you. I couldn't make use of it at all without your direct contact to be honest. But I'm having 110% ease of use now, reporting more confirmed transactions successfully selling BTC through WF.

BTC Long.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:36:24 PM

As requested I have:

This is something I was also trying to relay to you. I couldn't make use of it at all without your direct contact to be honest. But I'm having 110% ease of use now, reporting more confirmed transactions successfully selling BTC through WF.

It was your suggestions which largely influenced the decision to make those changes. I am happy it is making things easier to navigate.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
objectnotfound

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:22:50 AM

Also, as someone who has made multiple purchases now, maybe you could implement a trusted buyer system of sorts, or reduce the hold time for unresponsive sellers to 12 hours?
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:39:37 PM

Also, as someone who has made multiple purchases now, maybe you could implement a trusted buyer system of sorts, or reduce the hold time for unresponsive sellers to 12 hours?

I fully appreciate your desire to speed up the process. Sellers are given 24 hours regardless if a purchaser has purchased from us before. I am sure that you would never do anything dishonest, but I simply cannot release any bitcoins until I receive permission from the seller. Afterall, the bitcoins belong to the seller and not Bitcoin-Brokers.

Obviously if a deposit has been made and the seller goes MIA, then I will release your bitcoins since the deposit slip you have provided looks good to me. Some sellers are more available than others which seems to be the reason why sometimes releases come within minutes while at times like this they take several hours.

I am manning the helpdesk, so the second I see the release email come through from the seller your bitcoins will be released.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
krazy4

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 08:09:38 PM

Just submitted my request. Look forward to hearing from you regarding deposit details.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 05:59:02 PM

Great idea and can't get shut down! But this may make the government sieze individual accounts. Taking a cash deposit directly would make us money transmitters. But I'll be using it with a bank I don't use.

Online24o0n

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:13:15 PM

site is not even https secured?

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:33:24 PM

site is not even https secured?

-Zero financial transactions occur on the site.
-Zero information is collected via the site.
-Hence zero need for Https on the site.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: