Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:58:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTG Calulator Question  (Read 457 times)
TheWildCoin (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:53:44 PM

Hi
Just wondering why the BTG mining profit keeps dropping and we haven't started mining yet, it was $300 for a 1070 card now its down to $103.00 just wondering how it works
Thanks
castiel0504

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:13:49 PM

BTG mining doesn't work, network is not up yet, and they havent finished with coding stuff on their github page.

And this is Bitcoin area. Topics about shitcoins should be posted in Altcoins Discussion.
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Hi
Just wondering why the BTG mining profit keeps dropping and we haven't started mining yet, it was $300 for a 1070 card now its down to $103.00 just wondering how it works
Thanks
Difficulty and price drives the calculator , if difficulty rises profit is lower , if price drops profit drops too , it's the same way every other coin works , by the way any numbers you see now on btg calculators are not true because there is no public mining yet and i think there won't be at all , this coin is dying before it's even public

2016 GPU Miner
TheWildCoin (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:26:25 AM

Thanks for the replays, didn't mean to post in the wrong spot, one more question if you dont mind, what kinda of profit is there in a 6 card rig with Nvidia 1070 cards is it worth doing at all, my math shows if I'm right a 8 - 9 month ROI if this is true it is a big gamble!!! but then again if threes not a fair profit I can't see why people would do it?

Thanks, Jeff.
RentGPU

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:40:00 PM

Thanks for the replays, didn't mean to post in the wrong spot, one more question if you dont mind, what kinda of profit is there in a 6 card rig with Nvidia 1070 cards is it worth doing at all, my math shows if I'm right a 8 - 9 month ROI if this is true it is a big gamble!!! but then again if threes not a fair profit I can't see why people would do it?

Thanks, Jeff.
Mining isn't profitable now , i think who bought some coins and hold them for a month or two have made a much much more profit than who mines even if he holds too, mining is a game which is a risk free and profit free too Grin

2016 GPU Miner
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:47:21 PM

Thanks, Jeff.
Mining isn't profitable now , i think who bought some coins and hold them for a month or two have made a much much more profit than who mines even if he holds too, mining is a game which is a risk free and profit free too Grin

That's definitely not the case for ETH. If you bought ETH two months ago and held, you would be no better off today. If you built a mining rig two months ago and sold the ETH you mined, you would be paying off the mining rig with the profit you made. Also a good idea to HODL 10-20% of the coins mined.
RentGPU

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:22:08 PM

Thanks, Jeff.

That's definitely not the case for ETH. If you bought ETH two months ago and held, you would be no better off today. If you built a mining rig two months ago and sold the ETH you mined, you would be paying off the mining rig with the profit you made. Also a good idea to HODL 10-20% of the coins mined.
But if you hold btc for the last two months ,..thats what am talking about , if you are investor you should not just focus on one coin

I have made almost double the profit of mining by holding BTC last two months , and i am a miner too so i have experienced both at the same time , i just know that there is a 2 forks this period so it will drive the price up no way ... no rocket science , without doing any work or burning electricity , i have made 2x what my mining machines did for two months.

2016 GPU Miner
Vann

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:02:06 PM

Thanks, Jeff.

But if you hold btc for the last two months ,..thats what am talking about , if you are investor you should not just focus on one coin

I have made almost double the profit of mining by holding BTC last two months , and i am a miner too so i have experienced both at the same time , i just know that there is a 2 forks this period so it will drive the price up no way ... no rocket science , without doing any work or burning electricity , i have made 2x what my mining machines did for two months.

You also could of sold the ETH for BTC and held instead of converting to fiat and still had the BTC appreciation on top of the profit from mining. What's good about mining is your ongoing costs are basically the same no matter what coin you mine and since your cost is less than the market value of the coin, you come out ahead as long as the coin is profitable. With buying and holding there is only one way to come out ahead, the price must go up from where you bought it.
RentGPU

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:43:11 PM

When you are mining what you do is you are buying at a lower than market price depending on your $/kwh cost , but in a TIME BASIS , which means you have to wait certain amount of time to get certain amount of coins (depending on your hashrate) , and thats not like buying at a very low price all at once and thats the disadvantage of mining over buying , when you buy , you just buy the amount you need all at one price which will be the support price or whatever you think it's good to go , then selling on a peak this strategy drives the profits 2xup or 3xup than mining or buying on time basis

2016 GPU Miner
Vann

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

When you are mining what you do is you are buying at a lower than market price depending on your $/kwh cost , but in a TIME BASIS , which means you have to wait certain amount of time to get certain amount of coins (depending on your hashrate) , and thats not like buying at a very low price all at once and thats the disadvantage of mining over buying , when you buy , you just buy the amount you need all at one price which will be the support price or whatever you think it's good to go , then selling on a peak this strategy drives the profits 2xup or 3xup than mining or buying on time basis

It's only a disadvantage if the price of the coin you buy goes up substantially. With mining you are accumulating value no matter what happens with the coin, as long as it remains profitable to mine.
RentGPU

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:59:01 PM

It's only a disadvantage if the price of the coin you buy goes up substantially. With mining you are accumulating value no matter what happens with the coin, as long as it remains profitable to mine.
Accumulating FIAT value not coin value , as the price goes up with time your income satoshi/day decrease Fiat/day stays the same , so you are mining to sell to make a fiat profit don't expect much from this. , crypto is thing going up not fiat so if i want to make big profit i should be in the right side of the game

2016 GPU Miner
Vann

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:03:47 PM

Accumulating FIAT value not coin value , as the price goes up with time your income satoshi/day decrease Fiat/day stays the same , so you are mining to sell to make a fiat profit don't expect much from this. , crypto is thing going up not fiat so if i want to make big profit i should be in the right side of the game

It depends on what you do with the coins you mine. If you sell, then you lock in your profit in fiat and pay off your rig in time. If you mine and HODL and the coin goes up, then you get the appreciation on top of the mining profit.
RentGPU

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:11:13 PM

IF HODL then you should buy better than mining , if selling then you should play it safe and mine but don't expect much. , thats my opinion  Smiley

2016 GPU Miner
kingsters

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

I was quet but i was not blind

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:24:35 PM

now btg deep  this is only bear market  btg run on the btc fork

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: